Notifications
Clear all

Blister On Leg. From Accutane?

MemberMember
(@cararich)

Posted : 10/05/2012 12:24 pm

I've been on accutane for almost exactly 2 months now. I'm an 18 year old female and weigh about 125 lbs. The whole time I've been taking 60mg a day. I've had all the typical side effects. Last night, I looked down at my leg and noticed that a big patch of skin was missing about the size of a quarter. It was moist, and it kind of started oozing clear liquid. I'm wondering 1) is this from the accutane? 2) is this normal? 3) what should I do about it?

I was looking online and I read all these things about scary skin diseases from accutane, but I'm hoping that I'm just overreacting. Can anyone help?

MemberMember
(@dylanfar)

Posted : 10/20/2012 6:54 pm

My dermatologist told me to stop taking my accutane immediately and contact them if I got a blister somewhere because of accutane. I suggest you do the same, just to be safe :)

MemberMember
(@twhite)

Posted : 10/21/2012 10:27 am

You could have scraped it against something and not even know it. The scrape could have taken the top layer of skin off maybe?

I'm on month five and sometimes I scratch without thinking or scrape say my hand and that's exactly what happens. Clear liquid and it takes foreverrrr to heal.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@pistollobsta)

Posted : 10/25/2012 3:24 pm

I've had a few mosquito bites on my legs since starting Accutane and I've noticed that if I scratch at them and they open up or bleed, they take FOREVER to heal. I think a lot of times any cuts, scrapes, or sores you get while on Accutane just look so much worse than they actually are just due to the longer healing time associated with being on Accutane. That said, if it looks infected I would definitely get it checked out!