Notifications
Clear all

Using Clarisonic Whilst On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@sblair)

Posted : 11/12/2013 1:17 pm

I'm about to start Accutane and wanted to know if you use the clarisonic whilst taking Accutane?

My Derm told me not to do any kind of exfoliation during my treatment, but not sure if the clarisonic counts?

It really helps clear my skin and keep blocked pores away and I don't really want to stop using it but if it's necessary then obviously I will!

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@anniel11)

Posted : 11/14/2013 3:47 am

Hey! I personally wouldn't recommend it-- I tried using my Clarisonic about a month into Accutane, and it made my face REALLY red and irritated. It was actually painful, and I used the "sensitive skin" brush. I thought it would be fine because my skin wasn't even that dry at that point--I'd only been taking 20 mg a day. I still use the Clarisonic from time to time on my body without too many negative consequences (maybe a little itchier than normal), but that skin is much tougher.

To exfoliate my face (mostly just to get rid of flakes now that it's dry), I started using this product called Cure Natural Aqua Gel-- it isn't a scrub, but it reacts with your skin and makes all the dead skin cells ball up so you can rinse them off. It's a little pricy, and sounds crazy, but it actually works! I use it on my lips too, which helps some with the chapping/flaking confused.gif Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Natural-Aqua-Gel-250ml/dp/B001ABLKK2

MemberMember
(@sblair)

Posted : 11/14/2013 4:55 pm

Thank you so much! Will try the gel instead:)