Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane...2Nd Course?

MemberMember
(@hadis07)

Posted : 11/11/2012 10:17 pm

Hey everyone, I am a 21 year old female and I was on accutane about three years ago for five months because my face cleared up completely sooner that the expected about of 6 months. I did not experience an initial breakout and I have never had severe acne, I was put on it solely for the purpose that the ones I did have were painful on my face and back and nothing else had worked. I have tried antibiotics, 2 different topical treatments before going on accutane.

About one year after finishing off my five month course, I started to see my acne returning and it did not bother me as much because I was getting whiteheads and about one or two during that time of the month. And last year is when I saw that the acne was returning full force and I purchased the Acne.org regimen. Although the regimen worked at the beginning it has stopped working for about 6 months now and it only irritates my skin (by the way I use it religiously). And I have also previously used the clarisonic, didn't see a difference it the amount of breakouts. I now have large cystic acne on my face and again on my back.

Today, I made an appointment to see my family doctor to ask him to refer me to a dermatologist and get on a second course, because frankly nothing seems to work and I am tired of wasting my money, it seems like everything I put on my face including moisturizer breaks me out( and I do a lot of research before buying face products). And my skin is starting to scar very badly because of it.

Can anyone please tell me about their experience on accutane if they have done a second course. I am desperate!

MemberMember
(@taylor13)

Posted : 11/12/2012 2:29 am

helllllo. i am in the same boat as you. i took my first course of accutane back in 2009 and i was clear until this past June when my acne returned, not as bad as i used to have it, but enough to make me uncomfortable in my own skin again. i thought maybe it was just the weather or something and i gave it a few months to clear up on it's own, but it's just gotten worse so i went to my derm and i'm currently on my second course of accutane. it is only day 4 for me, but so far i'm already starting to get an IB.

MemberMember
(@ches888)

Posted : 11/12/2012 6:29 am

I am about to try my second course of Accutane by next month just to clear some nasty cystic acne on my chin. I just hope i wont experience an IB this time, although i never had an IB on my first course of Accutane.

MemberMember
(@hadis07)

Posted : 11/12/2012 11:02 pm

Sadly for me I have to see my doctor first and then have him refer me to a dermatologist since it has been more than a year since I got off of it :(

MemberMember
(@taylor13)

Posted : 11/13/2012 10:50 pm

Sadly for me I have to see my doctor first and then have him refer me to a dermatologist since it has been more than a year since I got off of it sad.png

ugh i'm sorry. i had to do the same thing a few months back. i got a referal from my primary doc to a derm and i went and started the iPledge thing and had to wait another month before i could finally get the prescription for my pills. it's such a pain in the assssss. but just try to be patient.