Notifications
Clear all

Best Antibiotic For Acne?

MemberMember
(@helppp)

Posted : 07/25/2014 6:34 pm

Hi guys just wondering what do ye think is the best antibiotic for acne?

When on antibiotics [such as minocin (minicycline)] must you use a topical cream as well?

Please let me know what ye think, i would love to hear your suggestions as i would like to treat my light-moderate acne. Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@helppp)

Posted : 07/27/2014 4:00 pm

any body?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 07/27/2014 4:24 pm

I would not do a systemic antibiotic for mild-moderate acne. You could try a topical antibiotic such as clindamycin, and you could even combine this with topical benzoyl peroxide. Systemic antibiotics have potentially serious and long-lasting side effects, so again I would avoid these.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 07/28/2014 3:51 am

I would suggest minocylcine or more expensive doxycycline as they are very effective short term. Mino is dirt cheap compared to others.

The scare with antibiotics is the side effects and long term effects...but you need to realize these are more common in longer term usage and higher doses.

Topical antibiotic creams can and do enter the blood stream through skin absorption. And again pose problems if used long term. Clindamycin is effect if used correctly, BP and this mix well and do a good job from what i have seen.