How I Cured My Acne...

Notifications
Clear all

How I Cured My Acne (W/o Medication Or Drugs)

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 02/15/2012 5:10 pm

Alrighty, people. I've edited some posts and removed others. Healthy disagreement is welcomed, bickering is not. Stay on topic. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 02/22/2012 6:51 pm

Yes much evidence points acne to an internal disease. I'm 21, got fed up at 19 and put the hammer down. I have no idea how people just let it slide through their 20's..30's..I can't stand 1 day with acne let alone years. I had very severe acne, all over my face, neck, back, chest etc. Growing up I ate strictly for taste just like most americans, I now eat for health. I've been eating all organic whole foods for 2 years now. I cleared all my crazy acne about 6-8 months into detoxing my body. I was like you though and went mad, endless researching, buying tons of vitamins products anything you think will make your body more healthy.. when in the end your doing more harm then good.

When I see you taking all those vitamins, I say "oh boy, he's doing what i did." You will learn. All of that is garbage, complete waste of money and doesn't do the good your looking for. Tweaking with your body even with vitamins is sketchy business, and just like a plant, if we get too many nutrients they become toxic. All medications, facial scrubs and what not just prolong the problem. When you put that BP on your face, or pop that minocycline pill from the Doc, you just guaranteed acne to stick around.

The real way to cure acne is to restore your intestinal flora to the proper amounts. Aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, also known as good and bad bacteria. The only way for that to happen is a properly cleaned and functioning system. Juicing/Green smoothies each morning to flush out metals and other toxins, cleaning organs. Eating mostly raw food throughout the day. Have one large cooked meal for dinner, and take a good digestive enzyme. If you don't have the correct ratio of intestinal flora, it doesn't matter what food your eating or what vitamins your taking, your body will never receive them, the anaerobic bacteria will ingest it all leaving you malnourished, even if you are plenty of food.

And I'm on the fence about probiotics. It's hard to believe the probiotics on the shelf in the store aren't dead, really the only way of knowing your getting a high dose of high quality aerobic bacteria is to have your own culture. But I also think if you go completely natural, over time your body will balance out and there is no need to supplement additional good bacteria. Stop the face washes, stop the harsh chemicals and pills, stop stressing an start taking a more simple approach. Eating clean whole organic foods, exercising at least a half hour a day, get outside get fresh air, SLEEP, and stop putting anything on your acne. Not even tap water. Let your skin heal. Once a week I recommend a face mask of Aztec clay/ACV/Distilled Water. Aztec clay can be found very cheap at health stores. The mask is all you need for a week of cleaning your face, it will balance the pH of your skin, circulates the blood reducing redness, makes and even skin tone. Good luck everyone F acne we need to get rid of it once and for all :)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 02/23/2012 8:58 am

Yes much evidence points acne to an internal disease. I'm 21, got fed up at 19 and put the hammer down. I have no idea how people just let it slide through their 20's..30's..I can't stand 1 day with acne let alone years. I had very severe acne, all over my face, neck, back, chest etc. Growing up I ate strictly for taste just like most americans, I now eat for health. I've been eating all organic whole foods for 2 years now. I cleared all my crazy acne about 6-8 months into detoxing my body. I was like you though and went mad, endless researching, buying tons of vitamins products anything you think will make your body more healthy.. when in the end your doing more harm then good.

When I see you taking all those vitamins, I say "oh boy, he's doing what i did." You will learn. All of that is garbage, complete waste of money and doesn't do the good your looking for. Tweaking with your body even with vitamins is sketchy business, and just like a plant, if we get too many nutrients they become toxic. All medications, facial scrubs and what not just prolong the problem. When you put that BP on your face, or pop that minocycline pill from the Doc, you just guaranteed acne to stick around.

The real way to cure acne is to restore your intestinal flora to the proper amounts. Aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, also known as good and bad bacteria. The only way for that to happen is a properly cleaned and functioning system. Juicing/Green smoothies each morning to flush out metals and other toxins, cleaning organs. Eating mostly raw food throughout the day. Have one large cooked meal for dinner, and take a good digestive enzyme. If you don't have the correct ratio of intestinal flora, it doesn't matter what food your eating or what vitamins your taking, your body will never receive them, the anaerobic bacteria will ingest it all leaving you malnourished, even if you are plenty of food.

