Notifications
Clear all

Done Accutane( Breakouts

MemberMember
(@matman)

Posted : 03/13/2013 6:40 pm

So i have done 5 month accutane treatment with 40mg, and my face was pretty clear, however after only 8 days, my face starts to breakout, i have over 10 pimples on my face now, how is that even possible? I thought the medication will stay in the body for at least a month.

Did this ever happen to you ?

MemberMember
(@matman)

Posted : 03/15/2013 8:53 pm

No one knows?

10 days after accutane 10 damn days and my face has broken out, that's hilarious!

I was clearneutral.gif

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 03/17/2013 7:13 am

I found that when I came of Accutane it was easier to work out what actually broke me out as my skin had been clear so it was easier to notice- if that makes sense.

Maybe have a think about what you've eaten and see if cutting it out works? You could also go to your Dr for a topical.

The idea that accutane stays in your body for a month I think is based on it's half life, but if your liver or body has metabolised it thats irrelevant, its more if it stores it, which it might not do if you dont eat enough fat for it to bind with, or your body doesnt have a habit of that sort of thing.

I wouldnt panic, I guess it must feel like you went through it all for nothing, but you definitely didnt! I bet your skin is still better than it was.

MemberMember
(@matman)

Posted : 03/17/2013 9:36 am

Thank for the reply.

i can conclude that my diet has nothing to do with my acne, because i did a lot of testing before accutane, and nothing made my acne worse or better.

However my face is getting better know, which i think is because i haven't washed my face with cleansers for the last 3 days, i only wash my face with water and let my skin air dry, which is probably the reason why my face is getting better.

Skin is a little bit flaky, but its better. rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/17/2013 3:32 pm

This is very odd I'm on the same dosage but I'm on it for 9 months I was on 20mg for one month too so all together 10 months on Accutane

Talk to your derm I got told by mine for Accutane to work fully for a dosage depending on the severity for 40mg its usually 9 months but if its 80mg it halves it depending on the severity of the acne

I think talk to your derm 5 months is way too short!

MemberMember
(@matman)

Posted : 03/17/2013 4:45 pm

Yea but that is to late now, need to take it all over again.

And i can't talk to my derm there is over 1 months of waiting time.

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/17/2013 4:49 pm

Oh you're in the USA right?Maybe talk to your doctor and see if the give you something like Zineryt and wait a month

In England if its all self funding I can get an appointment with my derm within a week

But I know USA Is different but I mean it may be worth the wait and maybe see a different derm if you can! Take it up with them I noticed a few people only being on Accutane for 5 months etc I don't understand I mean I know people who have taken Accutane etc so that seems so rare in England unless they're on 80mg but even then they're on it for 7 months! So its very strange I guess well to me

It will be worth the wait in all honesty

I don't know how your doctors there feel about demanding but if I demand enough to a doctor and say what YOU personally want they give it to you as long its not overly dangerous of course

Just had to add my derm gave me Epiduo gel which contains a retinoid! Try seeing if your normal doctor can prescribe that in the mean time! I mean it works pretty good!

Also which will help your face is ask for hibiscrub here we can purchase it off the shelves in the pharmacy but USA may be different and need prescription check it out! My derm told me to wash my face with it, it helped a lot

MemberMember
(@matman)

Posted : 03/17/2013 5:05 pm

Actually i live in denmark, which is in europe (=

The normal cycle here in denmark is 5-6 months with 40mg to 60mg

But i was prescribed something called clindoxyl, which i only use on my forehead, because its were i breakout.

MemberMember
(@dumdedum)

Posted : 03/17/2013 5:10 pm

Oh so do you guys have private or like a free health service where you get referred to the derm?

well speak to your doctor ask about epiduo gel and get them to prescribe that and go back on the waiting list maybe

I mean in England no way would a derm take someone off accutane whos on 40mg after 6 months a minimum of 9!

Its weird because for accutane to take full effect a 40mg 6 months is not the way to go at all its not long enough for it to take a long enough effect same for 60mg tbeh if they put you to 80mg and said 5 months yes it will work but 40mg no way well previous experience and family experience

I'd say go back or try a second course ask to do it for longer

I seriously do recommend Epiduo gel and Hibiscrub check your pharmacy shelves or ask your doctor if its under a different name which it most liekly will be ask for the stuff that surgeons wash their hands in the pink liquid but trust me its very good for acne kills all the bacteria as its obvious as used by surgeons but it is good with acne and helped mine quite a bit!

Clindoxyl doesn't contain a retinoid I don't think so Epiduo gel is a lot more likely to work well as it contains a retinoid