How I Cured My Acne...

Notifications
Clear all

How I Cured My Acne (W/o Medication Or Drugs)

MemberMember
(@brad87)

Posted : 12/10/2012 9:38 pm

Just wanted to say that I have followed nearly the same plan as the poster for the last week and I cleared up faster then anything else I have EVER tried. In fact I also stopped using BP and I have improved dramatically.

Limit sugar and get enough greens, and even more importantly drink tons of water.

After you do these things give it at least two weeks, you WILL see improvement.

MemberMember
(@brad87)

Posted : 12/10/2012 11:52 pm

Also I just wanted to say that I have been to top estheticians and dermatologists in LA. I have learned a lot about our new age of medicine, we love corrective medicine and hate preventitive medicine. You know why? Because preventitive medicicne really requires no medicine at all, therefore no money! It requires a healthy lifestyle.

I'm so angry that I was sold all these ridiculous products when really all I needed to do was watch my damn diet! Don't believe the "experts", acne is a 21st century disease that is a direct result of the unhealthy lifestyles we lead. If you say this hasn't worked for you then I promise you you haven't tried this before.

I tried "juicing" about a year ago every morning and night, but I was never very disciplined. I either had way too much fruit in my juices or I would juice but also eat shit.

Now I have strictly vegetable juice with a high amount of greens, and I watch my diet much better, I'm not crazy about it, but I definitely don't touch white breads potatoes, etc and the BIGGEST factor for me was cutting out beer, so terrible for acne, now I drink red wine, and have learned to love it.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:36 pm

Just wanted to say that I have followed nearly the same plan as the poster for the last week and I cleared up faster then anything else I have EVER tried. In fact I also stopped using BP and I have improved dramatically.

Limit sugar and get enough greens, and even more importantly drink tons of water.

After you do these things give it at least two weeks, you WILL see improvement.

Awesome bro! Not only are you clear but you feel healthier than ever right? All it takes is dedication and the realization that you literally are what you eat.

Also I just wanted to say that I have been to top estheticians and dermatologists in LA. I have learned a lot about our new age of medicine, we love corrective medicine and hate preventitive medicine. You know why? Because preventitive medicicne really requires no medicine at all, therefore no money! It requires a healthy lifestyle.

I'm so angry that I was sold all these ridiculous products when really all I needed to do was watch my damn diet! Don't believe the "experts", acne is a 21st century disease that is a direct result of the unhealthy lifestyles we lead. If you say this hasn't worked for you then I promise you you haven't tried this before.

I tried "juicing" about a year ago every morning and night, but I was never very disciplined. I either had way too much fruit in my juices or I would juice but also eat shit.

Now I have strictly vegetable juice with a high amount of greens, and I watch my diet much better, I'm not crazy about it, but I definitely don't touch white breads potatoes, etc and the BIGGEST factor for me was cutting out beer, so terrible for acne, now I drink red wine, and have learned to love it.

You hit the nail on the head: It's all about the moolah! The pharmaceutical's and topical creams are a MULTI-BILLION dollar industry.

I think there's a switch inside peoples heads: When that "switch" turns on, they realize that what they put inside their body affects every single cell in their body. Is it a surprise that so many people are suffering from diseases, given the fact that so many chemicals, preservatives, drugs, GMO's, sugar, etc are being consumed - On a daily basis! People are literally attacking/bombarding/assaulting their bodies. It seems as if people have lost connection to their own being.

My advice to everyone is, if the food didn't exist when your great-grandmother was alive, don't eat it!

If the food has a cartoon mascot: DON'T EAT IT!

MemberMember
(@brad87)

Posted : 12/21/2012 2:22 am

Yep, it is a sad world we live in. Just look at the food pyramid, it wants us to eat more simplex carbs then anything else! Also wants us to load up on dairy. Our own government doesn't care about us, they just want our money.

Anyways I'm trying to create a website to get the word out about all these bogus products, and showing the true care for acne. Hope to do it in the next six months or so.

MemberMember
(@ehhhh)

Posted : 12/21/2012 3:50 am

Couple questions/comments:

What brand of digestive enzyme do you use?

I'm all over the place in terms of what foods cause me to break out. Sugar, as expected, will lead to massive breakouts and cysts pretty much within 24 hours for me. However, broccoli and spinach also seem to have this effect (not sure if other green veggies do as I rarely eat any others beyond lettuce). Surprisingly, fast food seems to have no effect on my acne. A plate of broccoli will break me out but a pepperoni and bacon pizza or a double cheeseburger and fries will not do anything in terms of acne forming within a noticeable time frame. Obviously, I don't want to be eating junk food every day to ward off acne, which doesn't even make sense really but it happens to be the case for me (seemingly). My question here is what else can I eat? If I can't eat green veggies, sugar, or bread what on earth is left? If I were to eat a sandwich, what bread is the best for acne prone skin? White bread is sugary and causes insulin spikes? Wheat sucks for some other reason? Which is the lesser of two evils?

I consume tons of alcohol. Light beers tend to not have much of an effect on my skin, but if i drink heavier micro brews I tend to see some acne the next day. I see another poster has mentioned switching to wine. If i have just a glass of wine I tend to break out, presumably do to the sugars. Wouldn't wine be one of the worst alcoholic beverages one can drink due to its high sugar content relative to other drink choices? I don't think I can quit drinking, or I should say I don't want to. Vodka, or clear alcohol I assume would be the best option for acne sufferers, right?

Lastly, I tried probiotics twice now (two different brands) and both times I broke out with some of the largest and most painful cysts I have ever had. They went away when I got off of the probitocs. I do believe my acne is related to gut health/polluted insides/however you want to word it, but probiotics just don't seem to do anything but wreck my face. Is there an alternative way to attaiin positive bacteria?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:09 am

I am actually interested in the "types" of acne you mentioned in the first page :) will I be able to find info myself on them?

