Notifications
Clear all

Sister Taking Bc Pills, What About Me!?

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 07/08/2014 4:13 am

Hey all,

So my sister and I had severe acne from the moment we both entered high school. She is two years older than me and fortunate for her, she found her magic pill in the form of birth control pills.

Meanwhile I'm 29 now and still suffering from severe acne that comes and goes. My question is, is there a link to something males can take that would work on me knowing my sister is taking bc pills to manage her acne?

Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 07/09/2014 4:16 pm

Other than saw palmetto which I don't suggest, there is nothing in the form of a pill other than accutane/ antibiotics that would be prescribed to you for acne. BC is hormonal way of controlling it now, but won't last for ever if she wants kids, I've seen people relapse too. Some don't but not common atleast from my experience.

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 07/09/2014 10:08 pm

she practically went from severe to nothing over a 2 week period after she started taking bc pills. She has been acne free for 12 years now.

I too have warned of the possibility of a relapse the day she goes off those pills but so far so good.

I have been a religious believer of the holistic approach but it's starting to wear me down as search for the anti acne diet.