Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne- Spironolactone And Blue/red Light Therapy (Please Share Your Experience W Me!)

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:02 am

Two days after my 15% Salicylic acid peel and things are looking up. Several clogged pores have cleared out around my mouth that have just been sitting there. The peel really helps to bring all of the clogs out while keeping things less inflammed. I did have two inflammed spots this week, it's that tough area near my laugh line sides of my mouth that always get inflammed. Think the pores there are just so deep, but everything else is coming out very small, light pink and should be gone after another peel next week. I truly feel hopeful today and able to concentrate on things outside of my skin. I ordered a 20% salicylic/30% lactic acid peel that I am going to try next week. Clear out these clogs while working on some PIH. These peels have really helped to speed the progress along. Since I choose to stay away from the Retin A route, I needed another option to clear this bout of comedonal acne and will continue using peels at home as they have been proving helpful.

Overall feel good with coming into my 3rd month on Spiro. I've been taking Pregnenalone for about 1 week and so far no ill side effects. One day at a time and not going to pressure myself to be clear by any specific date. I have found a skincare regime that has left my tone in good shape, not dry and will only make my skin look that much better once I finally clear the remainder of these clogged pores. Keeping my chin up and spirits high. Thankful to have all of these tools at my disposal in my journey to clear this acne once and for all. xo Happy Friday!

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 03/25/2014 8:18 am

So not sure if anyone ever reads this, but tracking my progress and how far I have come has helped for me to continue to practice gratefulness. Today I am a few days into my 4th month on Spironolactone and I finally am starting to see the light at the end of the very long and dark tunnel.

I did my 2nd 25% mandelic acid peel last night and am really loving it. Makes my skin smooth, helps to shrink down any current spots, exfoliates and helps to purge impurities. I'm going to start doing these every 4 days since my skin seems to really tolerate them well. I have a few clogged pores on my forehead, each cheek and a few on the lower jaw on each side. This is nothing compared to the tons and tons that showed up the first month on Spiro. With continued exfoliation and light extraction I should see a continued minimization. The areas that have all cleared have stayed clear. Now it will be continuous work on fading PIH and working to not pick, only light extractions when something is close to the surface. I have continued hope and faith in this process and this medication. When you have a true hormonal imbalance it can affect your life in so many ways. Acne is one, one that is way more than surface. I have to be thankful though for acne. Because it bothered me so much that I started breaking out that I searched and searched and searched until I found answers why. My body was exhausted, it was all messed up hormonally, my liver was not clean, my life was not balanced, I needed to stop and take inventory. I am not out of the woods yet, but I am feeling blessed and thankful for all of this. I have wished for clarity amongst many other things, when you wish and you are determined, you make your wishes come true. I look forward to being clear!!

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 03/31/2014 8:43 am

So I hit 90 days this weekend, so I guess you could consider that officially 3 months. At the moment my remaining issue is a few clogged pores left on each cheek and each side of my jaw. I have been faithfully using BHA/AHA to help clear these and keep them from inflamming before they die off. However, I've had a few come to life which isn't fun, but at least it's not NEW spots. Which is really nice. Things in the new spot department have pretty much died down the last 3 weeks. I did my 3rd peel last night, I layered 5% salicylic then with 25% Mandelic acid for my peel. I love the way the Mandelic works, it calms and helps get the clogs to get up and out without being as harsh as salicylic. I ordered a combo 15% Salicylic/15% Mandelic and think that will be the next one I do to help these final clogs along. I admit, I have extracted several clogs, because they are so fing stubbon. I was not going to pick, but man these needed to be coaxed out. I only have one repercussion at the moment from trying to extract one clog before it was ready. Oh well, can't change it but it will at least be gone by the weekend. Once these final clogged pores kick the freaking bucket already (seriously have NEVER had this problem before ;/) I will start my 40% Lacitc Acid peel and rotate with the Fade Peel I got from MUAC. I also ordered their Mandelic toner and think I am going to rotate that in with my Glycolic toner and stop Salicylic as it is making my skin a bit rougher/dryer.

Less sometimes is more, but when you want to eradicate clogs you sometimes have to get the big guns out. I'm still a bit oily throughout the day, wonder if the peels are causing a bit of this. Have an appt with the Endo this week and will see what they think. I'm less oily then when I started, but wondering if this will impede my future success and improvement. Happy Monday all.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/31/2014 3:37 pm

wow..thanks for sharing your story

almost 41 here and have been dealing with hormonal breakouts for 2 yrs

I wish you the best of luck and will continue to track your journey

wishing you the best!

