Notifications
Clear all

Stopping Bactrim DS

MemberMember
(@dinkster)

Posted : 10/08/2009 7:59 pm

Ive had bad acne since I was about 16, I didnt do anything about it until it was too late and now have pretty bad scarring on my face.

The face acne subcided to what I would say is "mild" I only get pimples from shaving now with a few tiny un-noticable ones on my forhead sometimes. But the back acne was still bad and for that reason I decided about 2.5 years ago to go on Bactrim DS.

It worked great. All I would have is 3-4 small ones which would go away in a few days. Sometimes there was none at all. Finally there was light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully one day soon Ill have the confidence to take my shirt off in public.

But after being on it for this long I've decided to stop taking Bactrim, give it a break(hopefully forever).

Its been about 5 days now and nothing really noticeable except a few teeny whiteheads on my forhead.

Was I wise to stop taking Bactrim? Are there long term side effects? I do seem to be quite tired this past 2 years which I think must be the only really side effect I noticed in the short term. Im just hoping my body does not become reliant on the bactrim and then I may never get cured.

Fingers crossed it wont flare up any worse, if it stays like it is I will be content.

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 03/30/2014 2:05 pm

this is an old thread but hopefully you will somehow log on and see lol

Was wondering what happened? Did you end up breaking out more? I stopped bactrim a week ago and now have some pretty beautiful zits on my chest. I am also currently dealing with an allergic reaction on my chest, the reason why I stopped taking Bactrim in the first place because I thought I became allergic to sulfa, now I am not to sure so I stopped spiro today to see if that helps.