Notifications
Clear all

Why I won't take Accutane

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 04/11/2016 11:46 am

Hi, I have had acne since I was 12 and I'm 32. Safe to say I have adult acne! I've tried most things like antibiotics ( stopped working and I got yeast problems) topicals( most do more harm than good or just plain dont work) diet changes( dairy and a few fruits are the only things which cause specific, itchy red pimples).
My skin is super oily and ive considered Accutane but ive decided its not an option for me. First i know my hormones are to blame, and since Accutane only works when youre on it and the effects last roughly 1-2 years, its not really a cure. It also has pretty serious sjde effects and is potentislly dangerous. I have suicide and depression in my family and am not emotionally stable at the best of times. I thinkAccutane would be very bad idea for me.
Accutane is also a cancer drug! Its well known that drugs that kill cancer often kill your body to some degree so...no thanks!
Im not telling anyone to take it or not, just know that its not without a lot of risk, may not work in the long run and may be very dangerous for people with proclivity to mental issues. I know four people personally who took Accutane, one was just fine and it worked. One deveoped joint pain which never resolved and IBS, one had to have her colon removed and one took it for 2 months and had a suicide attempt.
Please be aware and careful and try every ither possibility first. Thats all

MemberMember
(@rhodalove)

Posted : 04/12/2016 7:55 pm

Great post! I agree, Accutane does not seem to be worth it. Bad side effects that can lead to long term health problems.

MemberMember
(@mrscarrieg)

Posted : 04/13/2016 2:42 am

I have been offered Accutane if my current prescription fails and I already know I don't want to take it. I don't feel it's for me. I love sports/fitness and need my body to be strong and healthy... Even if it means Adult acne.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 04/13/2016 9:19 am

6 hours ago, MrsCarrieG said:

I have been offered Accutane if my current prescription fails and I already know I don't want to take it. I don't feel it's for me. I love sports/fitness and need my body to be strong and healthy... Even if it means Adult acne.

i agree. Try everything else known to man ( and woman. Lol)