Kim

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 03/31/2014 4:21 pm

Thanks Kim! Hormonal acne as an adult woman is SO challenging in so many ways. Emotionally, mentally and physically! What are you currently doing to combat them on your end. Love to share this journey.

Liz

wow..thanks for sharing your story

almost 41 here and have been dealing with hormonal breakouts for 2 yrs

I wish you the best of luck and will continue to track your journey

wishing you the best!

Kim

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/31/2014 6:05 pm

Oral antibiotics for a year now....no change..dont know why I keep talking them

no neg side effects though ...am afraid how much worse it would be w/ out, retin-a and acanya

acanya was a DISASTER (used it all over in the am than just as a spot treatment and was all around BAD)....

Dr talked me into staying on it for 10 days and I got more breakouts that week than in my life..It was BADDDDD

Im so scared now to try anything else topical

They had to think I was fudging..they said they have NEVER heard of such a bad reaction....but my skin was a huge mess..6 weeks out now and things are just starting to calm down and I am left with scars galore

Next step is spiro or low dose bcp

low dose bcp a little scary because of my advanced age..LOL and spiro as Ive been reading about hair loss/fatigue/substantial weight gain...not one thing its another

Funny to how all the rx that I keep wasting $$ on need to be approved by my insurance (takes weeks) because of my advanced age..like tis impossible im still breaking out

sorry for the vent and novel about my history..maybe some others can relate

So seeing a new derm that came highly highly rec next week

we shall see

GOOD LUCK to you!

fingers crossed

Kim

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 03/31/2014 10:18 pm

my skin reacted pretty positively to spiro! i was on 25mg for about two months before i ran out and now im waiting to get my potassium checked so my derm can prescribe more. im also using retin-a and aczone, which are keeping my pimples at bay for the most part, but its definitely not as good as it was with the spiro.

^ as for the fatigue and weight gain, i didnt notice any changes in those areas for me. but everyones different, right? at least weight gain isnt super serious so you can always try to control that to some extent. i was more worried about the possible hair loss but i started taking biotin around the same time i started spiro and i must say my hair's been looking pretty luscious.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/01/2014 10:37 am

my skin reacted pretty positively to spiro! i was on 25mg for about two months before i ran out and now im waiting to get my potassium checked so my derm can prescribe more. im also using retin-a and aczone, which are keeping my pimples at bay for the most part, but its definitely not as good as it was with the spiro.

^ as for the fatigue and weight gain, i didnt notice any changes in those areas for me. but everyones different, right? at least weight gain isnt super serious so you can always try to control that to some extent. i was more worried about the possible hair loss but i started taking biotin around the same time i started spiro and i must say my hair's been looking pretty luscious.

thanks for info

fatigue and hair loss scare me most...my hair has been bad sonce some thyroid issues years ago (afraid of biotin as I was told avoid it..everything can cause breakouts!!)

Glad 25mg is working..seems like a low dose

I was thinking of asking derm about aczone

Ive never used it and it has never been rec to me

do u use it all over..I really want something preventative not just spot treating..ya know?

glad u found something that works so well for you!

Kim

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/01/2014 12:00 pm

Hey ladies. I've not experience much fatigue outside of the first few weeks of taking it. I do agree 25 mg is a low dose, but many women to clear on Yasmin which has about that amount of Spiro in it in addition to other hormones. Hairloss is not something I've heard much of either, at higher doses it actually helps hair on the head, but stops or slows growth on unwanted place for women, face/chin etc.

thanks for info

fatigue and hair loss scare me most...my hair has been bad sonce some thyroid issues years ago (afraid of biotin as I was told avoid it..everything can cause breakouts!!)

do u use it all over..I really want something preventative not just spot treating..ya know?

Kim

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/01/2014 2:39 pm

Update:

spoke to my derm today and rec aczone am (before trying low dose bcp or spiro..than it sounded like she recs bcp and spiro together..id ont wnt to take 2 meds if I dont have to?)

also said start bcp first and may not need spiro but not against doing both

retin-a pm

but still hoping can control with topicals

My skin is soooooo dry

just had a bad reaction to aloe and elta md

any light lotions that wont cause breakouts or clogged pores?