And I'm on the fence about probiotics. It's hard to believe the probiotics on the shelf in the store aren't dead, really the only way of knowing your getting a high dose of high quality aerobic bacteria is to have your own culture. But I also think if you go completely natural, over time your body will balance out and there is no need to supplement additional good bacteria. Stop the face washes, stop the harsh chemicals and pills, stop stressing an start taking a more simple approach. Eating clean whole organic foods, exercising at least a half hour a day, get outside get fresh air, SLEEP, and stop putting anything on your acne. Not even tap water. Let your skin heal. Once a week I recommend a face mask of Aztec clay/ACV/Distilled Water. Aztec clay can be found very cheap at health stores. The mask is all you need for a week of cleaning your face, it will balance the pH of your skin, circulates the blood reducing redness, makes and even skin tone. Good luck everyone F acne we need to get rid of it once and for all smile.png

Hi TheHoper.

That's exactly what I thought too - How can people let acne slide into their 20's, 30's, 40's, etc... To be honest, it's probably that they've given up hope. They bought into all the large company propaganda about "slather product X and your acne will be cured!" Acne is completely an internal problem. And with the right health choices and a healthy life style - everyone can cure their acne.

I'll have to completely disagree with you though that vitamins are "garbage, complete waste of money and doesn't do the good your looking for." That is just so far from the truth! Almost EVERYONE is deficient in most of the vitamins... Your body can heal itself. It doesn't need pharmaceutical drugs or chemicals -The body just needs the right building blocks to do it. For example, zinc: Pretty much everyone is deficient in zinc. Zinc works WONDERS for acne. If you're not supplementing in zinc, I can guarantee you you're not getting it from the foods you are eating.

Probiotics are also very important, as you say. To have a healthy system, you can't have a sewer sludge inside of your body. I recommend everyone with or without acne to take probiotics. As far as knowing if the culture are dead or not - you just have to get a good brand from a trustworthy company.

I probably should add something in my post about juicing. Juicing is a powerful health strategy.

Thanks for the input. smile.png

MemberMember
(@kiton23)

Posted : 03/17/2012 4:23 am

i want to adjust my diet as well to see if it will help clear my acne. I weight train 3 days a week and do hitt cardio 2 days a week. My diet consists of lots of fruits, veggies, and water. But i also have grains for my carb needs. How to you have the energy for workouts if you don't cunsume any grains? what do you substitute it with. For instance, i eat oatmeal for breakfast, have a sandwich with whole wheat/grain bread, and brown rice for dinner after workout days. I want to eliminate grains from my diet as well, to experiment if it will help my breakouts. But what foods do you eat to give you enough energy for your workouts if you dont eat any grains??

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/09/2012 12:24 pm

i want to adjust my diet as well to see if it will help clear my acne. I weight train 3 days a week and do hitt cardio 2 days a week. My diet consists of lots of fruits, veggies, and water. But i also have grains for my carb needs. How to you have the energy for workouts if you don't cunsume any grains? what do you substitute it with. For instance, i eat oatmeal for breakfast, have a sandwich with whole wheat/grain bread, and brown rice for dinner after workout days. I want to eliminate grains from my diet as well, to experiment if it will help my breakouts. But what foods do you eat to give you enough energy for your workouts if you dont eat any grains??

Hi there, sorry for the late response smile.png.

Oatmeal is a terrible thing to have for breakfast. It spikes your insulin and the grains have been so highly processed that company's are required by law to add in the vitamins it originally had (and they only add a miniscule amount). The best thing you can have for breakfast is eggs and vegetables. Eggs are extremely healthy, in fact considered the healthiest food in the world. Careful how you cook them though. Either soft poached, soft boiled, or lightly scrambled in butter (not margarine) is the best way to cook them. Secret is to not over-cook the yolk. Personally I eat 4-5 eggs a day.