Also, isn't fruits and vegetables simple carbohydrates whereas breads, potatoes etc are complex carbohydrates? Just thats what I have learned through my studies.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/22/2012 5:42 pm

I'm all over the place in terms of what foods cause me to break out. Sugar, as expected, will lead to massive breakouts and cysts pretty much within 24 hours for me. However, broccoli and spinach also seem to have this effect (not sure if other green veggies do as I rarely eat any others beyond lettuce). Surprisingly, fast food seems to have no effect on my acne. A plate of broccoli will break me out but a pepperoni and bacon pizza or a double cheeseburger and fries will not do anything in terms of acne forming within a noticeable time frame. Obviously, I don't want to be eating junk food every day to ward off acne, which doesn't even make sense really but it happens to be the case for me (seemingly). My question here is what else can I eat? If I can't eat green veggies, sugar, or bread what on earth is left? If I were to eat a sandwich, what bread is the best for acne prone skin? White bread is sugary and causes insulin spikes? Wheat sucks for some other reason? Which is the lesser of two evils?

I consume tons of alcohol. Light beers tend to not have much of an effect on my skin, but if i drink heavier micro brews I tend to see some acne the next day. I see another poster has mentioned switching to wine. If i have just a glass of wine I tend to break out, presumably do to the sugars. Wouldn't wine be one of the worst alcoholic beverages one can drink due to its high sugar content relative to other drink choices? I don't think I can quit drinking, or I should say I don't want to. Vodka, or clear alcohol I assume would be the best option for acne sufferers, right?

Lastly, I tried probiotics twice now (two different brands) and both times I broke out with some of the largest and most painful cysts I have ever had. They went away when I got off of the probitocs. I do believe my acne is related to gut health/polluted insides/however you want to word it, but probiotics just don't seem to do anything but wreck my face. Is there an alternative way to attaiin positive bacteria?

The best digestive enzymes I have found is from Youngevity found here youngevityshopping.com called "Enzymes."

Everyone is unique, and even healthy foods, some people may not be able to tolerate. It's good that you know which foods you can't handle. It's unfortunate that you have a reaction to broccoli and spinach, but lucky for you there are tons of other greens you can eat; kale for example. Yeah, that is funny how junk food isn't breaking you out, but I still wouldn't eat it because junk food isn't giving you any nutrition at all and only harming your body. Fast food is really toxic: MSG, preservatives, chemicals, etc etc.

There are TONS of different types of vegetables out there. Keep experimenting and find what you like and can tolerate. It's good that you know what you can't handle. If you want to eat a sandwich, you don't even have to eat the bread! But sometimes you may be out with friends or family and a sandwich once in a while won't be too detrimental: I'd stick with whole wheat bread. Although like I mentioned, you don't even need the bread. A salad would be much much better. White bread is pure sugar which will indeed spike your insulin. Whole wheat bread is a little better because it contains the full grain thus fiber, reducing the sugar spike. I recommend giving this article a read http://www.marksdail.../#axzz2FozjVTr6

Alcohol definitely aggravates acne. It puts your detoxification system on a heavy stress load. Some would say wine is better than beer, but I'll be honest with you I haven't researched into this area much because I don't drink alcohol - I smoke the green instead cool.png . I did hear somewhere though that Chinese alcohol derived from rice is healthier as it's gluten free, don't take my word on that though.

As for probiotics, you could have been experiencing die-off symptoms. Probiotic brands can be a hit or miss. Some cultures may be dead and some brands are just low quality. A good quality probiotic will have multiple strands of bacteria and have 10+ billion units per capsule. There are many ways you can get probiotics through food. Fermented vegetables, sauerkraut, kefir, etc. It's really easy to make it yourself - You can find a lot of how-to vids on YouTube.

Hope that helped, best of luck!

I am actually interested in the "types" of acne you mentioned in the first page smile.png will I be able to find info myself on them?

I'll have to dig up the audio archives which contains that information. I've been meaning to have that information layed out, but I've been too busy/lazy crazy.gif.

Also, isn't fruits and vegetables simple carbohydrates whereas breads, potatoes etc are complex carbohydrates? Just thats what I have learned through my studies.

Nope. Grains = Simple; Veggies = Complex.

Yep, it is a sad world we live in. Just look at the food pyramid, it wants us to eat more simplex carbs then anything else! Also wants us to load up on dairy. Our own government doesn't care about us, they just want our money.

Anyways I'm trying to create a website to get the word out about all these bogus products, and showing the true care for acne. Hope to do it in the next six months or so.

The government food pyramid is a joke! They want us to be sick. Every credible nutritionist has debunked that diet. I think it's a lot more insidious than just wanting our money - It's about control.

Very cool that you're making a website! Every voice helps to fight this system that's killing us. A sick and uniformed population will not be able to stand up to these evil people.

MemberMember
(@brad87)

Posted : 12/22/2012 5:49 pm

I am actually interested in the "types" of acne you mentioned in the first page smile.png will I be able to find info myself on them?

Yes you are totally right, I meant to say complex carbohydrates!

Dude no offense, but in my opinion you have it all wrong! If you want to get clear you need to stop and think. Do you really think green leafy vegetables are causing you acne? There is absolutely no way! What is going on is you are eating lots of crap, drinking tons of alcohol and not getting proper nutrients. If you want to get clear you need to devote two weeks to a low sugar, no alcohol, high vegetable diet (especially leafy greens!). There is no way you can tell what is breaking you out with your volatile diet. Give it two weeks if you are serious about having no more acne. Eventually you can re-introduce some of these things back into your diet in a controlled slower way.

And by the way man I do not mean any judgement at all because I was in your EXACT same boat. I was a fast food and beer lover but I was in denial that these things were causing me issues.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/31/2012 2:44 pm

Hello people, I had moderate-severe acne for 5 years. I am making this post because I want to share the knowledge I attained and maybe hopefully help some people.

This is a long post, but I'm sure people who are suffering from acne who are seeking information will give it a read. I know I wish I knew this information when I was younger.

Things I tried

I have tried so many OTC products. From ProActiv to several other Acne creams I can't even remember... Of course, none of them worked. I also tried several antibiotics and prescription creams like Differin - Did not work either. I came to the conclusion that taking anti-biotic's, or slathering chemicals on my face wasn't going to work (or at least be the only solution).

Investigation

I was so frustrated that finally common sense slapped me in the face. I thought to myself, "Why are these pimples forming?" I know I had good skin hygiene. I wash my face 2-3 time daily - It obviously wasn't that. I realized it had to be diet. There's no other explanation.

So I started researching nutrition. I then found out what really causes acne. And there isn't just one type of acne - There's seven different types of acne.

Androgenic Acne (Male hormone acne, most common)(Women can get it too)

Adrenal Acne

Digestive Acne

Premenstrual conditions

Menopausal Acne

Thyroid Acne

Liver Acne

I'll explain in more detail about each one in the future, but I'll outline what the root cause for all of them are. [some are harder to treat than others (e.g. Liver acne).]

