I found my ACNE CUR...

Notifications
Clear all

I found my ACNE CURE!!!!

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 06/30/2013 6:39 am

I just want to warn whoever is trying this... be careful with the fiber you use... I started taking psyllium husk and it gave me severe constipation because apparently I was not taking enough water, even though I was drinking in surplus of 4L a day. The constipation resulted in deep, painful acne all around my lip / mouth area, I assume because the toxins that would normally be eliminated through stool were purging through my skin. As soon as I went off psyllium the pimples stopped coming in. I've gone off probiotic supplements since then just to be on the safe side, and now I just drink homemade kefir 2x a day, which I'd been doing for a while prior. Seems to help a bit, but it's no cure. Maybe someday I'll give probiotic supplements another shot, but this time I'll probably take it slower and get my fiber from more wholesome sources (e.g. Raisin Bran... lol)

MemberMember
(@glyn8988)

Posted : 10/23/2013 7:36 pm

have just ordered mu fiber and probiotics..

i miss going to the gym which my skin wont allow me to do

if this works i litterally find you and worship you for the rest of my life

MemberMember
(@blazext)

Posted : 10/24/2013 8:59 am

Really glad I came accross this topic.

I took accutane for 6 months last year and finished around November. I've had an acne free 9 months, it's amazing how quickly you forget about acne when it's gone from your life. It's been a great 9 months. I Tried various other antibiotics prior to that over the course of about 5 years. Prior to taking accutane I really worked hard with my diet and did kickboxing so was fit as a fiddle but made no difference so I was desperate.

The past 9 months I'd say I've drank more alcohol and not had as good a diet as usual, as well as less exercise. All bad things I wouldn't usually do when I had acne, I guess it was driving the healthy lean and clean lifestyle..

I thought I was all clear so didn't worry too much, but the last 3 weeks I've had a steady rise of acne again to the point where I'm now "business as usual" with my skin, really small pimples all over my nose and around the nose. Irritated dry skin, worst in the mornings after a shower.

I guess it's a wake up call for myself. I can't eat and drink what I want and I must ensure I'm physically fit as I can be. Acne is my body's way of saying there's something wrong and I believe it now more than ever.

I've always thought that its been diet related, i suffer with an itchy backside whenever it flares up and something just doesn't feel right with my digestive system/bowls. Derms always tell me it's rubbish and that its not diet or gut related. I'm willing to give this a try and hence I've ordered the now products suggested.

As much as accutane worked short term and the derm said I may need to take it several times, I don't like the side effects, although mine were minor, I still had all the general ones which are really annoying, dry lips, dry eyelids, muscle fatigue, tiredness, and the most annoying soft skin that blisters and cuts too easily. Accutane will be the final backup plan if all else fails.

Hope this works for me as it has for others. I will let you all know. Should arrive sometime next week.

MemberMember
(@alex13)

Posted : 10/25/2013 4:56 am

Interesting.

Let us work together in a [detective way] and find out why probiotics / fiber / zinc seem to cure that guy and cause for some even worse problems.

I`m gonna tell you guys what I know, so you can figure out something :

1. Zinc may cause breakouts for some people ( I don`t know why, might be the type of zinc, etc )

2. Never use probiotics from diary (yoghurt) cause it causes even worse acne

3. Fiber, I would not take the fiber with omegas. (some people have different omega 3 / 6 balances inside their bodies and maybe for some that have unbalances might help but for some even cause more unbalance)

I will try probiotics + fiber for a while, btw. that doesn`t mean I will start working out / sweating/ eating crappy food and say that it doesn`t work. it doesn`t work that way.

Just a hint, these cause breakout for me and many people also :

1. Fruits (any type)

2. Yogurt

3. Omegas ( you must find the right one to balance your omega 3 6 9 system )

4. Some vitamins (b6/b12, zinc / vitamin d / vitamin e known to cure acne might cause breakouts : zinc < i dont know why , vitamin d2 / d3 < dont know either , vitamin e < the oil form capsule contains sunflower oil ! lol )

MemberMember
(@team510)

Posted : 11/21/2013 2:35 am

hey, so I know this is a old post but has anyone else had any good results ?

MemberMember
(@fondbandage)

Posted : 11/22/2013 3:48 pm

Does this actually work? It's an 11 page thread but have been any success with this regime?

MemberMember
(@team510)

Posted : 11/23/2013 2:39 am

im not going to lie I jumped on the bandwagon yesterday and bought all the same stuff big phil uses. I will try to do weekly updates. so far after day 1 no difference.

MemberMember
(@team510)

Posted : 12/05/2013 3:32 am

so its been around 2 weeks and no change yet...

MemberMember
(@drbellz)

Posted : 12/27/2013 12:10 pm

Do you think this would work for women, ie: hormonal acne? What did your acne look like? Was it on your chin and jawline, or up on your forehead? It sounds like you found your cure and that's fantastic. I'm just trying to figure if it would be good for women/hormonal acne as well.

Thank you!

