How I Cured My Acne...

Notifications
Clear all

How I Cured My Acne (W/o Medication Or Drugs)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/27/2012 3:53 pm

I tried diet for about 6 months with minimal improvement... I have no side effects from accutane except dry skin...

What foods did you eat? What supplements did you take?

There could be many reasons why it didn't work for you - Something you were doing wasn't right. You could have been eating something you have allergies to. The most common ones are dairy, soy, nuts, and eggs. You have to really pay attention to everything you eat and make sure you're not intolerant to it. I recommend getting a little book and writing everything you eat down in it. Within hours of eating something, if you get burpy, gassy, bloating, heart burn etc, that means you need to eliminate that food.

Also, very important could be you're not absorbing the nutrients well because your bowel system is not functioning properly and/or you have bad bacteria/candida overgrowth. You're going to want to take digestive enzymes (one with lipase) after every meal you eat. Also you need 80-100 billion units of probiotics daily. You're going to have to be more scrupulous with your diet because you have taken powerful drugs before - But you can do it!

Make sure you're getting your EFA's too. A good diet without EFA's is a bad diet. Flaxseed oil is the best source of EFA's and a little bit of fish oil too.

Another tip is, get some apple cider vinegar, and drink a couple tablespoons after every meal. That will make your stomach more acidic and able to digest food better.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/27/2012 6:43 pm

Added a step-by-step list since someone asked.

MemberMember
(@stosstruppen)

Posted : 05/27/2012 7:34 pm

Ok man I wasnt going to go serious on this you know... but since you refused to believe me this is what i tried for 6 MONTHS WITH MINIMAL IMPROVEMENT

Diet: No diary no gluten no nuts no sugar no processed food etc... very little fruit 4 liters of water daily a LOT of vegetables chicken fish and eggs and meat once a week (i am sure i have NO allergies)

Supplements: zinc gluconate 50 mg fish body oils at morning flaxseed oil at night and multivitamins

Other: Gentle face washing with water 2 times a day, changing pillowcases daily, 1-2 hours exercise daily, no touching my face, very little sun exposure, meditation at night, using warm not hot water in shower and only showering 3 minutes

Care to tell me where I went wrong?

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/27/2012 8:03 pm

Ok man I wasnt going to go serious on this you know... but since you refused to believe me this is what i tried for 6 MONTHS WITH MINIMAL IMPROVEMENT

Diet: No diary no gluten no nuts no sugar no processed food etc... very little fruit 4 liters of water daily a LOT of vegetables chicken fish and eggs and meat once a week (i am sure i have NO allergies)

Supplements: zinc gluconate 50 mg fish body oils at morning flaxseed oil at night and multivitamins

Other: Gentle face washing with water 2 times a day, changing pillowcases daily, 1-2 hours exercise daily, no touching my face, very little sun exposure, meditation at night, using warm not hot water in shower and only showering 3 minutes

Care to tell me where I went wrong?

Yes, there are a few things you did wrong.

First, you're going to want to take digestive enzymes and probiotics with every meal. You can be eating the healthiest food in the world, but if your bowels are filled with gunk and impacted fecal matter over taken by bad bacteria/candida over growth, you'll still have problems. You should be taking digestive enzymes to help digest the food for you and probiotics to "take back" your body ecology from all the bad bacteria that's probably brewing inside of you.

I'm going to believe you that you ate healthy for 6 months - but why only 6 months? You should be eating healthy for the rest of your life.

You want to get a better source of EFA's throughout the day. Fish oil alone isn't really the recommended source to take. A blend of Flaxseed oil/fish oil/borage oil is the best balanced EFA to take.

Sun light is good for you. You want lots of sun light! Just make sure not to burn.

Also, you should be getting a low dose of your vitamins and minerals throughout the day. You want to replenish your B vitamins and vitamin C. Just taking one multivitamin, you can't expect to have enough of those water soluble vitamins.

And I don't mind of you go serious. Your health is serious! I'm very confident that people don't need to take powerful drugs to restore their health. Everyone can cure their acne. If you do it the right way and make it your goal to get clear, you will get clear.

MemberMember
(@stosstruppen)

Posted : 05/27/2012 8:09 pm

My combination was; fish oil plus flaxseed... I dont even know what borage is... I have a very good digestive system and im never constipated so fk the enzymes... I took about 15 min of sunlight but no more, combined probably like 30.. I live in an extremely sunny place.. anything else?

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/27/2012 8:20 pm

My combination was; fish oil plus flaxseed... I dont even know what borage is... I have a very good digestive system and im never constipated so fk the enzymes... I took about 15 min of sunlight but no more, combined probably like 30.. I live in an extremely sunny place.. anything else?