Acne has to be tackled in two ways: Internally (the most important aspect which is what this post is all about) and topically.

There's an intimate connection between diet and acne. Insulin affects sebum and oil secretion. If you're producing a lot of insulin, you will break out more. Drinking soda and eating candy will spike your insulin (I'm sure most people know that). But the hidden dagger is grains. Grains will spike your insulin too. That means: Bread, Rice, Oatmeal, Cereals, Bagels, etc... You're going to have to eliminate all insulin spiking foods. People with Androgenic acne will notice results almost overnight by fixing their diet.

Nutrients such as micro nutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals) as well as macro nutrients (fats, protein, carbs) are essential for our bodies to function properly. Our human bodies are composed of ~50 trillion cells. And each one of these intricate, miraculous, tiny cells needs these nutrients constantly (10,000 cells can fit on the head of a needle). The way these cells obtain these nutrients is through the food we eat. It's kind of hard to imagine this, but we humans aren't even conscience of this whole incredible process of how cells function. Each individual cell is like a city: it has government, divine geographical limits, waste treatment plants, power plants, postal office, police force (of course that's an oversimplification, but you get the point). One little cell is more complex than the strongest microchip in the world. Every cell in the human body needs about 90 vitamins + minerals to function optimally.

Problems start to occur when these cells aren't getting the nutrients they need. Is it surprising that people are so sick with the SAD (Standard American Diet)? People are starving their bodies of the nutrition it needs. Just think about it: What do a lot of people eat for the start of the day, and what nutrients are they getting -

Cereal is one of the most popular breakfast meals:

contains very little nutrients (in fact they have to manually add them in - and even then, laughably miniscule) and the processed grains are high in empty carbs which will spike your insulin. The pasteurized dead milk people add contains a few vitamins/minerals and protein.

With that meal, you're virtually starving your body of all the other nutrients it needs. And to add to that, it has to work overtime to process the high-carb, empty calorie's from the cereal and detox the milk. Doing this kind of diet for several years and for even decades, diseases and infections will certainly manifest. Pretty much all diseases are from cell death, e.g. if you have dieing cells in the heart; it's called heart disease; Dieing cells in the bones; it's called arthritis. Nearly all disease's are preventable through proper nutrition.

Just so you get a clearer picture:

SAD Nutrients in avg breakfast: B2, B6, B12, Thiamin, Niacin, Vit A, Vit D

What you should be getting: Gallium, Germanium, Hafnium, Holmium, Neodymium, Praseodymium, Rhenium, Rubidium, Samarium, Scandium, Silica, Silver, Hydrogen, Lanthanum, Lithium, Lutetium, Molybdenum, Iodine, Strontium, Tantalum, Terbium, Thulium, Tin, Titanium, Vanadium, Ytterbium, Yttrium, Zirconium, Niobium, Boron, Bromine, Carbon, Nickel, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), VitaminB5 (Pantothenic Acid), VitaminB6 (Pyridoxine), Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin), Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Choline, Flavonoids and Bioflavonoids, Folic Acid, Inositol, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Biotin, Valine, Lysine, Threonine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Tryptophan, Phenylalanine, Methionine, Histidine, Arginine, Taurine, Tyrosine, Omega 3 (EPA, DHA, ALA), Omega 6, Omega 9

Now, it's important to understand how the plants you eat attains its nutrients:

"Most of the produce you buy in a grocery store does not have anything close to the mineral profile it is supposed to have according to nutritional textbooks. This is because minerals are not manufactured by plants, whereas vitamins and phytonutrients are. When plants create such nutrients, they synthesize them through chemical and energetic processes that can only be called miraculous. But as capable as they are, plants do not create minerals. Minerals have to be absorbed through the soil, and if they are not present in the soil, then the plant's roots cannot take them up, and therefore they will not be present in the plant.

The nutritional and mineral profile of the plant ultimately depends on the mineral content of the soil. Since soils today are so over-farmed and depleted of all but a few basic minerals, most of our produce lacks the minerals they should contain. For example, a lot of plants absorb selenium when selenium is present in the soil. But when selenium is not present in the soil, of course it's not available to the plant. The plant gets grown and taken to the store and sold and consumed anyway, even though it doesn't have the levels of selenium that it should contain according to traditional textbooks." - naturalnews.com

So this creates a dilemma for us: mass produced agriculture foods don't contain the vitamins and minerals they're supposed to have that humans need. And a whole other issue is the fluoridated water and dangerous/poisonous pesticides they use. Now, the simple way to resolve this would be to grow your own food - Organic vegetables is the way to go. Or if you're lucky, you have access to locally grown organic food. Unfortunately, many of us don't have access to organic food. However, there is a way to remedy that problem and that is through supplementation, which I'll talk about in a bit.

So far, what I hope you got out of this is acne is not a skin issue, it's a internal issue. You could slather all the chemicals in the world on your face, but you will never *cure* your acne. Sure, you could hide the symptoms temporarily - But is that how you want to approach a disease? Would you want to hide the "check engine light" in a car by simply putting masking tape over it? Obviously not because the car will break down in the future. Essentially that's what acne is, a "check engine light" if you will: a warning that your body is breaking down. Acne is almost a good thing, because it is a very minor disease compared to the other major debilitating diseases that can/will follow if not treated properly.

The good news is our bodies are miraculous. When you get a cut, the body automatically knows what to do and heals that wound. The same is true for your entire body. The body is capable of healing itself. Once you feed the body the nutrients it needs, you will go from break down mode, to build up mode. The body is constantly breaking down, and building up. You want to be in the net positive of that scale. If you're suffering from any disease, you're in net break-down. If you're healthy and strong, you're in net build-up.

Now this brings me to supplementation. Being alive in the 21st century has its many down falls: Poisoned water, poisoned air, poisoned food.. just to name a few. But, we do have a few upsides: vitamin and mineral extraction. Since we aren't getting them in the food we eat, we have to get them somehow and supplementation gives us that opportunity. A lot of people already know to take their "daily" multivitamin. It's important to note however that 1 multivitamin is really like a drop of water in a bucket - nutritionally speaking. It's very beneficial if you're taking one, but the body needs to utilize vitamins/minerals throughout the day. With one multivitamin you get a spike of vitamins/minerals; the body, however, prefers a low steady amount. Also, you pee out the rest of the water soluble vitamins (such as the B vitamins and vitamin C) which need to be replenished.