-Bellz

MemberMember
(@merriheart1)

Posted : 08/31/2014 3:00 pm

Very good posts. It makes so much sense to look for the internal causes. I have been trying to do everything possible for my 12 year old daughter who had lots of tiny bumps all over her forehead, upper cheeks with blackheads on her nose, and occasional pimples, and have been frustrated with the lack of results from trying external methods of cleansing and exfoliating with clay masks. Now I am going to give DE (diatomaceous earth) a try and may add in the use of the probiotics (NOW has amazing products) and possibly the fiber.

***Note: We purchased an ion facial steamer by Paragon (table model) which is just like the kind I used to use as an esthetician which I bought from Amazon that worked great with an enzyme mask to help loosen the blackheads but we cannot find it ever since we moved.

Just wondering if anyone has found a source for the Dermify? Thanks for the ingredient list!

MemberMember
(@michelle1010)

Posted : 10/09/2014 7:19 pm

I'm going to reply to this--even though it was started such a long while ago--because I too have had success with healing acne when I've taken better care of my digestive system. I also have hormonal acne but it tends to be much less severe (almost nonexistent) when my digestive system is in order. I've not yet figured out why that is.

I was exercising regularly last summer and for the entire time I was consistent, I had no acne. I eat clean mind you but at the time I was consuming dairy and gluten and sugar from time to time. I've since cut this stuff out from my day-to-day although I do indulge occasionally. Anyways, one thing that always improved greatly when I exercised regularly waas my digestion. I was never bloated, I digested food much quicker when usually I can go a great many hours between meals because I am simply not hungry at all. I also suffer from mild acid reflux (infrequently) and this too goes away with exercise and proper eating. I was at this time also taking vitamins but just your basics like a multi, vitamin D, and a B-complex.

Regardless, I'm not the best with consistent exercise and as soon as I stopped, the acne came right back. The acne also got a lot worse this year, worse that it has ever been. I turned to DIM, which works but not to the extent that some have experienced. About a couple of weeks ago, I decided to finally invest in digestive enzymes. I'll admit that I've not been very diligent with probiotics in the past but I'd been reading a lot on how digestive enzymes are good to take before meals and I've known for a while that my digestion is not what it should be. I'm almost done the first bottle now (there were 60 capsules in total--I take around 5-6 per day) and my skin is pretty much clear. I often waver between clear skin and not so great skin like many so I'm not holding my breath although this is probably the best my skin has looked in about a year. In regards to overall well being, I feel much better as a whole and I'm now pretty convinced that for me, my digestion is linked to the reason I get acne. I always wondered why exercise fixed all my problems and I think this could be why.

I've tried a ton of supplements by the way such as: burdock root, neem, liver support, none of which did much of anything. I've also tried literally EVERYTHING on my face. I always go back to Proactiv but only step #1. My skin can no longer handle heavy chemicals and if I do use them, I can only do so for a couple of days before my skin starts to react negatively.

Face routine wise I'm currently using Proactiv step #1 in the morning and at night. I've also been using this tea tree toner from Lush both in the morning and at night. Face cream wise I use Impruv (if you're Canadian and suffer from dry, sensitive skin, I truly recommend this--it saved my skin). I wash off all of my makeup using Alba Botanica's Hawaiian Face Wash (love this brand). To spot treat I will sometimes use glycolic acid or benzoyl peroxide or Retin-A. Mostly, I've gravitated towards 100% tea tree oil. I'm also a huge fan of tamanu oil which is the only oil I can use on my face that does not break me out at all. Also, it greatly helps reduce redness and scarring. Overall, I find that the less I do to my face and the less I touch it, the better it looks.

So yeah, that's my contribution to this post haha. Just thought I'd finally speak up and write something.

MemberMember
(@nymets353721)

Posted : 02/22/2015 11:11 pm

so i got the probiotics and the fiber, ive been on it for about 3 days and i have noticed i dont think ive gotten any new zits/cystic acne. I am currently on the acne.org regimen and it cleared me up about 90-95% i want to get off of benzoyl peroxide because it leaves my face red and i know it can't be good for it, should i wean off of it or do you think i could stop cold turkey and not have a huge breakout because of the fiber and probiotics? thanks for any replies!

MemberMember
(@samuraijack)

Posted : 11/04/2018 4:45 am

I have been taking probiotics (in pill form) for 2 weeks and I must say, it is the CURE. Previously I used to go 3 times a day buy now my bowel movements are reduced just 1 time in the morning.

The redness in my face is gone. I have even complexion now and the best part, I am NOT breaking out at all. Even if I use 2 weeks old towel, eat oily, cheesy gluten rich food, I DO NOT breakout at all. It's Magic!

MemberMember
(@teoalcantara)

Posted : 06/12/2019 8:07 am

On 11/4/2018 at 6:45 AM, samuraiJack said:

I have been taking probiotics (in pill form) for 2 weeks and I must say, it is the CURE. Previously I used to go 3 times a day buy now my bowel movements are reduced just 1 time in the morning.

The redness in my face is gone. I have even complexion now and the best part, I am NOT breaking out at all. Even if I use 2 weeks old towel, eat oily, cheesy gluten rich food, I DO NOT breakout at all. It's Magic!

Hi samuraiJack,

What brand/type of probiotics are you taking? How many times per day?