Notifications
Clear all

Differin Causing Breakouts?

MemberMember
(@ceeshaw)

Posted : 07/09/2013 7:10 pm

So about two and a half weeks ago, I went to my doctor for my face. Since late April, I've been breaking out HORRIBLY, which is completely whack since my skin had been flawless for a good three years after I had started on Minocycline, and still am on it. I was not premenstrual when the first worse breakout happened at this point, and when I am premenstrual, I get one or two whiteheads, but these were full blown red pustules. The breakouts didn't stop and got worse. I ended up coming off birth control since I figured maybe it was having a negative reaction with my hormones (and I had gained a ton of weight since being on it, all which I lost after coming off of it). Of course, the breakouts didn't stop. So finally, the last week of June I went to my doctor after two months of being fed up with my out of control skin, which has now blemished my normally super clear face. She prescribed Differin 0.1% cream, and I've been on it for two and a half weeks now, and my skin is not only getting pustules, but big red-surrounded whiteheads!! Luckily, only on my chin and I have two right above my lip, but still, my skin is horribly red and painful! To top it off, I am a very fair individual, so the red pigment is even more noticeable on my chin. If anyone can reassure me that the differin will work soon, and I mean SOON, please let me know.

If I should change anything in my regimen and makeup routine, here it is: Spectro Gel Cleanser, used twice daily; St.Ives Apricot scrub, used 2 times a week; Dermaglow Glycolic 10% peel, used 2 times a week; Clean and Clear Oil Free moisturizer, used twice daily; Differin 0.1% cream, used at night; Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner, used 1-2 times daily; BenzaGel 5% gel, used only when I have a large pimple and differin as per usual hasn't done anything for it. Makeup: MAC select oil free concealer, used daily; Clinique oil free translucent powder, used daily; Covergirl eyebrow liner, used daily; L'Oreal Mascara, used daily. I know I shouldn't be wearing makeup if I have acne, but I really do try to limit it, but I don't want to go out looking like a fool, and the powder feels needed since my skin is oily. Thank you for taking time to read this, and if you have anything to tell me PLEASE DO SO.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 07/09/2013 10:30 pm

Im on differin but .03 not .01 Ive used .01 before for several months but was never completely clear. I think the .03 works better. It just takes time.. Atleast 3 months to see good improvement.