A side note about the current medical model... If doctors and dermatologists really cared about you, they would ask you about your diet and life style. They are very quick at prescribing you a drug that will only make the problem much worse down the road. Drugs only mask the symptom. For example, if you go to the doctor's office for back pain, is he going to help you *cure* your back pain? Most likely not. You're just going to leave the building with a prescription in your hand for pain medication. Doctors and dermatologists are salesmen for the pharmaceutical company's. If you read into the history of the pharmaceutical industry, you will understand how they took control of the current medical system. They fund nearly all of the medical schools and these "doctors" are then only taught how to administer drugs, and not heal the body. It's a very evil conspiracy that causes hundreds of thousands of deaths yearly, where most of them can be prevented. I want to add that most doctors are well meaning, but unfortunately they are victims of propaganda. I AVOID the doctors office. I know that if I walk in there, I will walk out with a prescription that will harm me.

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." - Thomas A. Edison

The ideal way of supplementing your vitamins/minerals is through liquid fashion. The body assimilates the nutrients much more readily. Powder multivitamin/mineral that you mix in liquid is the optimal form. The key is to drink in small doses throughout the day. This is how the body likes it the best; slow and steady all day (almost like a IV drip). Does this make sense to you? That each cell in our body continually need these micro/macro nutrients?

So now you know how important vitamins and minerals are. Next you need to know how important fats are. Yes, fats are very important; specifically the EFA's omega 3's and omega 6's. We know that cells needs vitamins and minerals to function; cells also need fats. EFA's act as a structural component of all the cell membranes and are vital for thousands of chemical reactions in our bodies.The reason they're called EFA's (Essential Fatty Acid's) is because we need them in our diet. Essential in the world of nutrition means it needs to be consumed: the body can't produce it on its own. Most people these days are deficient in EFA's: specifically Omega 3's. One way to know if you're deficient is if you have dry skin. EFA's is what hydrates the skin. No one should have dry skin! Which also leads me to say that moisturizers are a hoax; a scam. The skin moisturizing business is a huge business in and of itself. Ever wonder why you apply moisturizer constantly, yet you still have dry skin? It's because moisturizers only mask's the symptom! Sure you feel better temporarily because you coated your skin in oil/wax/whatever, but you will still have dry skin! No hocus pocus, potion lotion will solve an internal issue. EFA's are very important for your health: they play a significant role in our body's function.

If you're already supplementing with EFA's, you're ahead of the game. You should be making sure you're getting plenty of EFA's in your diet. The best way to get EFA's is from flaxseed oil. Flaxseed has the perfect amount of Omega 3's and 6's. I recommend Flaxseed oil in liquid bottles, or in gel capsules. A sufficient amount is 6-9 tablespoons; or 9-12 capsules. The amount needed depends on you - everyone is different. Experiment with different doses and see how you feel.

Last, but not least - Probiotics. Our guts have millions of different bacteria inside. Good bacteria and bad bacteria. Ideally, you want a healthy amount of the good bacteria in your gut so they can fight off the bad bacteria. The good bacteria is like your own little army, protecting your fortress. These good bacteria not only protect you from bad bacteria, but they also synthesize vitamins your body needs. Most people don't have proper flora ecology in their system. When bad bacteria takes control of your gut, huge implications occur such as yeast overgrowth, leaky gut syndrome, etc. It's extremely important to have a healthy digestive system. Healthy food such as vegetables and fruits promote healthy good bacteria, while junk food (high sugar, highly processed food) promotes bad bacteria (they love sugar).

I recommend to take a high quality pro-biotic. Don't skimp on quality. From the experts I have read, 80-100 billion units daily is a good place to be to re-balance your flora ecology. If you've taken antibiotics, this step is even more crucial for you. Being on antibiotics wipes out all of the bacteria in your gut: the good and the bad. For some, it can take months or even years to re-balance the flora ecology.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

So I hope you have a little bit of a better understanding of health. Now I'll recommend the brand I use.

The multimineral/vitamin I use is called Beyond Tangy Tangerine. Without a doubt, the best quality multi you can get out there, and for a great price. It's in powder form and has a ORAC value (antioxidant rating) of over 5700; whereas, most other brands are below 1000. It's also all naturally derived from 120 fruits and vegetables with no preservatives or fillers. Can be found here: http://healthfulchoi...y90forlife.com/

I recommend the "Healthy Digestion Pack." It has the Vitamin/Mineral supplement, EFA's, Probiotics, and Enzymes. This is what I use. With this pack, all else you would need to get is Whey Protein and Zinc Picolinate. It may be pricey for some people, but you can't put a price on good health I say.

If you can't get the whole package I recommend at least getting the Beyond Tangy Tangerine (Multivitamin/mineral).

PS Make sure to "Join" because you get a 10% discount (it's free).

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

So that's for supplementation, now let's get to the basics of a healthy diet. If you want to get clear, you have to eat healthy too. Eating healthy and supplementing work hand-in-hand, synergistically. You can't just supplement and eat junk food (but if you are eating junk food, supplementing is even more vital). With that said:

Food I Consume/Avoid

AWhat to consume: Vegetables, Vegetables, Vegetables! Ideally you should be eating veggies for breakfast, lunch. and dinner. Added with that is good sources of protein. Chicken, Fish, and Eggs, are all good sources of protein. (Once in a while I'll eat red meat).

Bone soup has incredible medicinal properties (google it to learn how to make it)

Salads are great

Organic *grass fed* butter is healthy

Cultured Vegetables is a really good way to get pre/probiotics. (google it to learn how to make it)

Nuts/seeds - Very good source of protein/ fats

Legumes - Good source of protein

Protein is very important. Most people are under proteinated. You should be getting at least .5 - 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight (depending on your amount of physical activity). What everybody should be doing is taking protein powders. The best source of protein powder is 100% Whey protein (If you're one of the few that can't tolerate Whey protein, there are alternatives such as Hemp protein, Egg protein, etc). And if you're a guy and lifting weights like me, you should get 2-3 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Also, the cool part with being amply proteinated, your sugar cravings will diminish. When you crave sugar, it's because your brain is telling you you don't have enough protein. Whey protein can be considered a miracle source of protein. One of the highest quality sources of protein is considered to be eggs. In fact, the biological value of all protein is rated against eggs, eggs being considered the top score of 100; cow milk 91; beef 80; soy 74. Whey protein has an amazing score of 104! Whey Protein boosts your immune system and has the full spectrum of amino acids. Careful with the brand of Whey Protein you get though. Many are over-processed and contain many artificial ingredients that aren't good for you.

