Notifications
Clear all

Is It A Bad Idea To Come Off Accutane 2 Weeks Early?

MemberMember
(@steelaz)

Posted : 05/27/2013 6:21 pm

So I'm supposed to be on for 6 months (had severe acne) and I'm currently at 80mg. At my last appointment my dermatologist told me to just finish what I have. I currently have 1 box left which is 30 pills/15 days so I'm debating whether to come off early or just stay on.

Its getting nicer out finally and I plan on being at the beach or outside almost everyday and I really don't want to deal with burning up.

I don't have any acne, just scars and red marks and I haven't broken out in forever. Will skipping the last 15 days effect the whole process at all?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/27/2013 6:37 pm

Just finish the rest. 2 weeks is nothing. Youve gone this far why quit now? Thats just my opinion though. I wouldnt want to have the thought of regret later down the road of what if I would have finished the final 2 week ect.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/27/2013 10:42 pm

If you want to quit now go for it. 2 weeks isn't going to make or break anything. Although quitting now and going out in the sun a week from now is still going to have horrible effects on your skin. It's going to take atleast a month for the sun sensitivity to let up. Honestly I would finish up the 2 weeks like the above poster said, you've done this much why not finish? It's just 2 more weeks. It would be a shame if you break out after your course and you have the nagging question. In the back of your head. Like god I wonder if I would have just taken those last pills would I still be clear? At least if you finish the course you know you've done all you can do. I mean there is a purpose to how much your doctor dosed you. So I'd finish them up. If your derm wanted you to stop now they would have said that. Since he or she recommended you finish up the pills you have, I'd just do that. But all and all it's up to you. I don't think stopping now would be harmful.