Notifications
Clear all

Can I Use Ziana And Epiduo Together?

MemberMember
(@chelspipes)

Posted : 07/31/2012 6:47 pm

So, a few years ago my derm prescribed me Epiduo for my mild acne and it actually worked. I stopped using it and my face remained clear. Recently, I've been through a lot of stress and my face is absolutely horrible. I get huge cystic acne, I have acne all over my chin & jawline, and my derm prescribed me Ziana. I've been using it for 2 months and I haven't really seen any results. It is like a 0.0025% dosage, though..

Anyways, I realized that I still have a few samples of Epiduo left and since that actually worked in the past, would it be okay for me to use that at night and Ziana in the morning? Or no..?

MemberMember
(@gj777)

Posted : 07/31/2012 9:18 pm

No. Probably not a good idea to use two retinoids simultaneously. You could, maybe, alternate between them nightly.

MemberMember
(@praisedsword)

Posted : 06/29/2013 8:16 pm

My derm prescribed me epiduo in the morning.. and ziana at night... but make sure you use a good sunblock (physical sunblock such as non-nano zinc oxide or non-nano titanium dioxide) (note: non-nano means the particle size is large so it doesn't enter the pores and it helps protect your skin)

A good sunblock is needed since your skin is super sensitive to the uv rays due to the benzoyl peroxide and retinoids that you are using... i try to avoid the sun as much as i can.. because you will burn easily and uv rays will damage the skin

Though, i actually want to get off these two prescriptions eventually.... it seems too much chemicals for my skin my opinion anyways. Im only on it just to get rid of the cystic acne and to control it before i can slowly wean off of it. I then want to try more organic skin care... since i'm tired of using chemical based products but yeah..just for a more healthy lifestyle

I would talk to your dermatologist though in case of side effects and any other problems that may arise since these prescription topical treatments differ in effect from person to person..

MemberMember
(@praisedsword)

Posted : 06/30/2013 2:39 pm

you wouldn't want any discoloration for no reason...also so you should definitely check that out..