I recommend "One World Whey." It's the best quality Whey Protein I can find. It's grass-fed and unpasteurized. Can be found here: http://www.sgn80.com

A tip is to hack into your brain wiring. If you're craving any sort of grains/sugar, treat it as protein deficiency. If you're craving greasy fat foods, get your EFA's. In short:

Craving Grains/Sugar - Drink Protein

Craving Fatty foods - Get your EFA's

I find that if I drink a protein shake with some flaxseed oil and coconut oil, any cravings disappear almost immediately.

If you're taking the Beyond Tangy Tangerine multi-vitamin/mineral, you're getting a great amount of your B vitamins, Vitamin C, COQ-10, MSM, and a whole host of other essential nutrients you need. A few other VERY beneficial supplements to take are:

Zinc Picolinate: 50 mg

NAC: 1-2 grams

Glutamine: 1 gram

Now that you understand a good diet and supplementation, I'll add that I recommend to cleanse your face twice a day: in the morning and the evening with a natural face cleanser. Retinoic Acid (vitamin A) is also very beneficial. Applying Benzoyl Peroxide (Dan's product is good) or Salicylic acid can speed up the healing process.

Conclusion

So I have been clear for 8 months now. I used to have moderate-severe acne and now my skin is as smooth as it was when I was 13 years old. I still have a few red blemishes from my old acne that's healing (gone now). But when I run my hand through my skin, I'm still amazed at how soft and smooth it is after all these years from having acne. I even feel great and healthy now. I know this may be a dramatic life style change for some people, but this is what it took for me to finally get rid of the awful skin disease known as acne. I wish you guys the best of luck. smile.png

Feel free to ask any questions.

Edit

I should also add a few more things that will help contribute to clearing your acne.

Exercise is very important. It helps moves your blood around and oxygenate your body. It also helps move around all the nutrients throughout your body. A little as 15 minutes of a hard work out, stressing out your body is all you need to maintain good health. Deep breathing is also important. At least for 1 minute(or longer! There's some neat apps on the iPhone) a day do deep inhaling and powerful exhaling: 7 seconds inhale, 7 seconds exhale. When inhaling breath with your stomach, pushing it out: When exhaling breath with your stomach going in. You will feel better doing this; it helps your adrenal glands. A clear state of mind without stress is vital too. Meditating, deep breathing, or yoga can all help achieve that.

When you wake up, do 1-2 minutes of jumping jacks to get the lymph system circulating. After sleeping for several hours, it gets sluggish. You'll also feel more energized. You can also get one of those mini trampolines called a "rebounder."

At least 8 glasses of water a day. It cleanses and detoxifies your body. Men should drink 3 liters(13 cups); Woman 2.2 liters(9 cups) for the best results. I have a 1 gallon jug so it's easy to know where I'm at.

Also, some people may have troubles absorbing the vitamins and EFA's (this is common, especially among older folks). I suggest everyone take digestive enzymes. These natural enzymes will help the body aborb EFA's.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Step-by-step list of what I do

(This is just one example of a meal I consume and varies greatly from day to day - It's just to give you an idea. I've turned into a class-A chef with lots of different recipes, since I've learned to cook for myself! Your girlfriend/boyfriend will love you wink.png )

Breakfast

Drink 2 glasses of water (or a green veggie juice). Sip on my Beyond Tangy Tangerine. Wait 15-20 min before eating food.

Soft boil/lightly scramble eggs. Lightly steam vegetables of choice: Season to taste (Salt and pepper), Coconut oil/Olive oil (coconut preferred), or grass-fed butter

Take digestive enzymes (with lipase), EFA's, and probiotic's

Sip on some more Beyond Tangy Tangerine throughout the day

Lunch

Big Salad (and I mean big, LoL) with chicken/eggs/ whatever toppings you want. Some homemade salad dressing with Flaxseed oil (careful with commercial salad dressings that have bad, highly refined oils)

Take digestive enzymes, EFA's, probiotic's

Sip on some more Beyond Tangy Tangerine throughout the day

Snack

Protein Shake w/ tablespoon coconut oil, tablespoon flaxseed oil

Dinner

Oven roasted Wild-Caught Alaskan Salmon seasoned to taste with herbs and lemon juice. Lightly Steamed Vegetables of choice or a salad.

Digestive Enzymes, EFA's, Probiotic's

1 multivitamin, 50mg Zinc Picolinate

Sipping rest of Beyond Tangy Tangerine

Snack (right before bed)

Protein Shake w/ half scoop beyond tangy tangerine; tablespoon coconut oil; tablespoon flaxseed oil

(Taking protein before going to bed is VERY beneficial for your body. It helps with repair and growth. When you sleep, you're fasting for ~6-8 hours and this will give your system the building blocks to repair itself while you sleep)

P.S. With digestive enzymes, the best time to take them is right before eating or as you're eating. Also you can take some on an empty stomach and your body will utilize them for systemic processes which is very beneficial.

P.S.S You can also aid the digestion process by taking a couple swigs of Apple Cider Vinegar after a meal.

wow! what an awesome post!!! i have found these things out as well and i am doing all the things in my signature which corresponds with nearly everything you have said. i also just started taking my EFA's consistently after I realized how important they are. I completely agree on the moisteurizers being a scam!! i hate moisteurizer! they sit on my skin and I hate the feeling. I don't think the body is so stupid that it can not even properly moisteurize itself! its all about internal things and nutrients and minerals and homeostasis. I think the EFA's will help me greatly. I love the Edison quote but sadly that still hasn't happened to day as doctors are intent upon perscribing medicine many of them would not take them selves and do not even fully understand.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/01/2013 8:11 pm

Wow these are incredibly involved and relatively expensive lifestyle changes. The Vitamin brands you recommended are obscure and costly. I'm all for doing whatever it takes to cure my acne - believe me - but I wish there was a simpler and more practical way. I try to eat as healthy as I can (no soda, no processed foods, etc.) but have never considered totally cutting out grains or gluten from my diet. Before I made any diet changes I think I would want to experiment more with supplements.