Energy comes from fat. Good fats. You want to stop getting energy from simple carbohydrates and revert your system to getting its energy from fats. Once you stop the intake of insulin spiking foods, your body will turn into a ketone state. You want to douse your foods in good fats. You can use olive oil, butter, coconut oil on your foods. Personally, I put olive oil or butter on my vegetables. What I recommend everyone to do is supplement the EFA's (Essential Fatty Acid's) directly. Omega 3's and 6's are essential to the body (note the name!). Get some Flax Seed Oil or Hemp Seed Oil. If you get the capsule form, 6-9 a day. The liquid form you can just put some tablespoons in your drinks. Also, you can buy some Golden Flax seeds, crush them in a coffee grinder, and put them on your salads, etc...

Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kiton23)

Posted : 05/11/2012 9:33 am

I guess I should remove all breads, wheat, grains, rice etc.... From my diet? What would be a sample of what you eat daily? I really want to try a more natural way to treat my acne. Thanks for your reply

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/12/2012 6:04 am

I guess I should remove all breads, wheat, grains, rice etc.... From my diet? What would be a sample of what you eat daily? I really want to try a more natural way to treat my acne. Thanks for your reply

Yes, that would be an extremely healthy step in the right direction. Replace all those simple carbohydrates with complex carbohydrates such as vegetables. I like cruciferous vegetables and avoid: carrtos, beats, corn, and white pototoes, due to their high GI index. Keep fruits minimum.

I eat lots of vegetables, eggs, fish, nuts, soups, green smoothies, protein shakes, just to name a few. :)

MemberMember
(@kiton23)

Posted : 05/12/2012 8:24 am

Would you ever consider introducing those foods back or atleaste consuming then once in a while. What about chicken breast? Dairy??? Such as yogurt or cheese? I already eat lots of almonds so that wouldn't change. I def want to give this a try and see if diet affects my acne. Do you eat often? How many meals a day? How long have you been eating this way? Sorry for all the questions :-)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/12/2012 7:44 pm

Would you ever consider introducing those foods back or atleaste consuming then once in a while. What about chicken breast? Dairy??? Such as yogurt or cheese? I already eat lots of almonds so that wouldn't change. I def want to give this a try and see if diet affects my acne. Do you eat often? How many meals a day? How long have you been eating this way? Sorry for all the questions whistling.gif)

It's ok to eat them once in a while. Maybe once a week at minimum I would say. Instead of thinking of a potatoe as a main course, you have to think of it as a treat. With good moderation, you can indulge once in a while.

My method is to hack into the brain wiring. The only reason people crave grains like breads and cakes is because they're protein deficient. Drink 2 scoops of protein and you won't feel like eating that cake. If I see a delicious cake in front of me, and I really want to eat it, I'll drink some Whey protein. Will power is hard to fight, But you don't need will power. Think of cravings as a signal of what your body needs. Grains - Drink/eat protein. Greasy fat food - Take your EFA's.

Chicken is ok, however be weary. Big company produced chickens are injected with hormones and they're fed crappy food with even arsenic added on purpose. Same thing with yogurt. If you live near a organic farm where they sell fresh dairy, that would be great.

Do I eat often? I would say I eat a normal amount of food. I do workout a lot so I increase my uptake of protein. I should also add that creatine and arginine is a extremely beneficial supplement to take as well if you workout (which everyone should!).

In a nutshell, you want to be eating lots of vegetables and a ample amount of protein.

MemberMember
(@starlitskies)

Posted : 05/13/2012 2:36 am

Oh, what the heck, I might as well throw my two cents in here ;)

First off, most milk you see these days in the store are "hormone free", meaning the cows aren't injected with tons and tons of hormones. The reason dairy is bad is because it comes from nursing cows - which means tons of hormones are naturally found in milk. However, obviously organic is better than the pasturized stuff, but dairy is completely bad either way in my opinion. Although, fresh milk definitely tastes better! (We used to get it still warm from the cow from a friend of ours... I always had to wait until it was cold to be able to drink it though :P)

Secondly, any one of the vitamins you are taking could have been the thing that cured you. So, while spiking your insulin is definitely bad, and there's wisdom in much of what you say - you shouldn't be so quick to point to exactly what it was that cured you.