I'd love to help you out more, but you seem fixated that you can't solve your problem via the natural route. And your attittude makes you seem like a troll. That being said, I tried to help you. I wish you the best of luck however you decide to try and cure your acne. :)

MemberMember
(@stosstruppen)

Posted : 05/27/2012 8:27 pm

Thank you for your help seriously... just wanted to say... you cant cure all peoples acne by diet and supplements.. I do believe the majority of people could get clear holistically... but for me only accutane did the trick and with no short term side effects... I would rather get chrons disease in 10 years which I highly doubt I get but at least have clear skin because accutane really changed my life... Didnt mean to sound like a troll or anything.. but people need to understand that there is NO single cure... no diet no topical no antibiotic no isotretinoin no supplement nothing... everyone is different and there is nothing that works for everybody and im living proof of that

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/30/2012 12:07 am

Thank you for your help seriously... just wanted to say... you cant cure all peoples acne by diet and supplements.. I do believe the majority of people could get clear holistically... but for me only accutane did the trick and with no short term side effects... I would rather get chrons disease in 10 years which I highly doubt I get but at least have clear skin because accutane really changed my life... Didnt mean to sound like a troll or anything.. but people need to understand that there is NO single cure... no diet no topical no antibiotic no isotretinoin no supplement nothing... everyone is different and there is nothing that works for everybody and im living proof of that

We'll have to agree to disagree. Everyone can cure their acne by fixing their internal system, and that starts with a good healthy diet. I'm completely against Accutane at all costs.

You are right that their is no single cure, and everyone is different; But, the worst route to "cure" acne is taking Accutane (it's not even a cure, just disguises the problem).

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 05/30/2012 9:47 am

i postd ds n body acne messege board bt no 1 rplyd :( so i will try posting here!! i had body acne ( moderate 2 severe acne n face back shoulders upper arms butt n thighs) :( n for d last year my face has been COMPLETELY clear!! :) n i figured ds s coz i stopped taking milk!! but my body acne though reduced dint go away :( dn i started experimenting wd odr food stuff! n now hav stopped taking fruits n no new acne has come on my body for d last month.. just d old ones gtng big n going away.. bt since its not cured completely yet, i m gonna wait for another month wdout fruits bfre cmng 2 conclusion!! so dats all i changed frm my diet.. stopped taking fruits n milk.. n i hav never ever taken any medicne n all i use s aleovera gel for my face..

ps: i m 19yr old asian n had acne since 12..

looking frwd 2 ur view @overflood :)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/31/2012 9:28 pm

i postd ds n body acne messege board bt no 1 rplyd sad.png so i will try posting here!! i had body acne ( moderate 2 severe acne n face back shoulders upper arms butt n thighs) sad.png n for d last year my face has been COMPLETELY clear!! smile.png n i figured ds s coz i stopped taking milk!! but my body acne though reduced dint go away sad.png dn i started experimenting wd odr food stuff! n now hav stopped taking fruits n no new acne has come on my body for d last month.. just d old ones gtng big n going away.. bt since its not cured completely yet, i m gonna wait for another month wdout fruits bfre cmng 2 conclusion!! so dats all i changed frm my diet.. stopped taking fruits n milk.. n i hav never ever taken any medicne n all i use s aleovera gel for my face..

ps: i m 19yr old asian n had acne since 12..

looking frwd 2 ur view @overflood smile.png

I would suggest cutting out grains from your diet as well and replace them with fresh vegetables. Grains like rice, bread, oatmeal spike your insulin as fruits do.

Seems like you were intolerant to milk since your face cleared up after eliminating that; have you eliminated all dairy such as cheese, yogurt, etc?

Keep testing out what other food allergies you might have. Start eating simple foods and start figuring what you can and can not tolerate. If you eat a food and within hours you get gassy, bloating, burping, heart burn, etc. you need to eliminate whatever you ate as well.

I also suggest supplementing with zinc picolinate 50mg, Vitamin A 20,000 IU, and EFA's. I recommend getting on the healthy start pack which has all your vitamins to strengthen your immune system and the very important EFA's. Good luck. smile.png

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 06/01/2012 10:41 am

overfl00d,

would you reccomend drinking green tea daily as well?

Also, after sticking to your diet/routine, how long did it take to see results? I know you said you can't expecting immediate results, but i think you would. Especially since you are cutting out all grains, and supplementing like mad. Results had to be immediate! I've been soy free for a year. I rarely eat gluten and I eat tons of vegetables and fruits. When i took out soy from my diet I saw immediate results.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 06/01/2012 1:17 pm

would you reccomend drinking green tea daily as well?

Yes, green tea is a very good source of anti-oxidants. I drink it myself daily. smile.png

Also, after sticking to your diet/routine, how long did it take to see results? I know you said you can't expecting immediate results, but i think you would.

Everyone is different, so depending how far deep the rabbit hole you are, the longer it will take to heal the inner system. For myself, I saw results pretty quick - Within weeks. But again, everyone is different and for some it could take months - Especially if your bowel system is filled with gunk and holes and a over growth of bad bacteria.

I've been soy free for a year. I rarely eat gluten and I eat tons of vegetables and fruits. When i took out soy from my diet I saw immediate results.

Nice. I think a lot of people don't realize is they could have allergies to some of the common culprits such as: dairy, soy, gluten, nuts, etc.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 06/01/2012 7:36 pm

i dont think soy is an allergy though. I think its what is in it - antinutrients, lectins, and most importantly- phytoestrogens.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 06/01/2012 11:02 pm

i dont think soy is an allergy though. I think its what is in it - antinutrients, lectins, and most importantly- phytoestrogens.

