Cannot figure out w...

Notifications
Clear all

Cannot figure out why i'm breaking out ..

MemberMember
(@lexylouloo)

Posted : 04/12/2016 4:18 pm

Hello.. I am new here. I am sort of just at a loss of hope lately and figured I would join and ask for whatever it's worth - I know so many have the same questions..

I am 25. As a teenager, I had zero breakouts. Maybe one tiny pimple every few months.

Two years ago, I had a bad period of acne similar to what Im experiencing now again. I can't figure out the culprit of this.
At the time, I was taking loads of hair vitamins and biotin, so I was positive that was the cause, it subsided when I stopped the pills.
It was primarily only on both of my cheeks, which left really bad scarring. I have very fair skin as I am Scandinavian.

The acne stopped, my skin was clear and almost perfect for a year, only here and there pimples. I was very irritated by the scars and was self conscious about not wearing any make-up. I would do anything to have only that problem now!

6 months ago it started as a few breakouts on my chin and cheeks, sometimes forehead. The minute one would heal another one would come. But usually about 2-3 at a time.
However, It's getting worse and worse. Now, I have a whole cluster of breakouts on my right cheek, then left cheek, then chin.. and it goes around and around. I am never clear anymore and it's making me extremely upset/insecure to the point where I skip going to classes/work.
I know it's fairly common and I shouldn't beat myself up but I take it harshly.

I'm almost sure it's hormonal, because I was just ovulating when I got all of those breakouts, now its getting a little better, then it comes back around my period.

Here are a list of things i've tried:

-Aczone
- Onexton (on that now as of 3 weeks ago. it really helps with getting rid of existing acne but not preventing so far)
- Cliique sonic brush (using that now)
-So many various face washes.. too many to name
-Tea tree oil
-Aloe vera
-Vitamin D
-Zinc
-Licorice Root
-Holy basil (started that about 3 weeks ago to lower cortisol levels, seemed to have made it worse)
- multivitamins of all kinds
-Fish oil
-Evening Primose oil/flaxseed mixture in oatmeal
-Vitamin A (just started)
-Folic Acid
-Green tea (capsules and I have always drank about 2-3 cups a day)
-various essential oils

I am a vegetarian and a health freak and eat extremely healthy, no dairy, no processed foods, alcohol only weekends and not that much, don' smoke, exercise daily, yoga, meditation, drink lots of water, green juices, probiotics, ..

Basically, I have tried and already do almost everything I can think of other than birth control *which I reallllyyy don't want to go on..
I have very regular periods and they do not bother me so I don't seem imbalanced in that department.

I am so confused as to what's going on.. I can't get to the bottom of this..what could it be? Anyone with a similar lifestyle to mine that tried something I haven't?
I'm looking into spiro but i'm afraid of everything making it worse than it already is..

Thank you for the taking the time to read

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/12/2016 6:33 pm

You sound like me except I am aconscious meat eater so as organic as possible. I am on Spiro over 6 plus months with normal periods before and now. Hasn't cleared my acne but breakouts are better for 1 week outof the month. The first few monthswere so awful though and I will get those nasty breakouts every few weeks. It's worth a try and given the choice of that or birth control, it seems the lesser of two evils.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 04/16/2016 4:52 am

I think it's the chemical substances in the substances you are taking,a healthy diet won't cancel out things that are bad for you,although they are meant to be good for you