Okay and last up I have a question. How can nutrient dense and fiber rich grains spike your insulin? Everyone always talks about how bad ALL grains are, yet whole oatmeal actually digests very slowly, and thus doesn't spike your blood sugar levels.

Oh yeah, I found this too "Most studies show that oatmeal does not contain gluten. However, oats still may not be a safe option for those with a severe gluten allergy." And also, "In the United States, many farms and storage facilities do use the same silos and equipment to grow, store and process oatmeal and other grains. It is widely believed that U.S. produced oatmeal will have some level of cross contamination." So gluten isn't found naturally in oatmeal, but due to cross contamination it can be in there. However, I kind of doubt it would cause acne unless you were, like it says, very allergic to gluten.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/13/2012 4:35 am

First off, most milk you see these days in the store are "hormone free", meaning the cows aren't injected with tons and tons of hormones. The reason dairy is bad is because it comes from nursing cows - which means tons of hormones are naturally found in milk.

You are right that many brands have stopped the use of rBGH, but that isn't the only reason why the dairy you find in all super markets are bad for you. The reason is that they have all been pasterized and they are fed grains(instead of grass) and they are given mass antibiotics (because of poor living conditions and the grains they are fed). They have to pasterize the milk because they are given so much antibiotics, the bacteria become immune and the cows get sick and die early; Painful bacterial infection of the udder which causes inflammation, swelling,and pus and blood secretions into milk.

Also worth mentioning is in the old days, if feces ever got into the milk production, they would have to dump all the milk out. With pasterization, they leave all the feces, pus, blood, ect.

Secondly, any one of the vitamins you are taking could have been the thing that cured you. So, while spiking your insulin is definitely bad, and there's wisdom in much of what you say - you shouldn't be so quick to point to exactly what it was that cured you.

It's not any one vitamin that cures people - It's the whole package. Taking zinc alone, or just vitamin A will be extremely beneficial for your health than not taking any at all; however, I recommend people to intake all essential 90 vitamins and minerals,including their EFA's, probiotics, exercise, proper breathing, and eating a healthy diet. The point is to make your body inhospitable to diseases - Which includes acne.

Okay and last up I have a question. How can nutrient dense and fiber rich grains spike your insulin? Everyone always talks about how bad ALL grains are, yet whole oatmeal actually digests very slowly, and thus doesn't spike your blood sugar levels.

There are indeed some benefits to eating grains such as getting a few vitamins like B vitamins and vitamin E but the anti-nutrients, and heavy-carb nature of grains heavily outweighs the minor benefits. Grains are completely and utterly pointless in the context of a healthy diet. They contain Lectins, Gluten, and Phytates which are all problematic to a persons health. Humans were never meant to eat grains. In fact, as soon as civilization started consuming grains because of the invention of farming and agriculture, that's when health problems started arriving.

You're much better off eating a salad.

Read more here http://www.marksdail.../#axzz1ujpHHuhd

Oh yeah, I found this too "Most studies show that oatmeal does not contain gluten. However, oats still may not be a safe option for those with a severe gluten allergy." And also, "In the United States, many farms and storage facilities do use the same silos and equipment to grow, store and process oatmeal and other grains. It is widely believed that U.S. produced oatmeal will have some level of cross contamination." So gluten isn't found naturally in oatmeal, but due to cross contamination it can be in there. However, I kind of doubt it would cause acne unless you were, like it says, very allergic to gluten.

You are right that oats don't contain gluten, but that's not the reason why they're not healthy for you (besides the fact that as you mentioned almost all oatmeal has been cross contaminated). The avenin protein has similar effects to gluten. (Lundin, K et al (2003) Oats induced villous atrophy in coeliac disease. Gut. 52: 1649-1652. and Haboubi NY et al (2006) Coeliac disease and oats: a systematic review. Postgraduate Med J. 82: 672-678.)