Thanks all

Kim

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 04/01/2014 4:34 pm

hanks for info

Kim

yeah 25mg is supposed to be the starting dose but since it worked so well for me i might only go up to 50mg.

aczone is supposed to help with inflammation, you can use it all over but it was so expensive i use it pretty sparingly in my problem areas and usually just use it as a spot treatment. i dont rememeber how much it was since my parents paid but out of my spiro, retin-a and aczone, aczone was significantly more expensive than the other two.

i cant say i feel that aczone does much for prevention. its probably different since i dont always use it all over, but in my opinion acne is a symptom of somthing more internal and topicals dont really get to the root of the issue

Update:

spoke to my derm today and rec aczone am (before trying low dose bcp or spiro..than it sounded like she recs bcp and spiro together..id ont wnt to take 2 meds if I dont have to?)

also said start bcp first and may not need spiro but not against doing both

retin-a pm

but still hoping can control with topicals

My skin is soooooo dry

just had a bad reaction to aloe and elta md

any light lotions that wont cause breakouts or clogged pores?

Thanks all

Kim

this might sound weird but ive been using extra virgin cold pressed avocado oil as a moisturizer! ive tried going back to regular moisturizers but its still pretty chilly where im going to school and my skin just wont have it with those drugstore moisturizers. coconut oil is also good

if youre interested you can watch this video, its how i got started on the oil-as-a-moisturizer thing. she puts a loooot of emphasis on the holistic lifestlye and going organic with everything and i know nobody really has time for that but i think she makes some good points on skincare in general :)

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/01/2014 4:52 pm

Hey ladies. I've not experience much fatigue outside of the first few weeks of taking it. I do agree 25 mg is a low dose, but many women to clear on Yasmin which has about that amount of Spiro in it in addition to other hormones. Hairloss is not something I've heard much of either, at higher doses it actually helps hair on the head, but stops or slows growth on unwanted place for women, face/chin etc.

thanks for info

Kim

Had my first migraine in about a year. Not sure what the cause was, use to have these as a teenager and would be due to stress, caffeine, hormones. It definitely was not as bad as the ones I use to get, the aura lasted only about 20 minutes and then took a nap for 2 hours and it's pretty much gone. They use to debilitate me for a day or so. Makes me feel better to know they are at least manageable. As far as my skin, I did the peel on Sunday night so just have some minor purging of the stubborn clogs, I did some extractions (bad I know) but it's either me or weeks and weeks or they get inflammed. I try to be super careful, just can't wait for this to be over. I only have a few left on each cheek and on each side of my lower jaw/chin. These last buggers are annoying the crap out of me. If it weren't for them hanging around I would be clear and able to start working on my PIH. Hoping they are gone in the next week!

so sorry to hear about your migraine ..feel better

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/03/2014 11:40 am

Went to the endo today and what I got out of it was an increased Rx of Spiro, so I will be taking 75mg in conjunction with yasmin. Going back in next week for an ultrasound to look at my ovaries. My derm had been the one who prescribed me spiro so I asked if they could manage this instead, chances will be much greater that they continue me on the med since they have a deep understanding of it. The dr said she usually prescibes 200mg for acne and that unless I come off Yamin. Honesly I don't want to deal with anymore craziness.

I actually started taking 75mg on Monday my inactive pill week, I got my period today and a swollen spot on my neck. Not sure if it is due to the increase, but I'd rather have a few spots and really have the right dose and cut back some of this oil a bit more. Only time will tell what happens next, I feel like I would be clear from the current clogs on my face in about 2-3 weeks so if I get a new breakout hopefully its not clogs, just right to the surface. Clogs hang around WAY to long. I have a good exfoliation process so seriously hope that everything continues to go well. She advised me to come off the pregnenalone as that can actually have an androgenic affect, GREAT could have set myself back these past few weeks. So heres to more Spiro, less androgens and less acne. Clarity by my vacation end of April is a MUST ;) wishing you all success today on your spiro journeys.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/03/2014 9:27 pm

Went to the endo today and what I got out of it was an increased Rx of Spiro, so I will be taking 75mg in conjunction with yasmin. Going back in next week for an ultrasound to look at my ovaries. My derm had been the one who prescribed me spiro so I asked if they could manage this instead, chances will be much greater that they continue me on the med since they have a deep understanding of it. The dr said she usually prescibes 200mg for acne and that unless I come off Yamin. Honesly I don't want to deal with anymore craziness.

I actually started taking 75mg on Monday my inactive pill week, I got my period today and a swollen spot on my neck. Not sure if it is due to the increase, but I'd rather have a few spots and really have the right dose and cut back some of this oil a bit more. Only time will tell what happens next, I feel like I would be clear from the current clogs on my face in about 2-3 weeks so if I get a new breakout hopefully its not clogs, just right to the surface. Clogs hang around WAY to long. I have a good exfoliation process so seriously hope that everything continues to go well. She advised me to come off the pregnenalone as that can actually have an androgenic affect, GREAT could have set myself back these past few weeks. So heres to more Spiro, less androgens and less acne. Clarity by my vacation end of April is a MUST wishing you all success today on your spiro journeys.

