How I Cured My Acne...

Notifications
Clear all

How I Cured My Acne (W/o Medication Or Drugs)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:50 am

What i'd like overfl00d to help me understand is why some people can neglect their diet for all of their life and have great skin and never suffer from acne whereas some who do eat well suffer? you seem to be saying supplements and nutrition is the sole cause of acne or am i misunderstanding this thread?

When your body is breaking down, diseases will manifest in different areas. It's like a game of chance. Someone might get arthritis, another person will get diabetes. Acne is pretty much arthritis of the skin, if you will. Acne is NOT the problem, but a symptom. If a tree's fruits are dying, it's the tree's roots, not the fruit. People who neglect their diet all their lives and have clear skin doesn't necessarily mean they're healthy. If you observe the state of most people's health, it's pretty obvious most people aren't healthy ( I don't mean to sound cynical, it's just the truth). Acne in a way is a good thing, because it can be used as a guide to tell you at what state your health is in. The bottom line of acne is, it's your body's communication to you that something is up.

Sooo, Overflood, May I ask what is in your post workout protein shake? I read that you put coconut oil and some flax, but what is in the same itself? I know this post is pretty old. I do believe that diet is related! My skin is improving so much since I started eating a Lower carb diet! Also, did you have any digestion problems before? I am constipated and I'm sure this contributes to my breakouts as well! What would you suggest?

First of all congrats that your skin is improving! In my post work out shake, I use coconut oil, flaxseed oil, a little bit of beyond tangy tangerine, and sometimes I crack a raw egg(organic) in.

Diet is absolutely related to acne. The modern medical model and most dermatologist will have you believe that diet isn't related - BS! Most of those people are very, very, naive and ignorant.

Yes, I did have digestive issues. I think most people with acne have digestive issues - in fact most people even without acne have digestive issues! Constipation is a major red flag that something you are eating, your body can't tolerate. Your number one goal should be to fix your digestive issues. I recommend you get a little book and write down EVERYTHING you eat, and in a couple hours write down any digestive symptoms like bloating, heartburn, gas, etc - and that is a food you need to eliminate. I recommend you start eating simple foods so you can track down what your body can't tolerate (for example instead of a chicken fettuccine, just eat chicken). Some common culprits are dairy, eggs, soy, and grains - But it could be anything. Also be sure to be taking 80 billion units of probiotics with multiple strains. Take digestive enzymes with your meals - and take a swig of apple cider vinegar to activate the enzymes. I would wait on the probiotics till after a couple weeks of doing a food diary so you can track better what foods you can't handle.

Best of luck!

edit: I should also add, be sure you're eating lots of greens! The fiber is very good for your digestive track. Also you can get some whole flaxseeds, and grind them fresh with a coffee grinder and add them in your diet for extra fiber (you can even add them in your shakes).

MemberMember
(@emp2thy)

Posted : 08/20/2013 2:32 am

Not to doubt that a clean diet may prevent acne or not but I've known people who had eaten pizza hut, drink soda and coffee, and eat candy everyday and still have clear skin

It would have been nice if you had some before, during, and after pictures...

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:42 am

What i'd like overfl00d to help me understand is why some people can neglect their diet for all of their life and have great skin and never suffer from acne whereas some who do eat well suffer? you seem to be saying supplements and nutrition is the sole cause of acne or am i misunderstanding this thread?

When your body is breaking down, diseases will manifest in different areas. It's like a game of chance. Someone might get arthritis, another person will get diabetes. Acne is pretty much arthritis of the skin, if you will. Acne is NOT the problem, but a symptom. If a tree's fruits are dying, it's the tree's roots, not the fruit. People who neglect their diet all their lives and have clear skin doesn't necessarily mean they're healthy. If you observe the state of most people's health, it's pretty obvious most people aren't healthy. Acne in a way is a good thing, because it can be used as a guide to tell you at what state your health is in. The bottom line of acne is, it's your body's communication to you that something is up.

Sooo, Overflood, May I ask what is in your post workout protein shake? I read that you put coconut oil and some flax, but what is in the same itself? I know this post is pretty old. I do believe that diet is related! My skin is improving so much since I started eating a Lower carb diet! Also, did you have any digestion problems before? I am constipated and I'm sure this contributes to my breakouts as well! What would you suggest?

First of all congrats that your skin is improving! In my post work out shake, I use coconut oil, flaxseed oil, a little bit of beyond tangy tangerine, and sometimes I crack a raw egg(organic) in.

Diet is absolutely related to acne. The modern medical model and most dermatologist will have you believe that diet isn't related - BS! Most of those people are very, very, naive and ignorant.