It is also high in carbs and phytic acid (anti nutrient).

I would say oatmeal isn't the worst of the grains, but it is still not a 'health food'. You're better off eating eggs and veggies or a salad for breakfast.

MemberMember
(@starlitskies)

Posted : 05/13/2012 12:44 pm

Thanks! You have lots of good information :)

MemberMember
(@rachel80)

Posted : 05/14/2012 12:25 am

I'm glad your regimen worked out for you and took the time to share your experience.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/14/2012 2:19 am

Thanks! You have lots of good information smile.png

I'm glad your regimen worked out for you and took the time to share your experience.

No problem, and thank you. :)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/18/2012 10:08 pm

Updated with some new info.

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 05/19/2012 12:03 am

I'm so surprised you mentioned to cut out starchy vegetables like peas, i have been eating peas for a while now and always wondered if it was doing anything..

But i wanna ask you something...is your meat, fish and eggs that you eat organic? Do you think it matters? And how do you cook your vegetables?

I always stir fry my vegetables but now i am thinking of just steaming them so they are more healthy.

I just cut out grains and dairy from my diet completely...I hope i see a difference.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/19/2012 12:24 am

I'm so surprised you mentioned to cut out starchy vegetables like peas, i have been eating peas for a while now and always wondered if it was doing anything..

Hi Jenny,

Yeah, starchy vegetables gets converted into sugar. Beats, Carrots, Corn, White Potatoes, Peas, Parsnip are some common culprits. People love these vegetabables because they're sweet, and they taste good! Brocolli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Cabbage are some examples of excellent veggies to eat.

But i wanna ask you something...is your meat, fish and eggs that you eat organic? Do you think it matters?

Yes, I try to buy organic food. Some companies who claim to be 'organic' can be quite deceptive though. Many egg brands claim to be organic, but in reality they're just the same as normal eggs. This website rates different types of organic egg brands. http://www.cornucopi...-egg-scorecard/

I always stir fry my vegetables but now i am thinking of just steaming them so they are more healthy.

That would be a good move. Stir frying isn't really good. Frying any food isn't really good unfortunately. Steaming is the best way to cook your vegetables. Just a light steam though, careful not to overcook them.

I just cut out grains and dairy from my diet completely...I hope i see a difference.

Let me know how it goes! I also advise to supplement with your EFA's, probiotics, and vitamins/minerals if you aren't already. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 05/19/2012 1:08 am

Hi Jenny,

Yeah, starchy vegetables gets converted into sugar. Beats, Carrots, Corn, White Potatoes, Peas, Parsnip are some common culprits. People love these vegetabables because they're sweet, and they taste good! Brocolli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Cabbage are some examples of excellent veggies to eat.

But i wanna ask you something...is your meat, fish and eggs that you eat organic? Do you think it matters?

Yes, I try to buy organic food. Some companies who claim to be 'organic' can be quite deceptive though. Many egg brands claim to be organic, but in reality they're just the same as normal eggs. This website rates different types of organic egg brands. http://www.cornucopi...-egg-scorecard/

That would be a good move. Stir frying isn't really good. Frying any food isn't really good unfortunately. Steaming is the best way to cook your vegetables. Just a light steam though, careful not to overcook them.

Let me know how it goes! I also advise to supplement with your EFA's, probiotics, and vitamins/minerals if you aren't already. Good luck!

Thanks..hopefully when I find a job i can afford the extra stuff. But for now I am gonna try to work with what I have.

You say carrots are starchy? I didn't know that...I knew they had a lot of sugar in them though. I am gonna cut them out of my diet though just to be sure.

Sometimes I get organic eggs but i don't have a job right now so im just gonna get the regular. I spent all my money on acne products : / haha

But i will give this diet thing 3 months so hopefully I will see a change in my acne!