Right now I take: fish oil omega 3s, panthetine, l-carnitine, probiotics, and a men's multi-V but have noticed absolutely no improvement with my skin. I've also been on Solodyn for 9 months but it has barely helped.

Also I know I should but I currently do not exercise. I'm always afraid that sweating is going to make my skin worse. Plus acne-related anxiety keeps me from going to the gym and my acne generally just ruins any motivation for getting in shape.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 01/01/2013 10:12 pm

Wow these are incredibly involved and relatively expensive lifestyle changes. The Vitamin brands you recommended are obscure and costly. I'm all for doing whatever it takes to cure my acne - believe me - but I wish there was a simpler and more practical way. I try to eat as healthy as I can (no soda, no processed foods, etc.) but have never considered totally cutting out grains or gluten from my diet. Before I made any diet changes I think I would want to experiment more with supplements.

Right now I take: fish oil omega 3s, panthetine, l-carnitine, probiotics, and a men's multi-V but have noticed absolutely no improvement with my skin. I've also been on Solodyn for 9 months but it has barely helped.

Also I know I should but I currently do not exercise. I'm always afraid that sweating is going to make my skin worse. Plus acne-related anxiety keeps me from going to the gym and my acne generally just ruins any motivation for getting in shape.

I understand it may be costly for some people, but really this is your body and health we're talking about! People easily spend hundreds on medications, electronics, etc but neglect their own body's. I cancelled my TV subscription so I could afford supplements... Best decision I've made! I completely understand though that some people can not afford supplements because of being unemployed, bills, etc. My advice for people in that case is to eat as healthy as they can and live a healthy life style and try to garner a income to be able to afford supplementation in the future.

Exercising is so, so important. You don't have to go to the gym to exercise! You can run around your block; do pushups, sit-ups, etc.

I can also understand how grains may be hard to eliminate from your diet, given that many of us grew up eating it our entire lives. You just have to understand that grains do not provide much nutrition at all and in fact have anti-nutrients and may even be killing you slowly. Give these articles a read:

www.marksdailyapple.com/why-grains-are-unhealthy/

http://wellnessmama....ing-you-slowly/

Solodyn isn't doing you any favors bro. I would drop that medication right now! Antibiotics should never be prescribed for acne.

wow! what an awesome post!!! i have found these things out as well and i am doing all the things in my signature which corresponds with nearly everything you have said. i also just started taking my EFA's consistently after I realized how important they are. I completely agree on the moisteurizers being a scam!! i hate moisteurizer! they sit on my skin and I hate the feeling. I don't think the body is so stupid that it can not even properly moisteurize itself! its all about internal things and nutrients and minerals and homeostasis. I think the EFA's will help me greatly. I love the Edison quote but sadly that still hasn't happened to day as doctors are intent upon perscribing medicine many of them would not take them selves and do not even fully understand.

Thank you brother. Great job, you're doing a lot of great things! I completely agree with you that zinc is an amazing supplement that EVERYONE should be supplementing with.

Unfortunately, you're right. Doctors today are more misguided than ever. I see a grim future for people, and don't see things getting better any time soon. Especially since Obamacare is going to give free pharmaceuticals for everyone. strongsad.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/02/2013 6:40 am

I understand it may be costly for some people, but really this is your body and health we're talking about! People easily spend hundreds on medications, electronics, etc but neglect their own body's. I cancelled my TV subscription so I could afford supplements... Best decision I've made! I completely understand though that some people can not afford supplements because of being unemployed, bills, etc. My advice for people in that case is to eat as healthy as they can and live a healthy life style and try to garner a income to be able to afford supplementation in the future.

Exercising is so, so important. You don't have to go to the gym to exercise! You can run around your block; do pushups, sit-ups, etc.

I can also understand how grains may be hard to eliminate from your diet, given that many of us grew up eating it our entire lives. You just have to understand that grains do not provide much nutrition at all and in fact have anti-nutrients and may even be killing you slowly. Give these articles a read:

Solodyn isn't doing you any favors bro. I would drop that medication right now! Antibiotics should never be prescribed for acne.

Thank you brother. Great job, you're doing a lot of great things! I completely agree with you that zinc is an amazing supplement that EVERYONE should be supplementing with.

Unfortunately, you're right. Doctors today are more misguided than ever. I see a grim future for people, and don't see things getting better any time soon. Especially since Obamacare is going to give free pharmaceuticals for everyone. strongsad.gif

Wow that article about grains is pretty scary stuff. But still I wonder then, why are there some people who can eat whatever and are way more masculine and have way better perfect skin?

Also can you talk a little more about the vitamins you recommended? How did you choose them over others?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 01/03/2013 6:29 pm

Wow that article about grains is pretty scary stuff. But still I wonder then, why are there some people who can eat whatever and are way more masculine and have way better perfect skin?

Also can you talk a little more about the vitamins you recommended? How did you choose them over others?

i beleive this is were genetics come in. some in people have more sebum producing cells in the face and places were they get acne i beleive. somehow they are more genetically disposed to it. lets say for example this was 200 years ago. the people who have really bad acne today would have mild acne. the food they eat now has made their acne way worse. the world is unfair. life is unfair. as a human being you should have realized that i hope. the people on this site just got the short end of the stick when it comes to acne. they are unfairly disposed to it. thats just my hypothesis. but it makes sense. or else as you said everyone would have acne.

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 02/02/2013 5:38 am

Heyy I have a question...

These are the things I eat on a daily basis

Morning: Soy milk with 1 biscuit

-Get to school-

Snack: crips

lunch:brown bread with water --sometimes fruit

-get home-

dinner: chappti with lentil

I know that some of those things there aren't the healtiest but what can I substitue them for??

Also what can I do for hormonal acne thanks. xxx

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 02/05/2013 11:28 pm

-Get to school-

-get home-

I know that some of those things there aren't the healtiest but what can I substitue them for??

Howdy,

All you're eating throughout the day is mostly carbs, which isn't giving you any essential nutrients your body needs; very low on essential fats too.

For breakfast, the best thing (if you're not allergic) to eat is eggs. Soft boiled/pouched/scrambled is the best way to cook your eggs (not over cooking them). Added to that some veggies that you like; broccoli, sprouts, spinach, cabbage, any greens.

