Notifications
Clear all

Getting Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) In Ireland

MemberMember
(@glitznzits)

Posted : 08/08/2014 3:22 pm

Hello!

I am currently on my first week of treatment with isotretinoin. I am moving sometime in the next few months from the US to Ireland and may not be finished with my course. How difficult is it to obtain isotretinoin/roaccutane in Ireland? I know they don't have iPledge, which is a plus, but are doctors reticent to prescribe it there, even if you are mid-course? Do you still do the monthly liver/triglyceride blood tests? Is it difficult to get an appointment with a dermatologist? I will have pretty good private health insurance over there, if that makes a difference.

Also looking for any experiences anyone has had moving internationally mid-course.

Thank you!!

P.S. Yes, I am a bad person and didn't mention this move to my prescribing derm, I could not take the acne anymore and thought it might be helpful to go to Ireland already taking it, so I wouldn't have to convince a new derm that this was something I really needed--no judgement/lectures please!

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/08/2014 4:38 pm

I'm not familiar at all with Ireland doctors,but if you are already into the treatment when you move to Ireland,you shouldn't have any problem in getting a new prescription.

It may be a little tougher if u had to start the treatment in Ireland. Or maybe not

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/09/2014 12:37 pm

I would talk to your dermatologist about this. You don't want to have to quit half way through. Your derm may be able to prescribe it for you to bring a script over to Ireland. I'm not sure how this will work. I would hope on Ireland they still run your blood tests monthly. It's important to make sure your body is handling the Accutane well or not.