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/19/2012 3:21 am

Good luck! Just remember everyone reacts differently to different foods. The common intolerant ones are Eggs, Soy, Nuts, and Dairy. Make a diary and record all the food you eat. If you get bloated, gassy, upset stomach, ect. within hours of eating a food that means you probably can not tolerate that food.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/22/2012 1:13 pm

Thought this post was interesting relating Acne and its history. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/311079-the-history-of-acne/page__pid__3215765#entry3215765

MemberMember
(@stosstruppen)

Posted : 05/25/2012 9:47 pm

I did exactly this eating only fruits vegetables chicken eggs meat and water plus zinc and other minerals and vitamins and I saw little improvement in my acne... the only thing that cleared was accutane, i have mild acne

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/25/2012 10:39 pm

I did exactly this eating only fruits vegetables chicken eggs meat and water plus zinc and other minerals and vitamins and I saw little improvement in my acne... the only thing that cleared was accutane, i have mild acne

So are you saying you did this a long time ago then went on Accutane? And you went on Accutane for mild acne?? Sorry to hear you had to do that!

You see, it takes time for your body to heal itself. You can't expect a magic 1 week cure. There are no magic cures - Not even Accutane. Accutane is a poison. Literally it is: it's how your body processes it. Accutane is the worst thing you can do for acne, I'm sorry to say and here's why:

Accutane is only masking the symptom of acne. There are a lot more deeper, internal issues percolating within the body. It's not just an excess of sebum being excreted by your oil glands - That's just a symptom. It's a lot more in-depth than that. All Accutane is doing is shutting down the oil producing glands which is just putting a piece of tape over the check engine light - So to say. People who have taken Accutane are going to be suffering much worse degenerative diseases down the road, because they didn't solve the cause. Not to mention the horrendous side effects that happen while taking or shortly after taking the drug. Many people lose their hair, some commit suicide, horrendous birth defects (even years after taking the drugs), liver damage, Chron's disease, and much much more. And this is admitted by the company's itself! Is it really worth doing that to your body? I myself would say absolutely not. Curing your body the natural way with ZERO negative side effects is the path I chose to take.

I didn't go into the nitty gritty, biological details into what's causing acne to happen - I just laid out a foundation that will help cure the system internally. It takes time. You have to repair digestive health, bowel health, proper functioning lymph/liver/kidney's, clean blood, just to name a few. The more damaged your system is, the longer it will take to heal.

I don't know how much damage Accutane has done to you, but you'll have to have more special care - which I'll admit I'm not experienced with. However, it doesn't hurt to stay with a healthy diet and still repair your system. You should even be extra vigilant eating healthy and getting the proper nutrition to prevent any worse degenerative disease from occurring if you have taken/taking Accutane.

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 05/26/2012 12:39 am

So are you saying you did this a long time ago then went on Accutane? And you went on Accutane for mild acne?? Sorry to hear you had to do that!

You see, it takes time for your body to heal itself. You can't expect a magic 1 week cure. There are no magic cures - Not even Accutane. Accutane is a poison. Literally it is: it's how your body processes it. Accutane is the worst thing you can do for acne, I'm sorry to say and here's why:

Accutane is only masking the symptom of acne. There are a lot more deeper, internal issues percolating within the body. It's not just an excess of sebum being excreted by your oil glands - That's just a symptom. It's a lot more in-depth than that. All Accutane is doing is shutting down the oil producing glands which is just putting a piece of tape over the check engine light - So to say. People who have taken Accutane are going to be suffering much worse degenerative diseases down the road, because they didn't solve the cause. Not to mention the horrendous side effects that happen while taking or shortly after taking the drug. Many people lose their hair, some commit suicide, horrendous birth defects (even years after taking the drugs), liver damage, Chron's disease, and much much more. And this is admitted by the company's itself! Is it really worth doing that to your body? I myself would say absolutely not. Curing your body the natural way with ZERO negative side effects is the path I chose to take.

I didn't go into the nitty gritty, biological details into what's causing acne to happen - I just laid out a foundation that will help cure the system internally. It takes time. You have to repair digestive health, bowel health, proper functioning lymph/liver/kidney's, clean blood, just to name a few. The more damaged your system is, the longer it will take to heal.

