Notifications
Clear all

Taking Care Of And/or Coloring Hair On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 01/23/2014 6:37 pm

Hello to all current and or previous isotretinoin users

I've been on isotretinoin (accutane) for over a month now, and my hair has become rather dry (it's not falling out though or thinning, as far as I can tell-just become dry and brittle at the ends). I really need to take care of my roots, but One thing I am concerned about is the bleach in the hair-dye irritating my 'tane-sensitive scalp and forehead. Has anyone else had this issue? I really don't want to have to go the next 5 or 6 months without managing my hair (it's already getting a bit tragic) but I don't want to cause any serious skin reactions.

Also - does anyone have any good suggestions for hair products that will help with the dry appearance (i.e., for styling purposes, etc.)

MemberMember
(@n-clare)

Posted : 01/27/2014 11:45 am

I rub coconut oil (the white butter consistency version) in to my scalp and roots before each time I wash. I leave it on as long as I have time for. Really makes my hair shine and it's soft again. My hair was terrible the first month of accutane.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 01/27/2014 11:53 am

I rub coconut oil (the white butter consistency version) in to my scalp and roots before each time I wash. I leave it on as long as I have time for. Really makes my hair shine and it's soft again. My hair was terrible the first month of accutane.

Thank you!!