Aleve for premenstr...

Notifications
Clear all

Aleve for premenstrual and mid-cycle acne

MemberMember
(@hellokittygirl)

Posted : 11/04/2006 7:48 pm

LionQueen - do you know if this also works for people on BC? I'm on Yasmin BC right now and still end up with breakouts during PMS.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 11/04/2006 7:58 pm

LionQueen - do you know if this also works for people on BC? I'm on Yasmin BC right now and still end up with breakouts during PMS.

I don't know for sure .... but I can't think why it wouldn't! Anyone else have thoughts on this?

MemberMember
(@rosiemarie)

Posted : 11/06/2006 11:28 am

hm i should try this out. unfortunatly im not regular enough to predict when i should start taking it though!

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 11/06/2006 1:42 pm

hm i should try this out. unfortunatly im not regular enough to predict when i should start taking it though!

I had to play catch-up one month because my cycle shifted. I started taking the Aleve as soon as I noticed the tiny spots popping up, and it did help .... the spots healed fast and I didn't get any more of them.

MemberMember
(@zoebee)

Posted : 11/06/2006 3:52 pm

Is this stuff good for bringing down the inflammation/swelling of a pimple every any time of the month?

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 11/06/2006 6:12 pm

Is this stuff good for bringing down the inflammation/swelling of a pimple every any time of the month?

I suppose it would be, but I don't recommend daily usage or anything like that.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 11/14/2006 7:54 pm

Bump.

Still working for me. :D

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 11/14/2006 10:14 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@fadonna)

Posted : 11/20/2006 9:53 pm

Bump.

Me too! Third month on Aleve during ovul. and PMS. I could feel it coming on, started taking it 2X/day right away for the 4 days up to my period. Only one measly little whitehead! And I attribute that to my friend giving me a makeover with crappy makeup.

Lion Queen, you rock!

MemberMember
(@sunshinedaydream)

Posted : 11/25/2006 10:19 pm

Hmm... I usually take aleve to help with cramps (or should I say "alleviate" cramps? ha ha), and I get hormonal breakouts like crazy, but maybe I will try taking it the week before and see if that makes a difference....

MemberMember
(@bazookajoe)

Posted : 11/27/2006 7:32 pm

I am definitely trying this next period. Nothing works for me, so if this does, I will be in heaven. Have to wait a couple weeks, though, my period just ended. Thanks for the tip even it it doesn't help!

MemberMember
(@a-shizzle)

Posted : 11/28/2006 11:16 am

i think this is my third month of taking it and i can honestly say that it works..but it does upset my stomach.

MemberMember
(@zoebee)

Posted : 11/28/2006 12:12 pm

It Aleve only available in the US? I'm in Canada and I can't find it anywhere. Would Advil do the same thing?

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 11/28/2006 3:44 pm

i think this is my third month of taking it and i can honestly say that it works..but it does upset my stomach.

Same for me - it does work, but it bothers my stomach after taking it a couple of days.

MemberMember
(@rosiemarie)

Posted : 11/28/2006 4:16 pm

would this method still work if you're on birth control pills? which i've just started taking again.

MemberMember
(@doxy)

Posted : 12/08/2006 1:03 am

Oh I'm so going to try this!

MemberMember
(@rue721)

Posted : 12/11/2006 9:12 pm

Does regular aspirine work?

MemberMember
(@eewolfe)

Posted : 12/11/2006 9:23 pm

I struggled with adult acne for 10 years before I found Evening Primrose and Falxseed Oil. They are essential fatty acids and when I talk them 2-3 times daily, my break outs are minimal. Try them - it's a lot cheaper then all these acne products that don't work. I don't know about Aleve but these supplements really work for PMS acne and during ovulatation when hormones fluctuate.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 12/11/2006 10:12 pm

Does regular aspirine work?

I suppose it might help ... aspirin is an anti-inflammatory as well. But I suspect that Advil is more effective than aspirin .... and I find Aleve more effective than Advil.

I'm taking it again this week, and it is DEFINITELY working. I started as soon as the first tiny zits popped up, and 24 hours later they'd all gone down again.

BTW, I take EFAs daily ... they are definitely great for my skin, and I see a huge difference when I'm taking them. But I would still get the PMS pimples if it weren't for Aleve.

MemberMember
(@a-shizzle)

Posted : 12/12/2006 12:28 pm

LION QUEEN I LOVE YOU1!!!!

This is the 4th ovulation cycle I have tried this and month I only had one small jawline pimple.

Thank you so much for sharing this information. :)

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 12/12/2006 12:38 pm

Don't you love it when something so simple works so well?

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 12/13/2006 9:58 pm

Reminder to self: for maximum effectiveness, I have to use Aleve TWICE a day during PMS week.

If I only use it once (at night), I get the tiny zits popping up during the day.

Must remember to take one in the AM as well.

MemberMember
(@libbycopeland)

Posted : 12/14/2006 8:24 pm

Update: this month I took Aleve (generic) the 3 days (AM and PM) before I expected my period and a couple of times once it started. Guess what? No breakouts at all! Not even the threat of a breakout. I have not had a problem with stomach discomfort, but I always take it with food.

So excited, will report back next month!

MemberMember
(@_magic_dust_)

Posted : 12/15/2006 12:11 am

i'm from canada.. anyone knows a website that i can order it off since i don't *think* they sell it here in canada? thanks!

MemberMember
(@macapuno)

Posted : 12/15/2006 3:17 am

wt? wow, nice find.

I just feel that the only downside to this is that your body may get de-sensitized from all that "unnecessary" aspirin intake. To the point where it takes more than an Aleve to alleviate a headache. no pun intended.

doesn't mean i'm not going to try this when the chance come around...