Notifications
Clear all

What Are These Pimples?!

MemberMember
(@dshacker1921)

Posted : 06/09/2013 2:08 pm

Ok, this is my first post on here, very excited about joining this site! So I am going to try and explain a problem of mine on here as best as I can, if it gets long I am sorry! Hopefully someone can relate or know what I am talking about

So I have these pimples on my chin that when looking at, you cant really see anything or maybe a little red and cant feel much of a bump. But when I push my tongue up against them from the inside of my mouth it appears there is a ball of white puss there and you can feel the bump. And of course eventually they seem to get in-flammed and become what I think is a cyst.

The thing is after a long process and wait for them to go away, they will fade but that white ball of puss will still be there when I push my tongue and stretch the skin, waiting to get in-flamed again. Now I dont know what these are, are they a nodule? are they a closed comedone? are they just a cyst? there are so many possible options I have read up on, but they seem to have been there forever!

I am wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about and some ways to treat and get rid of them? they seem to have me constantly paranoid and worried

As well I am also on my 8th week of 40mg a day of Accutane. Has anyone seen results with these pimples while on it?? It seems every pimple I get now is one of these

Again sorry being long but any help or knowledge would be extremely appreciated! This constant worry over my skin really takes a toll on a guy.

Thanks everyone!

PS posted a pic of skin stretched

post-210568-0-78902100-1370804878_thumb.

post-210568-0-78902100-1370804878_thumb.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 06/09/2013 2:44 pm

Didn't you already post this?

In the picture they look like cysts to me, cysts are deep in the skin but usually have some sort of pus inside whereas a nodule won't have this and just feel like a hard lump under the skin.

Your dermatologist could inject them with cortisone but I'm weary of those causing atrophys. You'd have to consult with your dermatologist on what you can apply topically while on accutane.

MemberMember
(@dshacker1921)

Posted : 06/09/2013 10:30 pm

ya i did a few times sorry. I am just constantly worried about these and no one has seemed to help or answer my posts..