Notifications
Clear all

Differin Now Gp Advised Changing To Duac?

MemberMember
(@cccaig)

Posted : 02/06/2013 4:07 pm

Hi guys

What are your thoughts on this?

Started Differin and tetracycline(sp?) and after 4 months my acne had depressingly worsened so I decided to start the pill Yasmin as well. I was pretty sure my acne was hormonal related. After a month skin was much less oily but skin was drying up so I stopped the tetracycline (I think I had read on here you only needed the antibiotic for 3 months anyway just to help with the IB of differin). This helped the dryness and 3 months after being on Yasmin skin was clear! Just before having my time of the month I got a few spots so hoping this will continue to improve in time.

SO.. today went to GP and said I was going to ask to change from differin to Duac (this had worked great in the past when acne came back after roaccuntane) BUT I was happy with progress on the Pill so was happy to stick with this and the differin. He then said- no it would be a good idea to change to the duac actually now not on the oral antibiotics...?? Really, why?? He didn't really say so I'm left confused whether I think I should continue with pill and differin and see how month 4 of being on the pill goes. Or to take pill and change to Duac???

What would u do? Any experiences?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/06/2013 5:58 pm

My motto is this: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If differin is working for you, keep using it. If after a few more months you want to switch to something else, do retin a or a similar retinoid. I don't believe duac turns over skin cells.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@sarsar123)

Posted : 02/16/2013 4:57 pm

I'm a bit confused but it sounds like he means use duac because it has an antibiotic in it and you don't take it orally anymore?