Notifications
Clear all

Finishing Last Month Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@riffdex)

Posted : 04/26/2014 5:03 pm

I am on my last month of Accutane right now, I have like 40 pills left and saw my Derm for the last time (hopefully) about acne like 10 days ago. I was wondering if it would affect anything if I want to take the last 40 pills (40 mg each) one time a day instead of two times a day I have been doing. As long as I end up with the appropriate cumulative dose, isn't that all that matters?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 04/26/2014 6:55 pm

That should be fine thats actually what I did my last course with the last couple weeks. My derm actually told me I could. As long as youre cleared up already I wouldnt think it would hurt anything. If anything it will give you a couple more weeks of guaranteed clear skin.

MemberMember
(@lyannastark)

Posted : 04/27/2014 5:18 am

Exciting! Pls come back in a few months and let us know how your skin is doing after the treatment :)

MemberMember
(@riffdex)

Posted : 04/27/2014 9:29 am

That should be fine thats actually what I did my last course with the last couple weeks. My derm actually told me I could. As long as youre cleared up already I wouldnt think it would hurt anything. If anything it will give you a couple more weeks of guaranteed clear skin.

Thank you! I appreciate the advice.

Exciting! Pls come back in a few months and let us know how your skin is doing after the treatment 🙂

I definitely will! I have found this website to be a great resource during my fight with acne (#thestruggle). I'm actually going to set an event on my calendar so I remember to come back here in a few months haha. Also (assuming my acne stays 100% cleared), it will remind me that it wasn't always that way and what I had to go through!