Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Battle... Recommendations? (Long Read)

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 10/17/2013 7:53 pm

I have Posted this in the reviews for this website. I would also like some feedback and recommendations from you guys. (: Thank you!

First, I want to share my background.

I have never had a problem with acne. I have always had very smooth clear skin, with an occasional outbreak. I started washing with proactive in 2006 when I was 18 for prevention of those minor outbreaks (I don't recommend this because it destroys your skins natural barrier). Two years ago, in 2011, I started getting a cystic pimple every couple months, that I would handle by getting a cortisone injection. Not a big problem. Then Last year, in May 2012, I got my mirena birth control removed.

I had an AWFUL outbreak. Huge pimples that wouldn't go away. One swelled up after it popped when I washed my face.. it was half the size of my forhead. I had cystic pimples, surface pimples, and clogged pores. My dermatologist put me on Doxy, spirolactone, and retin-A. After a few months, and a couple deep cleansing facials, my skin was clear... but I still had scars. In August, I decided to stop using Retin-A because my skin was still red. I started using Pro-Active again, and continued taking Doxy and Spiro. My scars went away in less then a month, and I had completely clear beautiful skin for about 6 months.

In February, 2013, my skin started looking red and a little oily. By April, I started getting minor clogged pores that would go away fairly quickly, and I started getting cystic pimples every once in a while.

I decided to stop washing with Pro-Active In june because I found out that it can cause oily skin. I also stopped taking doxy because it wasn't preventing acne anymore. I started using Jojoba oil to cleanse, but this only lasted a month because it was cause tiny little white heads to surface all over my face. I started using Cerave to cleanse. It doesn't create acne on my face. I did have clogged pores on my chin and forehead from the Jojoba oil. They are skin colored tiny bumps. I had a similar reaction years ago. I've now learned that it just doesn't agree with me.

By August, I was getting more and more cystic pimples. Usually only one at a time, but when one would go away, another would appear. My dermatologist prescribed me Klarons. This did nothing for my skin. The cystic pimples kept coming and the clogged pores stayed where they were. I used it for over a month before I stopped.

In September I decided to risk using Proactive again. It did nothing. It didn't make it worse or better. My skin was still pink, still a little oily, still had the clogged pores, and I was still getting those dang cystic pimples.

This is when the Dermatologist prescribed me Ziana........

On September 25, 2013 I started using Ziana, and also had a bad cystic pimple injected.

First week: (9/25)

peeling.

Red face.

surface acne and scars start to go away.

No change to clogged pores.

Cystic on on left side of nose goes down but still under the surface.

Second week: (10/2)

less peeling.

Red face.

Scars fading very quickly.

No change to clogged pores.

Cystic on on left side of nose starts coming back... Two heads.

Cystic appears on right side of nose.

Third week: (10/9)

(Stopped spirolacton on 10/11)

New Small pimples show up but come to a head and go away quickly with in a couple days.

Oily skin.

Less peeling.

Red face.

Old scars almost gone.

New scars fade quick.

Both cystic pimples still present but no pain.

One deep clogged pore is gone after popping it, but 8 remain.

Forth week: (10/16)

Tiny amount of peeling.

Red face.

Oily skin.

Old scars almost gone.

New scars still fade quick.

Both cystic pimples still present, the one on right is forming a white head.

Deep clogged pores still there.

I'm getting the two cystics injected tomorrow and I will be back to update how this week goes.

I have my fingers crossed...

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 10/19/2013 2:13 pm

I am curious how things went after your appointment on Thursday? I feel like our stories are fairly similar. Did you get back on birth control? I know you said you had the mirena removed, did you get back on anything?

MemberMember
(@niknakpadiwak)

Posted : 02/22/2014 12:04 am

Well, Ziana was a bust. I stopped keeping track of my progress because everything started progressively getting worse. I'm not sure if it was because I went off of spirilactone, or because I started trying to cleanse my body. One positive thing: my clogged pores around mouth and chin are basicically gone. They would turn into infected cystic pimples, then would clear up. The last one is starting to heal finally. Other then that, Ziana didn't help the oil, outbreaks, and made me vey red.

I stopped using the spirilactone 4 months ago.

I started taking digestive enzymes and probiotics two months ago. Ive been having digestion problems. Weirdly enough, the digestive enzymes made me bloated 247. I stopped taking them, but kept taking the probiotics, 3 weeks ago. Bloating has gone down conciderably.

I finally stopped the Ziana 1 month ago.

I only wash my face with cervue. 1-2 times a day.

2 months ago, after I started the digestive enzymes and probiotics. I started getting little white pimples around my nose. Tiny little ones. I also started getting clogged pores on my temples. My skin is super oily most of the time, but every once in a while, my skin will be balanced, for a day or two.

The pimples On my temples spread into rash like acne across my forehead 1 month ago. It went away in about a week. Then came back. Then went away, and is now coming back again. They aren't painful pimples. Now the pimples on my temples are painful and red/:

I stopped using anythin besides water on my face three days ago. I kind of gave up. My face hasn't gotten better or worse yet. the first couple of days the oil seemed to go down, but today, it is back.

Could this be hormone related? From stopping the spirolactone 4 months ago? I have a feeling this probiotic may be causing some of these problems... But why? They are supposed to help... Is it candida? Idk. My skin has never ever acted this way. I've never had tiny little white head pimples. I've never had a rash of acne before. /: the white heads are all around my nose. Mostly in the creases, some times on my cheeks and below nose. But always confined to that area.... What is that about? And the rash of pimples stays on my forehead. How can I fix this?

I eat healthy. Stay away from dairy. Stay always from gluten. Low sugar. Lots of veggies and fiber. Chicken.

I run everyday outdoors.

Idk.

Sorry about typos. Posting from phone.