Notifications
Clear all

Accutane and Heat Intolerance / Sweating

MemberMember
(@allouso)

Posted : 03/29/2011 2:53 pm

Personally, i'm not sweating a lot, i'm experiencing something worse: terrible body odor! Which is incredibly annoying and embarrassing. Anyone experienced something similar?

Just realized this thread was from 2006 :)

MemberMember
(@jonny_5)

Posted : 03/29/2011 5:48 pm

I've had the exact same problem. I would be at work and would not be doing anything super physical but i would start to breakout in a sweat for no reason and i would get really hot as if i was over heating, my face also has this horrible bright redness to it as if i got a sunburn. Luckily this has calmed down alot, i do not sweat terribly anymore though i still get a little warm for no reason.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/06/2013 12:33 am

Has anyone's sweating symptoms gone away since getting off Accutane? Im 1.5 years post and I still sweat a ton.

MemberMember
(@eastcoastfinancingnsgmail-com)

Posted : 06/09/2022 8:56 am

Omg.. I thought I was crazy thinking accutane was causing me to have extreme heat intolerance. I normally don't like heat, but since on Accutane it has gotten way worse. Even walking in cold weather makes me sweat like a bull. It's now 20C out and the heat is killing me. I also get heat flashes when in an area like a room or a car with no fresh air, I almost get claustrophobic. I'm on month 8 now and was hoping to be done before summer but I have 4 months left to go.

Any tips to handle the heat would be welcome!

MemberMember
(@anna-nim)

Posted : 09/05/2022 4:19 pm

On 9/2/2006 at 2:28 PM, K-Fed said:

nope nothing like that on accutane yet.

if its getting too serious than talk to your derm.

As if they can help. They will tell you it is temp or they have never heard of it and then you go on your damaged way forever.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:43 PM, moisellemads said:

I got off Accutane (60mg for 8-9 months) at the end of 2018.

TO THIS DAY I am struggling with the heat intolerance. I haven't taken a single dose since 2018 and yet, I can't be in a slightly warm room without sweating buckets. It's particularly bad on my face - if I even attempt to put any make up on, it immediately melts off my upper lip and nose area. I can't move very quickly outside or I instantly start sweating. It's a prickly hot painful feeling that overcomes my body super quickly - sometimes when I'm not even moving - and then it relieves itself shortly after.

This is a horrible side effect that impacts my daily life and I have no idea how to fix it.

You can't. This "drug" damaged your body forever. There are SO MANY people with issues like this and others and the drug company knows. Go to FB, find our groups and see the horror. WIth luck this is the main issue you have and that will be it. I am sorry.

MemberMember
(@mindyhausler)

Posted : 04/06/2023 10:54 pm

The analysis and determination contents of fluoropolymer composition and structure include monomer composition, terminal structure, sequence structure, degree of branching/crosslinking, relative molecular weight and distribution, and condensed structure.