Gl with the increased spiro!

Hopefully no nasty side effects

I got my rx for aczone but Im afraid to use it...had such a bad 5-6 weeks...

Taking 100mg moxy daily

2.5% BP am

retin-a pm

and *knock on wood* everything has been quiet and scars from acanya nightmare diminishing

BUT need to get off oral antibiotics so...the need for aczone

IDK bp might do the trick? thought the derm hates that I use bp all over my face (she cringes..but if it works..so what?)

My skin is dry but IDK what to do as aloe and elta md were busts

Funny also bought the same MUA peel (mande-somehting one..LOL)

but afraid after your post it will cause more breakuts..just want to fade old breakouts and scars..maybe got the wrong peel

anyhoooooo

still checking in our your updates and wishing you the best!

Kim

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/05/2014 8:23 am

Hey Kimber, I decided to do the 15% Salicylic and 15% Mandelic acid peel last night and boy I am SOOOO happy that I did. I used the PH prep that it came with after gentle washing, left it on for about 3 1/2 minutes, it definitely stung. Wow, it dried up and flattened out all the trouble areas/clogs I had. I def think there will be some light peeling in a few days which is great. Today I'm more dry, less red and smoother and hoping the progress continues. I will most likely start rotating in the Lactic acid 40% peel since my breakouts are under control. I just need to fade and smooth now.

Taking 100mg moxy daily

2.5% BP am

retin-a pm

and *knock on wood* everything has been quiet and scars from acanya nightmare diminishing

IDK bp might do the trick? thought the derm hates that I use bp all over my face (she cringes..but if it works..so what?)

but afraid after your post it will cause more breakuts..just want to fade old breakouts and scars..maybe got the wrong peel

anyhoooooo

Kim

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/05/2014 8:40 am

Hey Kimber, I decided to do the 15% Salicylic and 15% Mandelic acid peel last night and boy I am SOOOO happy that I did. I used the PH prep that it came with after gentle washing, left it on for about 3 1/2 minutes, it definitely stung. Wow, it dried up and flattened out all the trouble areas/clogs I had. I def think there will be some light peeling in a few days which is great. Today I'm more dry, less red and smoother and hoping the progress continues. I will most likely start rotating in the Lactic acid 40% peel since my breakouts are under control. I just need to fade and smooth now.

Taking 100mg moxy daily

2.5% BP am

retin-a pm

anyhoooooo

Kim

Today is day 6 of the increased dose. The only thing I am nervous about is that I started it my inactive week of my pills so when I take my pill monday that will really be the start of a true increaes. I mean the months before I wouldn't have the increase during the inactive, but who knows. I am still on doxy so if there is any flare up it should help subside in addition to the peels I think I can head off anything by keeping my pores really clear now. I stopped the pregnenolone today as well as the endo said that actually can be slightly androgenic. I knew that going into it, but I'd rather take out any extra chances of making things worse. Happy to also have a normal period this month. It's been about 3+ months on this combo, so I think my body is finally adjusting. I just continue to pray and have faith that I will continue down this path of progress. I am so happy that I began spiro, it has truly been a personal hell these past months, but I believe that the outcome and my goal is worth this fight and challenge. Just as anything in life. I have continued to be humbled by this process and thankful to continue to meet amazing women inspiring, supporting and being there for eachother. Feeling thankful and blessed today and ready to take on whatever challenge is in store. xo

GREAT NEWS!!

Havent started aczone yet and waiting for my mandelic peel.

My skin hates sal acid..always breaks me out (purging or whatever, but i avoid)

My skin is tough so I usually go all out but going to do the mandelic peel as instructed and take slow to fade acne scars/marks but prevent my skin from freaking out!

GL

continued success and have a great weekend!!!!

Kim

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/09/2014 8:09 am

It's been a little over a week since increasing my dose to 75mg plus Yasmin. I started the increase the week of my inactive pills, so added Yasmin back on Monday night. I did have a migraine last Tuesday and a constant headache up until the following Monday night. I've just been extra conscious about drinking more water, I mean I tend to put back 3-5 liters a day anyways. Constantly in the bathroom. I also stopped the Prenenolone and finished the last day of my liver detox last Friday. My face has been clearing up nicely with the peels. I have less and less clogged pores and my PIH is therefore fading. I'm a little dry today and rougher looking from the last peel I did 4 days ago. Think I will do the Mandelic again this weekend at some point, then will start the Lactic and the Fade peels consistently to continue to work on the marks. I did start my blue light/red light back about a week or two ago. 10 min blue then 5 min red in the morning after washing my face before topicals. Anything to help with fading marks that won't dry me out or irritate is worth it.