Yes, I did have digestive issues. I think most people with acne have digestive issues - in fact most people even without acne have digestive issues! Constipation is a major red flag that something you are eating, your body can't tolerate. Your number one goal should be to fix your digestive issues. I recommend you get a little book and write down EVERYTHING you eat, and in a couple hours write down any digestive symptoms like bloating, heartburn, gas, etc - and that is a food you need to eliminate. I recommend you start eating simple foods so you can track down what your body can't tolerate (for example instead of a chicken fettuccine, just eat chicken). Some common culprits are dairy, eggs, soy, and grains - But it could be anything. Also be sure to be taking 80 billion units of probiotics with multiple strains. Take digestive enzymes with your meals - and take a swig of apple cider vinegar to activate the enzymes. I would wait on the probiotics till after a couple weeks of doing a food diary so you can track better what foods you can't handle.

Best of luck!

edit: I should also add, be sure you're eating lots of greens! The fiber is very good for your digestive track. Also you can get some whole flaxseeds, and grind them fresh with a coffee grinder and add them in your diet for extra fiber (you can even add them in your shakes).

I just started taking physillium husk and triphala to see if they help with my constipation. I took it yesterday and so far, nothing. I feel like I need to go, but then I don't haha. What's your take on eating peppers for acne? Do you think they trigger it? Did your skin just completely clear up overnight, or were you having still minor breakouts when you first started this? Do you feel like weightlifting would trigger acne? Sorry, i have so many questions. I used to weightlift 4 days a week, to gain weight, when my skin was worse than this not too long ago, so i wonder if theres a connection with that as well..thank you so much for putting your time in to respond!

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 09/06/2013 12:36 am

I just started taking physillium husk and triphala to see if they help with my constipation. I took it yesterday and so far, nothing. I feel like I need to go, but then I don't haha. What's your take on eating peppers for acne? Do you think they trigger it? Did your skin just completely clear up overnight, or were you having still minor breakouts when you first started this? Do you feel like weightlifting would trigger acne? Sorry, i have so many questions. I used to weightlift 4 days a week, to gain weight, when my skin was worse than this not too long ago, so i wonder if theres a connection with that as well..thank you so much for putting your time in to respond!

Sorry for the late response!

I recommend taking grounded flaxseed seed, 2-4 tbsp daily, for extra fiber in your diet. Also eating lots of veggies is essential to give your stool mass to be able to pass through the intestines. Nightshade foods, such as peppers, can cause digestive symptoms for some people. Although if you can tolerate peppers, they're a great source of some phytonutrients and other vitamins and trace minerals.

No, my skin did not completely clear up over night. Curing acne takes a bit of detective work: figuring out what foods are optimal for your body - what you can tolerate and what you can't. Once your body is not being bombarded with toxins and bad food and it's getting all the vitamins, trace minerals, essential fatty acids, probiotics, it will almost seem like a miracle as your acne starts to clear within weeks. Your skin cells are replaced at a turn rate of 2 weeks, so if you start incorporating the right strategy, you will be amazed that your skin is no longer developing acne lesions. Weight lifting should not have any relationship in causing acne, in fact weight lifting is very good for you, as long as you have the right diet. It may seem like a coincidence that many weight lifters have acne, but that's because many of them are gorging on thousands of calories, most often bad calories, which takes a toll on the immune system and various cell function.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask any more questions - I'll try to answer best I can :)

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/06/2013 8:37 am

I recommend taking grounded flaxseed seed, 2-4 tbsp daily, for extra fiber in your diet. Also eating lots of veggies is essential to give your stool mass to be able to pass through the intestines. Nightshade foods, such as peppers, can cause digestive symptoms for some people. Although if you can tolerate peppers, they're a great source of some phytonutrients and other vitamins and trace minerals.

No, my skin did not completely clear up over night. Curing acne takes a bit of detective work: figuring out what foods are optimal for your body - what you can tolerate and what you can't. Once your body is not being bombarded with toxins and bad food and it's getting all the vitamins, trace minerals, essential fatty acids, probiotics, it will almost seem like a miracle as your acne starts to clear within weeks. Your skin cells are replaced at a turn rate of 2 weeks, so if you start incorporating the right strategy, you will be amazed that your skin is no longer developing acne lesions. Weight lifting should not have any relationship in causing acne, in fact weight lifting is very good for you, as long as you have the right diet. It may seem like a coincidence that many weight lifters have acne, but that's because many of them are gorging on thousands of calories, most often bad calories, which takes a toll on the immune system and various cell function.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask any more questions - I'll try to answer best I can :)

I'm filled with questions! Haha. .I read that it's not so safe to take flaxseed. It could make acne worse. . How would I know if its right for me? I bought flaxseed oil..I was thinking of drinking a teaspoon every other day. .

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 10/10/2013 11:54 pm

Hope that helps and feel free to ask any more questions - I'll try to answer best I can smile.png

Oh my god, please don't follow this person's advice. Flax seeds are extremely high in phytoestrogens and will give you the worst breakout of your life.