Notifications
Clear all

female facial hair growth while on accutane?

MemberMember
(@silver12)

Posted : 02/07/2009 5:09 am

Hi,

I am a 27yr old female and am almost two months into my treatment with Accutane. I am getting a few stray hairs on my chin that I didn't notice before treatment. They are thick but not dark like the hair on my scalp. Is this related to taking Accutane?

I was wondering if any other females have noticed any abnormal facial hair growth while on Accutane? And if so, does abnormal hair growth continue after treatment? I just now learned that abnormal/undesired hair growth is a side effect.

Your posts are greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@yo-adrienne)

Posted : 02/07/2009 5:03 pm

Hi,

I am a 27yr old female and am almost two months into my treatment with Accutane. I am getting a few stray hairs on my chin that I didn't notice before treatment. They are thick but not dark like the hair on my scalp. Is this related to taking Accutane?

I was wondering if any other females have noticed any abnormal facial hair growth while on Accutane? And if so, does abnormal hair growth continue after treatment? I just now learned that abnormal/undesired hair growth is a side effect.

Your posts are greatly appreciated.

i dont think it is a side effect of accutane... but probably hormones. have you switched your birth control pills lately? or going through stressful times? ive had stray hairs on my chin LONG before i started accutane. i wouldnt worry about it.

MemberMember
(@melindaone)

Posted : 10/16/2011 7:48 pm

I have the same problem, and yes - it is Accutane side effect.

MemberMember
(@parker395)

Posted : 10/17/2011 11:07 am

Me too. Just started late in month two / eary in month three. Hate it.

MemberMember
(@amieagain)

Posted : 10/18/2011 10:34 pm

yes, it is....my doc said he'd never heard of it. but i had that as well as an increased of vellus hair on my face; my hair on my head started to grow fast as well as my eyelashes. the hair on my legs and pubic hair became really coarse. after about 3 months it started to subside. or maybe i quit noticing, idk.

MemberMember
(@nefisesbn)

Posted : 02/18/2019 2:37 pm

Any update? Did the facial hair growth continue after stopping accutane? I have the same problem!!

Any update? Did the facial hair growth continue after stopping accutane? I have the same problem!!