I'm not sure what crips are (American here :] ), chips I'm guessing? Any case, you definitely want to avoid empty carbs. I would snack on nuts such as almonds, sun flower seeds, walnuts, etc. You can also drink some Whey protein which in incredibly good for you, and filling.

Lunch again, you're just eating more carbs with no nutrition. What you want to do is substitute grains with veggies. For lunch, you could try a salad. Kale salads are really good, here's a easy recipe:

Get some kale, and de-stem them. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the kale and then massage the kale for 1-2 minutes to make the kale wilt. The salt breaks down the cell walls of the kale. Add some lime juice. You can let it sit for ~10 for it to soften up some more. Then you can add what ever toppings you desire; avocado, almonds, onions, garlic, pepper, cucumbers, etc.

Also get on a good multi vitamin/mineral supplementation and EFA's (recommend flaxseed oil).

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:32 am

-Get to school-

-get home-

Howdy,

All you're eating throughout the day is mostly carbs, which isn't giving you any essential nutrients your body needs; very low on essential fats too.

For breakfast, the best thing (if you're not allergic) to eat is eggs. Soft boiled/pouched/scrambled is the best way to cook your eggs (not over cooking them). Added to that some veggies that you like; broccoli, sprouts, spinach, cabbage, any greens.

I'm not sure what crips are (American here :] ), chips I'm guessing? Any case, you definitely want to avoid empty carbs. I would snack on nuts such as almonds, sun flower seeds, walnuts, etc. You can also drink some Whey protein which in incredibly good for you, and filling.

Lunch again, you're just eating more carbs with no nutrition. What you want to do is substitute grains with veggies. For lunch, you could try a salad. Kale salads are really good, here's a easy recipe:

Get some kale, and de-stem them. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the kale and then massage the kale for 1-2 minutes to make the kale wilt. The salt breaks down the cell walls of the kale. Add some lime juice. You can let it sit for ~10 for it to soften up some more. Then you can add what ever toppings you desire; avocado, almonds, onions, garlic, pepper, cucumbers, etc.

Also get on a good multi vitamin/mineral supplementation and EFA's (recommend flaxseed oil).

Thanks a lot,

I'll try it out!

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 03/14/2013 10:33 pm

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@this-is-my-name)

Posted : 03/18/2013 3:04 pm

^^To the above posters, the food pyramid was recently debunked as pure shit and has been replaced by the food plate. I think the food pyramid was actually invented just to sell crap so it never had our best interest.

I can't cut out beer from my diet! Actually I probably will have to if I go on Accutane here soon.

I have seen no link between my diet and my acne. No matter what I do I always have acne. Although I have been thinking of trying a vegetarian diet just to see if my skin improves. I am somewhat of an anomaly because I don't have 3/4 of my large intestine, something of the story of my life which I have posted on here before (long story short, I came out backwards and swallowed amniotic fluid which gave me gangrene in my large intestine. Had much of it removed and I nearly died as a newborn). I believe this is the reason I have acne as my condition never really bothered me much up until recently. I never had acne when I was younger but at 24 I somehow started getting it and I've had acne every day since. Nothing has helped. I don't trust doctors.

Anyway... I know that if I ate extremely healthy then I'd probably look better, but I guess I'm not to the point where I want to scrutinize every single thing I consume. I eat fairly well, better than most, but I always get acne all the time. Maybe I'll just break down and be more conscious of my diet for a while to see how it works. I'm still convinced this is all because of the Monsanto corporation or some other evil entity.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 04/08/2013 9:36 pm

^^To the above posters, the food pyramid was recently debunked as pure shit and has been replaced by the food plate. I think the food pyramid was actually invented just to sell crap so it never had our best interest.

I can't cut out beer from my diet! Actually I probably will have to if I go on Accutane here soon.

I have seen no link between my diet and my acne. No matter what I do I always have acne. Although I have been thinking of trying a vegetarian diet just to see if my skin improves. I am somewhat of an anomaly because I don't have 3/4 of my large intestine, something of the story of my life which I have posted on here before (long story short, I came out backwards and swallowed amniotic fluid which gave me gangrene in my large intestine. Had much of it removed and I nearly died as a newborn). I believe this is the reason I have acne as my condition never really bothered me much up until recently. I never had acne when I was younger but at 24 I somehow started getting it and I've had acne every day since. Nothing has helped. I don't trust doctors.

Anyway... I know that if I ate extremely healthy then I'd probably look better, but I guess I'm not to the point where I want to scrutinize every single thing I consume. I eat fairly well, better than most, but I always get acne all the time. Maybe I'll just break down and be more conscious of my diet for a while to see how it works. I'm still convinced this is all because of the Monsanto corporation or some other evil entity.

You're exactly right - The Food Pyramid is a very unhealthy diet and has been debunked by many nutritionists.

Sorry to hear that about your birth. When you have a mechanical problem such as yours you never know what problems that can/is manifesting. I definitely recommend for you to eat healthy though to make sure your remaining intestines stay healthy and pristine! Not to mention you will feel great.

Have you ever tried a paleo diet?

Lol @ your Monsanto comment. They are indeed a very evil corporation, and it's known that their GMO food is causing cancer and infertility. I wouldn't be surprised if Monsanto food is linked with acne, in fact I can bet it is.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 07/12/2013 12:54 pm

People who have had success with this regimen, I hope will post their success stories here! It gives people hope and inspiration. I get lots of private messages but would like some testimonies be posted here!

God Bless smile.png

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/17/2013 9:00 pm

Yes much evidence points acne to an internal disease. I'm 21, got fed up at 19 and put the hammer down. I have no idea how people just let it slide through their 20's..30's..I can't stand 1 day with acne let alone years. I had very severe acne, all over my face, neck, back, chest etc. Growing up I ate strictly for taste just like most americans, I now eat for health. I've been eating all organic whole foods for 2 years now. I cleared all my crazy acne about 6-8 months into detoxing my body. I was like you though and went mad, endless researching, buying tons of vitamins products anything you think will make your body more healthy.. when in the end your doing more harm then good.

When I see you taking all those vitamins, I say "oh boy, he's doing what i did." You will learn. All of that is garbage, complete waste of money and doesn't do the good your looking for. Tweaking with your body even with vitamins is sketchy business, and just like a plant, if we get too many nutrients they become toxic. All medications, facial scrubs and what not just prolong the problem. When you put that BP on your face, or pop that minocycline pill from the Doc, you just guaranteed acne to stick around.

