Notifications
Clear all

How Long Until Improvement

MemberMember
(@eaglesfan07)

Posted : 10/05/2012 9:37 am

I am a 23 year old male. I have had acne since I was 13. I was on Benzaclin for a good 2 years and then it stopped working. I had a full blown acne attack on my chest and face over the summer. I have severe cystic acne. I went to Dr. Jerald Sklar who is the best dermatologist in Dallas TX. He prescribed me Differin, Dorryx, Clindamycin. I use differin and take the Dorryx pill at night and apply clindamycin in the morning. I have been following this treatment religiously for one month now. I see some improvements on my face but not on my chest. Anybody know how long it will take until all of the acne clears up???

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/05/2012 10:39 am

you know i still get breakouts on my chest all the time but i know that mine are related to working out. i even shower right after i am done and rinse with cool water and have tried various washes and scrubs but nothing works. if you ever figure it out let me know.

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/05/2012 10:50 am

Looks like you have strong bacteria that became immune to Benzaclyn in two years. I would say look for other options instead of more antibiotics because the same thing may happen again.