I don't know how much damage Accutane has done to you, but you'll have to have more special care - which I'll admit I'm not experienced with. However, it doesn't hurt to stay with a healthy diet and still repair your system. You should even be more extra vigilant eating healthy and getting the proper nutrition to prevent any worse degenerative disease from occurring.

blah blah blah. Way back when about 3 years ago when my acne was severe I took accutane and it cleared me up (however I didnt finish my course and it was a low dose course) and my acne DID come back. However I was clear/mild acne for 2 1/2 years and then my acne in the past 6 months exploded to moderate level (bad but not as bad as before). At this point I also went gluten and dairy free for 2-3monthsand ate vegetables with every meal, occasional fruits, juicing every week. I also started excessive vitamen supplementation (b5 l carnitine l cystiene EFAs zinc vitamen C fiber supplements probiotics milk thistle etc.) to the point that I was taking 10-20 pills day. I was DETERmined to get rid of my acne and did this strictly for 6~weeks and I tried to get as much sleep as possible (I am a first year medical student so sleep is hard to come by).

Well guess what....MY (NON acne prone) SKIN did look really nice and I lost weight

BUT I never stopped breaking out. Actually, I think it may have gotten a little worse. Also, I was MISERABLE because I could not eat anything I once enjoyed (pastas, i am italian, cheese, cake....I did eat these things in moderation before but cutting them out for 2-3months was horrible, my diet before also was pretty healthy but I had cheat days where I ate this fun stuff).

Nevertheless I just started a second accutane course and am determined to finish this one at high dosage. So PLEASE get off your high horse and stop lecturing some of us who said who tried this and it didnt work. You are creating uneccessary suffering and self-blame for users who read and try this and have it fail for them.

Accutane has been shown and scientifically proven to clear so many with acne, many permanently. I am tired of this alternative BS (in my opinion) and am just going to go with what is proven to work. I have wasted so much time trying to treat this acne naturally while I put a second accutane course on hold (this caused me to acquire some shallow scars I could have prevented if I took accutane earlier). So go promote your natural alternative way. Sure, it may work for some but don't go putting down another statistically proven treatment at the same time, especially since your methods obviously don't work for everyone.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 05/26/2012 1:09 am

I fully expected people such as yourself, who have taken Accutane, to be on the offensive about this. I call it as it is. You can't argue with facts. Sadly, Accutane is a poison. I'm not "creating uneccessary suffering and self-blame" by just pointing out the truth that some people don't want to hear. I'm warning other people of the dangers of Accutane. Do you want people to poison themselves such as you did? I'm terribly sorry that you were misguided and felt that your only other option was to take a powerful drug. Instead of defending the use of Accutane, you should do some research and help other people not make the same mistake you did.

What you are saying is, you only ate healthy for 2-3 months. So you've eaten unhealthy for, I don't know how old you are, but decades most likely. It's people with your mindset that causes them such grief: we as a society have been so conditioned to think that eating food is for "pleasure and fun" when that is exactly opposite of the truth. We eat food for nutrition and energy. That's it. If you're suffering from acne, you're going to have to reverse your mindset. It's not easy. You'll have to recondition yourself. I was the same exact way, but now I LOVE eating healthy food. I enjoy it. Of course it's ok to have some pleasure from time to time with some food you love but that comes after you've repaired your gut, fixed digestion, killed off candida and fungus overgrowth, and regenerated your kidney's and liver to optimal health.

Accutane has been shown and scientifically proven to clear so many with acne

It is true that Accutane can clear acne, but like I stated it's only masking a symptom and not curing the cause. Not only does it harm your body, Acne reoccurs for many people! I can fully understand why you'd be on the offensive on this issue because you're taking Accutane yourself. And you even said yourself "I am tired of this alternative BS." You've already chosen your path. Nonetheless I wish you the best of luck. smile.png

MemberMember
(@stosstruppen)

Posted : 05/27/2012 1:00 pm

I tried diet for about 6 months with minimal improvement... I have no side effects from accutane except dry skin...