I've also been slowly incorporating fitness back into my daily routine. I have been so scarred from my recent experience of training that through me into this tail spin. I've been getting outside for a walk everyday 20-30 minutes, teaching a Barre class once a week and slowly starting some strength training back in. Still planning to be gentle, but I really miss being active. I can't wait to get back to yoga classes and feeling confident in my skin to just be without concealer. I don't wear much makeup at all, but I do feel the need to try and hide my red marks and I am grateful for the day when I can wash my face and step outside without anything. I gave up hiding under my mask years ago as it really only made my skin and skin tone so much worse. I did order some mineral powder to help me get through these very busy few weeks socially. I still have insecurity with people up close in public, I don't have any current outbreak, but the marks and the healing areas still have me self aware. I do feel like I am getting back to my old self a bit. Watched a beautiful video this morning from Pema Chodron. She talked about facing your fears and how you can work on this by noticing them, being aware of them and also being gentle to yourself. Being gentle about your fears, practice being gentle overall to your self and to others. She said you need to define what being gentle is and how you can stop having aggression towards yourself. In this instance I can say that allowing myself to heal and allowing myself to be sad when I needed to and not pressuring myself to be somewhere or someone I am not or can not be at the moment is being gentle.

To anyone that may read this, I hope you are gentle to yourself today. Love who you are despite the exterior as you have so much to offer this world wether you know it or not. xo

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/10/2014 8:08 am

Had a few spots show up on my jawline, smaller than normal, not really inflammed and only one right now is slightly sore. Hoping this is the last of these little breakouts and from the increased dose last week. Continuing to look forward and be positive as the trend continues onward. I purchased a new book yesterday called the Gift of Imperfections and I hope that this helps me accept my flaws and understand their place in my life. This journey has been a challenging one on all levels, but the person that it is molding me into is someone that I like. I feel calmer, more accepting, less rushed, more focused. While this affected my confidence and my self esteem in many ways it also affected my confidence that I am a driven and determined person. I will not stop when I have a goal in mind. This goal was to get control over my hormones, find out the real issue causing the problems and working towards a long term healing solution. It has taken me 3+ months to have some clarity on Sprio and yasmin, but as much as the hell sucked it was worth it so far. I look forward to coninuous improvements and healing of my figurative and literal scars/imperfections.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/15/2014 10:23 am

It's been just over two weeks on the increased dose, I did have a slight breakout last week from the dose around my jawline area/neck. Nothing like the first one and things have subsided. I just did the MUAC 15% Salicylic/15% Mandelic peel again last night and really really am loving it. It smooths my skin and helps dry out any clogged pores. The headaches have stopped so far, things are going well on this new dose and continuing to remain positive. It's about 15 weeks and things are looking up and have been for the last few weeks. I plan to do this peel one more time then work on the Lactic/Fade Peel to really kick my PIH in the but. That's my focus now and to keep my skin and pores clear. Exfoliation is mandatory especially since I decided against Retin A. Keep on trucking everyone!!

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/21/2014 9:56 am

Been about 3 weeks since the increased dose and just the last week I have noticed a dramatic decrease in oil production. I can go hours and hours now with just minor blotting. I look hydrated and not greasy. Things have been consistent, been thinking about my skin much less and finally feeling normal once again. I've got maybe 2-3 clogged pores left on each side of my face, no one can see them, they are the size of like a tiny dot. Been drying them up with 15%mandelic 15% salicylic peels from MUAC. Went out of the house several times this week with not one spot of makeup. Been getting a little bit of sun so have a nice tan. Next is to start the fade peel from MUAC to help with minor PIH left over. I will continue to use Mandelic as I love what it does for my skin.