The real way to cure acne is to restore your intestinal flora to the proper amounts. Aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, also known as good and bad bacteria. The only way for that to happen is a properly cleaned and functioning system. Juicing/Green smoothies each morning to flush out metals and other toxins, cleaning organs. Eating mostly raw food throughout the day. Have one large cooked meal for dinner, and take a good digestive enzyme. If you don't have the correct ratio of intestinal flora, it doesn't matter what food your eating or what vitamins your taking, your body will never receive them, the anaerobic bacteria will ingest it all leaving you malnourished, even if you are plenty of food.

And I'm on the fence about probiotics. It's hard to believe the probiotics on the shelf in the store aren't dead, really the only way of knowing your getting a high dose of high quality aerobic bacteria is to have your own culture. But I also think if you go completely natural, over time your body will balance out and there is no need to supplement additional good bacteria. Stop the face washes, stop the harsh chemicals and pills, stop stressing an start taking a more simple approach. Eating clean whole organic foods, exercising at least a half hour a day, get outside get fresh air, SLEEP, and stop putting anything on your acne. Not even tap water. Let your skin heal. Once a week I recommend a face mask of Aztec clay/ACV/Distilled Water. Aztec clay can be found very cheap at health stores. The mask is all you need for a week of cleaning your face, it will balance the pH of your skin, circulates the blood reducing redness, makes and even skin tone. Good luck everyone F acne we need to get rid of it once and for all

If not by using probiotics, then how do you suggest restoring your digestive balance? Also, I try to eat as organic and healthy as reasonably possible but am still experiencing breakouts and oily skin. I really like the fruit and vegetable drinks from Bolthouse Farms. I drink one of them every morning. I just don't know what to do anymore.

MemberMember
(@2mitts)

Posted : 07/19/2013 5:37 am

I just posted this in the "lifestyle" section, but I've been clear from Cystic Acne for almost 4 months now . . . the culprit . . . Artificial Colorings and/or Sweeteners. That was the only change I made in my diet and within a week things started healing, and within a month I was 98% clear. To say I was floored and ecstatic would be an understatement and I recommend everyone give it a shot! Worst case scenario you cut out some not so needed elements of your diet, best case, your acne clears up!

MemberMember
(@2mitts)

Posted : 07/19/2013 5:54 am

Yes much evidence points acne to an internal disease. I'm 21, got fed up at 19 and put the hammer down. I have no idea how people just let it slide through their 20's..30's..I can't stand 1 day with acne let alone years. I had very severe acne, all over my face, neck, back, chest etc. Growing up I ate strictly for taste just like most americans, I now eat for health. I've been eating all organic whole foods for 2 years now. I cleared all my crazy acne about 6-8 months into detoxing my body. I was like you though and went mad, endless researching, buying tons of vitamins products anything you think will make your body more healthy.. when in the end your doing more harm then good.

When I see you taking all those vitamins, I say "oh boy, he's doing what i did." You will learn. All of that is garbage, complete waste of money and doesn't do the good your looking for. Tweaking with your body even with vitamins is sketchy business, and just like a plant, if we get too many nutrients they become toxic. All medications, facial scrubs and what not just prolong the problem. When you put that BP on your face, or pop that minocycline pill from the Doc, you just guaranteed acne to stick around.

The real way to cure acne is to restore your intestinal flora to the proper amounts. Aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, also known as good and bad bacteria. The only way for that to happen is a properly cleaned and functioning system. Juicing/Green smoothies each morning to flush out metals and other toxins, cleaning organs. Eating mostly raw food throughout the day. Have one large cooked meal for dinner, and take a good digestive enzyme. If you don't have the correct ratio of intestinal flora, it doesn't matter what food your eating or what vitamins your taking, your body will never receive them, the anaerobic bacteria will ingest it all leaving you malnourished, even if you are plenty of food.

And I'm on the fence about probiotics. It's hard to believe the probiotics on the shelf in the store aren't dead, really the only way of knowing your getting a high dose of high quality aerobic bacteria is to have your own culture. But I also think if you go completely natural, over time your body will balance out and there is no need to supplement additional good bacteria. Stop the face washes, stop the harsh chemicals and pills, stop stressing an start taking a more simple approach. Eating clean whole organic foods, exercising at least a half hour a day, get outside get fresh air, SLEEP, and stop putting anything on your acne. Not even tap water. Let your skin heal. Once a week I recommend a face mask of Aztec clay/ACV/Distilled Water. Aztec clay can be found very cheap at health stores. The mask is all you need for a week of cleaning your face, it will balance the pH of your skin, circulates the blood reducing redness, makes and even skin tone. Good luck everyone F acne we need to get rid of it once and for all

If not by using probiotics, then how do you suggest restoring your digestive balance? Also, I try to eat as organic and healthy as reasonably possible but am still experiencing breakouts and oily skin. I really like the fruit and vegetable drinks from Bolthouse Farms. I drink one of them every morning. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Bolthouse tastes great! Unfortunately the real amount of good greens could be much higher. Once I saw how little greens were actually in it I went out and bought a Ninja Pulse and use that to liquefy my vegies (spinach, tomatoes, carrots) and then to bring it up to palatable I use an orange, or some OJ. Is this a pain in the butt, you betcha, but you'll get way better nutrition. Wish there was a simpler solution, but I haven't found it yet. :( Option 2, use Bolthouse as a base and add your own veggies to give it some extra nutritional punch. (also, i read that veggies lose their nutritional value pretty quickly once they get chopped up, so I'm not sure how much nutrition actually makes it from their factory to your store).

MemberMember
(@swiftlever)

Posted : 08/16/2013 12:11 pm

What i'd like overfl00d to help me understand is why some people can neglect their diet for all of their life and have great skin and never suffer from acne whereas some who do eat well suffer? you seem to be saying supplements and nutrition is the sole cause of acne or am i misunderstanding this thread?

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 08/17/2013 4:40 pm

Sooo, Overflood, May I ask what is in your post workout protein shake? I read that you put coconut oil and some flax, but what is in the same itself? I know this post is pretty old. I do believe that diet is related! My skin is improving so much since I started eating a Lower carb diet! Also, did you have any digestion problems before? I am constipated and I'm sure this contributes to my breakouts as well! What would you suggest?