Dianette

MemberMember
(@aliciagx)

Posted : 01/09/2013 3:39 pm

I am 16 years old i have had mild acne from about the age of 12/13 i started off with them on my forehead and odd big ones on my cheecks, i went to the docotors and was giving benzoyl peroxide. I used this for about 2years which kept it under control and from going on holidays my skin was pretty clear and was just left with a few scars which i could deal with. Turning 15 it got worse it moved to my cheecks and scarred bad which took a long time to fade, i still have them now.

I found out they stopped selling benzoyl peroxide and rushed back to the doctors for something eles, they gave me zineryt solution and a gel, this also did help for a short period of time it kept it reasonabley undercontrol, the spots where something i could deal with even though they still got me down alot becasue all my friends have perfect skin! :(

Nearly 16 and started to get worse once again (still on my cheecks), i was going on holiday and was dreading having to worry about massive red spots standing out on my cheecks and wanted them to go down just abit before going, it was hard for the docotors to prescribe me something because you cant use cream or topical solutions on your face in the sun. But as i had tried near enough every cream and nothing worked the docotor decided i needed to try a antibiotic called tetracycline i was on this for atleast 3 months the docotor also gave me duac cream that is stored in the fridge, i used this for atleast 2 week before i went on holiday and they shrank. I did have break out on holiday just the odd few big ones, just looked worse becasue of all the scars aswell as they where still red. I came back off holiday my skin was the best it had being in ages i was happy i had a few scars that were easy enough to hide and didnt bother me atall, i was going out with very little makeup on my skin felt fresh, and i was happy and confident.

DISASTER!! Few weeks being back off holiday it was fine, i wasnt putting my cream on ( stupid of me ) so that my tan didnt fade. It came to me being 16 i had the few odd spots on my birthday i was putting my cream on by this time, but it seemed to get worse and worse!! This time was around my mouth and chin and up my cheecks, i have never had anything like this i was devasted i didnt no what to do i was putting my cream on i was trying everything, i found out my duac cream was out of date.

So i go back to the docotors explained what happend but they told me even though the cream was out of date i should not of had a break out as bad as it was because i was on the antibiotics, i was also getting a pain in my chest since i started taking them so they decided they werent agreeing with me, this is just this last christmas i started taking Dianette and i have finished my first month, i start back on friday as you need the 7day break for a period aswell, which i have not had one? my spots they where so bad and there was so much puss when i was off school we went for a emergancy appointment and the docotor gave me 4 antibioitc to take a day for a week aswell as me taking the pill, i was also applying the duac cream which drys them up. I was off for 2week and thankgod i was, i hardly went out the house i just wanted to make sure they where gone for when i got back to school so i plastered myself in cream even though it makes your skin sore becasue of the dryness, i went odd places but i couldnt wear makeup and was ashamed of myself i felt ugly i wanted to cry i did most of christmas.

Iv read that Dianette works, i cant wait for it to work properly on me. The only thing i am worried about is when i have to come off it, it would be great if there was even a few people that told me they never got spots when coming off, or if they even only got a few but never as bad or worse than what they where before??! I know i probably will be on Dianette for a few years yet and when my skins clear i will enjoy being confident and feeling good, but there will always be the worry of coming off..

The 2weeks off i tried benefit i spent alot of money but i got a good cleanser and exfoliater and would recommend it to anyone, the cleanser takes your makeup off brill and is very gentle with your skin and afterwards if you have a cream put it straight on as it gets into you skin better instead of letting grease build ontop before putting it on as it will not work as good. I dont use there moustriser as even though i think it is good it is very dear and i believe the moustriser i am using now for £14:99 is just as good as theres for £27.99. The moustriser i was using was Eucerin which is amazing for making your skin less red and controlling the oils but it was not oiley enough for me when i was using the duac cream so i tried another called Avene this is good! The women in boots also gave me 3 face mask cream which absorbs the dry skin, you are ment to whipe off but she said in mycase leave it on, it has helped alot.

It would also be great if someone could help me on what foods to eat, i have cut out yogurts and milk and now use soya milk which i now love!:)

post-194984-0-23442300-1357763886_thumb.

post-194984-0-36510700-1357763910_thumb.

post-194984-0-45772000-1357763940_thumb.

post-194984-0-23442300-1357763886_thumb.

post-194984-0-36510700-1357763910_thumb.

post-194984-0-45772000-1357763940_thumb.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/09/2013 8:15 pm

Why do you assume that you have to come off Dianette (in the near future)? Many women are on birth control until they hit menopause. When you hit menopause, many of the hormone imbalances that cause acne have leveled out.

Don't waste any more of your younger years worrying about the "what ifs". I would just try the Dianette and hopefully enjoy the clear skin.

MemberMember
(@aliciagx)

Posted : 01/10/2013 11:43 am

Why do you assume that you have to come off Dianette (in the near future)? Many women are on birth control until they hit menopause. When you hit menopause, many of the hormone imbalances that cause acne have leveled out.

Don't waste any more of your younger years worrying about the "what ifs". I would just try the Dianette and hopefully enjoy the clear skin.

Thankyou for your advice, the only reason i am worried is becasue i have read on most posts it can come back worse or just as bad when you come off. Hopefully this is not my case, but for the mean time im not going to worry and concentrate on clearing my skin 🙂

MemberMember
(@kaelivia)

Posted : 02/22/2013 8:21 am

Hi, I've just started Dianette and was wondering how you're getting on with it? Thanks! :-)

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 02/22/2013 8:56 am

Hey I wish you all the best with Diannette, I used to be on it for about 2 and a half years before coming off for personal reasons. I never experienced a worsening of my acne until a year and 8 month afterwards...last April. Since April last year if progrssively got worse, Im not trying to scare you off it btw I am just telling my wee experience :). So as it progressively got worse, I tried many things from the doctor just creams and such. But I recently stopped ALL prescripition meds and took on a more cheaper natural route. I now only use tea tree oil on spots and actually find this VERY benefical as a spot treatment - the only think is it is quite strong and I suppose the smell of it takes time to get used to.

Anyway, I really really understand your fears about coming off, this is why I decided to refuse the Dianette I got offered in November last year. I am now taking Spiro in the hopes it helps me out. The thing is I would not worry UNTIL the time comes, you may be fine and not experience worsening of acne when you come off you never know, everyone is totally different.

As for diet, you are still pretty young so I would never advocate anything toooo drastic for you. But what has helped me a little is eating more salads as opposed to sandwhiches for lunch and stuff (Ive actually given up bread for about 5 month and don't intend on eating it again). I would also maybe suggest to eat more vegetables instead of fruits, I notice when I eat too much fruit I can sometimes get a break-out from it....I think it is because of the higher sugar content. You could easily snack of cucumber/carrot/pepper sticks or any vegetable you like really. Check out the nutrition/holistic forum, there is some stickies about diets you could skim through and check out.

Im glad your finding the whole dairy-free thing fine, that's where I struggle..I HATE Soya!! But recently I found Almond Breeze in my local Tescos, and it is dairy free too and MUCH better than the Soya.

Anyway, good luck!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:02 am

Just wanted to share my experiences with Diane 35. When I was around 18 and my acne was at my worse, I was put on Diane 35, Spiro and Antibiotics all together. Spiro and Antibiotics for only 3 months, but I still do the Diane 35 until now. I remained clear for about 10 months. My acne came back though but it wasn't as bad as when I wasn't on the Diane.

I am on Dan's regimen now, and hopefully when I am all clear, I will try to go off the birth control. Hopefully I still stay clear. Fingers crossed.

Good luck!