I've been indulging in eating and drinking a bit more and it's been nice to not feel so restricted or concerned over every single thing I put into my body. I did stay away from chocolate all Easter, not wanting to tempt the gods too much ;) I am so grateful for this medicine, I am so grateful for everyone here and finding a treatment that has given me my life and my confidence back. I can't even put into words how thankful I am that I had you women on here to help me stick this out. I wanted to give up many times, I had tears and many nights hiding away. I hope to give back or help one person through this difficult time to even try and repay the universe. So if you are reading this and having a tough time, please please please know that there is hope.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/27/2014 6:21 pm

Funny how I use to count the days and now I don't even pay attention. I have been reflecting a lot on the journey that I have been through the last 4 months and I feel like so much of my life and time was wasted caring so much and being so miserable. It was something I had to go through to get to where I am now. I am content, my face is pretty much clear. I only have minor tiny clogged pores every once and I while I either clear with a peel or exfoliate away. I have had consistent clear face since after upping to 75mg Spiro and that small breakout. I am going to skip my period this month and take my next pack and no actives. The progress is great, I want to keep it up. I have noticed my cup size has increased dramatically, they are super sore and I have gained a few lbs. It may be due to changing my eating habits a bit, but also attribute it to the new level of hormones. In 1 week I am going to start weaning off doxy slowly until completely off. Probably will do it over 6 weeks. I will document progress here. I have been using peels on a weekly basis to keep exfoliation and even out skin tone. I have tons of freckles and a bit of melsama from the sun, so would be nice if that faded a bit too. I don't wear makeup, just a few dabs of concealer on my eyes and a few red areas that are taking a looooong time to fade. I have lactic 55% that I may try next or the fade peel. Overall my self esteem is slowly healing and I am trusting that I am on a great treatment that is working. I was so afraid for so long, I am not letting fear take hold any longer. Enjoying all life has and looking forward to the continued clearing and my skin getting better and better!

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 04/30/2014 5:58 pm

That's great to hear!!!! So happy for you and your progress :) I am in the clear stages as well and believe me it does feel nice! I haven't taken a Minocycline pill in 3 weeks now which is unbelievable !!!! I noticed I don't have as much oily skin either, not sure if that's due to my new bc but what ever it is I'm not complaining lol Hopefully we can now focus on other things in life besides acne :)

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 05/08/2014 8:21 pm

It's been a bit since I've posted, so thought I would come back and share. My skin has really been a gift. Thank goodness is turned around the way it did as I had a complete upheaval in my life, recently laid off and had to start interviewing, got a contract job right away and starting a permanent one next week. Having clear skin and confidence back for that, I can't even begin to thank the Lord for listening to all of my prayers.

My oil production has been completely reduced, I have a healthy glow and that is it. I can go for hours without any real increase, just dewy at the end of the day. I still am using the mandelic peels to keep my pores clear, it helps with just getting rid of dry or any potential clogged pore. If I even have a clogged pore, it's easily extracted and nothing comes of it. Did have one bump on my hairline last week, from getting my haircut and the product that the use. I didn't wash my hair for two days, so expected something, but that was it.

Weaning off of doxy, taking 1 less every other day. Taking oregano oil on those days to try and also help my tummy bounce back. I will then try 1 less for two days in a row, etc then 3 days in a row until I am at 1 a day and then every other day. I just don't want tummy or other rebound issues so would rather take sweet time to slowly wean. Thankful beyond words. Have been freer with my diet as well and so far so good. Spiro is truly truly been a miracle. It was worth the torture of those 3months and appreciate all of the support I continued to receive. Love to you all on your journey!!

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 05/14/2014 7:22 pm

Things are still going really well, my skin is looking better and better each week. I've started weaning even further on the doxy and hope by next week to be at only 1 every day and then the week or so after 1 every other day. Still using my mandelic peel and started the lactic 55% on my freckles and sunspots. My tone looks pretty darn good overall so will continue my routine. Beyond thankful everyday that things have improved so greatly way better than I could have imagined!

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 06/20/2014 4:43 pm

So it's been a good month since I have been on here, and almost 6 months on Spiro. Currently at 75 mg along with Yasmin. I am completely weaned off of the doxy and no side effects. My stomach is doing well, I've been revamping myself with a good probiotic and sticking with a clean enough diet. I have added a bit of caffeine into my life, very limited and no longer afraid to eat gluten or dairy. I had my first period last week in 3-4 months and it was killer, but I survived. I only had two tiny little clogs and 1 spot on my neck. I am doing peels every week and so that along with my period may have caused that. My skin is great right now, I keep a good routine and no longer worry about it. working on fading my sunspots and freckles. My hyperpigmentation is long gone. Overall I am so very happy with my decision to go on Spiro. It was a long hard road, I stuck with it through some of the worst times and survived. If you are reading this and you are anxious, sad or wondering what to do. If you have hormonal acne or PCOS, this is a life saver.