"Soy is one of the top 8 food allergens in the world."

"Soy allergy is an immune system response to soy protein that the body mistakenly believes is harmful. Once the immune system decides that soy protein is harmful, it creates specific antibodies to it. The next time the individual eats soy, the immune system releases massive amounts of chemicals, including histamine, in order to protect the body. These chemicals trigger a cascade of allergic symptoms that can affect the respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, or cardiovascular system. The symptoms of soy allergy will only occur upon re-exposure to soy. Not all soy products may cause soy allergy."

http://rfox.hubpages.com/hub/Soy-Allergy-and-Foods-To-Avoid

http://www.soya.be/soy-allergy.php

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 06/02/2012 12:19 pm

Sorry, i misspoke. I meant to say that I dont think soy is an allergy for ME.

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 06/02/2012 3:43 pm

yeah all forms f dairy.. bt i do eat cheese n yogurt occasionally.. i think evry1 shud maintain a food journal! dat ways they can find it easier 2 check out which food they r intolerant 2!!

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 06/03/2012 11:01 am

i got 2 new acne n my back tdy after so long :( i kept on wondering y.. n i guess its cause f d snickers i had yday.. but i find it hard 2 believe coz i ate dry fruits aftr so long n i cant break out jst coz f one snicker!! dn i remembered u saying suger myt b a factor.. n evry morning i drink lemon juice wid 2 tablespoons f honey.. so shud i stop taking honey??

y cant it go away.. :(

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 06/04/2012 1:39 am

i got 2 new acne n my back tdy after so long sad.png i kept on wondering y.. n i guess its cause f d snickers i had yday.. but i find it hard 2 believe coz i ate dry fruits aftr so long n i cant break out jst coz f one snicker!! dn i remembered u saying suger myt b a factor.. n evry morning i drink lemon juice wid 2 tablespoons f honey.. so shud i stop taking honey??

y cant it go away.. sad.png

Yeah, when you spike your insulin by eating high-sugar foods, most acne-prone people will break out. You say you're eating dry druits too? Most dry fruits are pretty high on sugar as well.

The lemon juice you drink, is it freshly squeezed? Or is it some store bought lemon juice - those are high in sugar as well. Honey will also spike your insulin since honey is pure fructose. Fresh lemon in water is really good for you though.

Anything that will spike your insulin will be problematic. Try getting some Whey Protein so you won't have cravings for sugar!

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 06/04/2012 10:48 am

nah its freshly squeezed! i will start adding salt instead f honey.. hope it helps.. :)

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 06/04/2012 11:09 am

also f u dont mind me askng.. has the diet thing completely cured your acne?? or do u still get the occasional pimple??

i wanted 2 knw is diet the cause of acne or it just inflames d acne which s already there??

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 06/06/2012 4:48 pm

also f u dont mind me askng.. has the diet thing completely cured your acne?? or do u still get the occasional pimple??

i wanted 2 knw is diet the cause of acne or it just inflames d acne which s already there??

Once you cure your system, you can eat the occasional chocolate cake and not worry about having to break out! My acne is completely cured. But that doesn't mean I start to eat unhealthy: I still eat healthy food everyday. It's a major shift in mentality to eat healthy for the rest of your life. I see a lot of people complaining that it's too hard to eat healthy. I think it's easy! Once you learn how to cook, you can make delicious meals - Even better tasting than all the junk people think they have to live with.

MemberMember
(@ramblinrose)

Posted : 06/06/2012 6:15 pm

wow, this is a lot of info to digest. thank u to everyone 4 ur input! my issue i think is lack of a proper, healthy diet. i also think the noxzema i have been using for a long time has been irritating my skin due to the eucalyptus oil. so i will have to try something completely natural and ACV for toner and natural moisturizer. i expect my outbreaks to become less frequent. then when i get my diet under control, voila! clear skin all the time! i hope to have good news to report by then end of this year.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 06/07/2012 9:04 pm

wow, this is a lot of info to digest. thank u to everyone 4 ur input! my issue i think is lack of a proper, healthy diet. i also think the noxzema i have been using for a long time has been irritating my skin due to the eucalyptus oil. so i will have to try something completely natural and ACV for toner and natural moisturizer. i expect my outbreaks to become less frequent. then when i get my diet under control, voila! clear skin all the time! i hope to have good news to report by then end of this year.

Good luck! A healthy diet is the most fundementally important thing you can do for your body. Think of your body as a car almost. If you're not putting clean gas in it, but polluted dirty gas; your car will start to suffer! What you put inside your body is VERY, very important. Acne is like the check engine light in the car - It's letting you know something is up. Hope it all works out for you!

MemberMember
(@ramblinrose)

Posted : 06/14/2012 9:44 pm

nice analogy! i hadnt thought of it like that, ur right!

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 06/15/2012 11:22 pm

nice analogy! i hadnt thought of it like that, ur right!

Indeed. :)