Notifications
Clear all

Initial breakout with Tetracycline?

MemberMember
(@tinkerbell)

Posted : 01/05/2003 9:48 am

Is there always an initial breakout with Tetracycline? If you had one, how bad was it and how long did it last for? Thanks! :D

MemberMember
(@ad17)

Posted : 01/05/2003 2:24 pm

I never had a breakout while taking tetracycline.

MemberMember
(@tinkerbell)

Posted : 01/06/2003 9:32 am

anyone else?

MemberMember
(@lisall)

Posted : 01/06/2003 6:12 pm

Yes, Unfortunately I have suffered an initial breakout. My acne flared up around the 2nd week and gradually got worse through week 7. Just around week 8 the painful infectious acne went away. Now it seems the leftover acne is left to heal. I am in week 8 now so I can't tell you anymore. I also started Retin-A at the same time, so these effects are not all necessarily from the tetracycline.

But YES, to answer your question, it flared up QUITE a bit.

Anyone else??

MemberMember
(@tinkerbell)

Posted : 01/07/2003 7:10 am

I wonder if you had an intial breakout just because of the retin a.

MemberMember
(@tinkerbell)

Posted : 01/07/2003 5:06 pm

Is there anyone else you is taking tetracycline and can tell us about whether or not they had an initial breakout and how bad it was and how long it lasted. Any help would be very helpful!!! Thanks!! :D

MemberMember
(@krysuk)

Posted : 01/08/2003 9:00 am

I've been on oxtetracycline twice... think this is the same?

MemberMember
(@tinkerbell)

Posted : 01/08/2003 11:42 am

its probably similar. did you have an intial breakout. I'm basically looking if people had intial breakouts with tetracycline or similar without using other products. If i take this, i dont plan on using retin-a or another med you put on your face.

MemberMember
(@tinkerbell)

Posted : 01/09/2003 7:10 am

Someone else must be taking tetracycline! Tell me about it! :D

MemberMember
(@krysuk)

Posted : 01/09/2003 8:41 am

used twice....

first when I was about 18 for 3 years... no initial breakout and kept everything under control I guess...

Then last year - again no initial breakout - did help reduce the amount of acne I had, however it didnt control it enough the second time, now on retin-a which appears to be handling things a little better (week 6 now)...

to be honest the main reason I started looking for other options than tetracyline was because I still got had about 4 cystic acne on my face at any one time and these were beginning to scar, the possible bad side effects, and the yellowing effect it has had on my teeth

MemberMember
(@honeygirl)

Posted : 01/11/2003 2:04 am

I was on tetracycline for two years and yes, I had a major breakout in the beginning. That is normal. It is just all the crap which is under the skin being pushed to the surface at once. Then your skin will start to clear up :D It does take some time and patience, but eventually the skin will start to look great.

MemberMember
(@jerryj20)

Posted : 01/13/2003 10:44 pm

Seems odd to break out on antibiotics- I was put on tetracycline along with a topical gel, and I thought it was the topical that pushed the zits up, as it happened 3 days after starting the treatement. I don't believe antibiotics are that quick, but who knows for sure, maybe its different for everyone. I have yet to break out bad after one and a half months on these drugs, just had two tiny whiteheads pop up thus far- mostly red marks now.

Jerry

MemberMember
(@pugrocker)

Posted : 11/30/2012 4:34 pm

Been on Tetracycline (250mg) for 2 weeks now and Im having a nasty breakout, so hopefully it will pass fast. eusa_pray.gifeusa_think.gif Has anyone who has taken some form of cycline, has it made you pee a lot?