Notifications
Clear all

20M/75kg with mild persistent acne, 40mg/day for 7 months, second course - MY JOURNEY

MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 01/22/2018 6:50 am

On 20. 1. 2018 at 7:03 PM, dw75 said:

My side neck was really bad too, Headphone wires would make it break out etc. Crazy how I've gone from sensitive skin to no sensitivity at all!

I have wireless earbuds with really small cable, but its not touching area where I broke out. So it's probably not anything "physicaly-related". It's just my genetics or something. I had spots on my neck from the very beginning of accutane. My IB started on side of the neck.
It a lot better now tho! Gotta give it time.

MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 01/24/2018 8:29 am

DAY 120

My nose is gonna kill me.  Probably worst side effect for me. I have dry boogers and they are hard to remove + bloody. Even lips are better.
My nose is paying the price for my face not being dry at all. I think all the dryness is in my nose lol. 
But nothing beats the feeling when I look myself in the mirror and see HUGE improvements.

Gonna write 4 MONTHS report in 2 days. Can't believe it's been 4 months damn!

Keep it up everybody.

dw75 liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 01/26/2018 8:51 am

4 MONTHS DONE (DAY 122) 

Today is exactly 4 months of my journey. I honestly can't believe it's been so long! 
Results so far are great. If you remember, I had horrible worsening of acne from day 14 till around the day 90. That's around 2.5 months of breakouts. My skin  honestly  never looked worse. It hurts even more because I haven't started with "bad" case of acne. I had spots here and there that were persistent, but never as bad as my IB. Then right after day 100 (right after new year) it QUICKLY started improving, my breakouts basically stopped and disappeared in a WEEK!
  But now the process kind of slowed down. That doesn't mean my face is looking bad or full of acne, infact I don't even get those whiteheads or anything anymore. All small spots that appear are like 10x smaller and go away 10x faster, usually after 2-3 days.  There are red marks that are still fading but they are only visible under certain lighting (car mirror on cloudy day, flourescent lighting, you know what I'm talking about).
   It's emotional as I write this, because I remember how I avoided ALL events from october till new year. I didn't want to meet my friends, I didn't want to go to the gym despite working out seriously EVERY DAY for more than 2 years. It hurts. It's a tough mental challenge but you have to just get over it. I was at the end of my patience most of the days. Just when I thought it's finally over, another spots showed, until my whole face was in acne.

Silly me on day 14 thought that I'll just skip gym and parties "just this weekend". I never thought that would last for more than 2 months. F*ck that... Only people with acne understand what I mean. You can have all the confidence on this world and this will break you. 

Now I'm finally able to go out there, to go shopping as I used to, to go eat with friends, as I used to. To workout again. Without feeling ashamed of myself. And it's only getting better. Every single day. Acne is losing this battle with me. Enough is enough. I'm coming out stronger. This is my second and I hope LAST round of accutane.

I did catch a cold few days ago and I'm currently just resting with bad cough and sore throat, so I won't be posting pics today because I look like a mess, but I promise to post progress pics when I'll feel better. 

Everyone else on accutane, feeling hopeless, hold on. Just believe. The day will come! 

I don't know for how long I'd have to deal with acne if I wasn't on accutane. It could be months, or even years. So thankful for this drug. 
All side effects are worth it. Dry nose, dry eyes, pain in the back. Thats NOTHING! Compared to skin clearing! I'd take that anytime!

jPablo and sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 01/26/2018 2:09 pm

Many congrats bro! I'm defo going on it. But boy do I fear my IB if I have one, not like my face isn't messed up enough. Lol

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 01/27/2018 3:17 am

13 hours ago, jPablo said:

Many congrats bro! I'm defo going on it. But boy do I fear my IB if I have one, not like my face isn't messed up enough. Lol

Just focus on the goal! Focus on the results. You could have bad face for YEARS. With accutane is just few weeks or months and then you're clear. It sucks but nothing sucks as much as not being on any medicine and having acne. Goodluck!

jPablo and sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 01/27/2018 6:12 am

Pls post some pics, lets see the results:D

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/07/2018 7:13 am

Any comparison pics bro? How you getting on now.

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 02/07/2018 8:52 am

Hello people!

DAY 134

Feeling awesome. Face getting clear as the weeks go by. Only thing that is solving right now are red marks and even they are not so strong. So I'm basically very satisfied so far and glad that the worst is over. 

Side effect at the moment:
- Dry lips as always
- Skin not really dry but last week I feel it more drier than ever before
- Dry nose, still bloody when I stick fingers in there trying to clear it
- Hand rash returned stronger than ever, on both hands, its basically very dry and when I moisturize it burns. Check pics:
IMG_5548.JPGIMG_5571.JPGIMG_5572.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway I'ts going pretty good, feeling good and results are showing so the future is bright and I can't wait to be 100% (!) clear and off accutane to stop side effects lol.

Here are current pics. Nothing active at all, just few red marks and I'm good to go!

IMG_5574.JPG
IMG_5573.JPG
IMG_5570.JPG

dw75 liked
MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/07/2018 9:01 am

Great results!
my acne has calmed down slightly, which will be annoying if it flares up after my derm appointment and they decide it's not bad enough for Accutane.

but congrats. On the home stretch now bro.

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 02/07/2018 9:23 am

21 minutes ago, jPablo said:

Great results!
my acne has calmed down slightly, which will be annoying if it flares up after my derm appointment and they decide it's not bad enough for Accutane.

but congrats. On the home stretch now bro.

Thanks bro.
Show derm the pictures of your situation before!

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 03/03/2018 10:30 am

Anymore updates?

MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 03/03/2018 3:32 pm

4 hours ago, jPablo said:

Anymore updates?

Damn it's almost a month since last update.

It's very good! My face completly stopped getting any new spots. Not even small ones. Red spots disappearing at full speed and I'm completely confident again and outgoing. These red marks are only visible under very certain light and even then they are mild.
But yesterday I got these 3 painful pimples on my neck. One on each side. It's always like that, one area gets completely 100% clear and when I think it's done then somewhere else something happens.
But anyway for my 158 days I'm finally satisfied with results.
I have appointment with my derm at the end of this month.

Gonna post pics this coming week.

jPablo liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 03/26/2018 8:14 am

Alright. It's day 181!! Holy shit when did that pass?

I haven't got any active pimple for like a month now probably. Everything is calm and steady. Red marks fading intensively and there are only few left. Nothing bad.

Excuse my facial hair again lol. And my dry skin haha, I took that picture in the car right after the work.

IMG_6545.thumb.JPG.108b7fea14c9154451e72a42efccca40.JPG

These little "holes" or "scars" on my cheeks are there since my birth I guess so that's not from acne. I'll get that fixed after if finish accutane. You can see there is literally no active spot and even red marks arent visible anymore.

I have derm appointment on thursday. I still have some weeks to finish my comulative dosage. I think I'll be done in exactly one month.

This is the best drug on this planet. 

cnea.thumb.jpg.b19fbdd98d2ae915897215e31799097c.jpg

dw75 and jPablo liked
MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 03/26/2018 12:02 pm

Huge congrats mate! Looking sharp

EDIT
looking back at your old photos, have you got away without any scarring? Some of the marks you had look similar to what I have and slightly indented? Did they all raise up? They appear to have.

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@dw75)

Posted : 03/26/2018 2:12 pm

Insane difference

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 04/05/2018 7:41 am

On 26. 3. 2018 at 7:02 PM, jPablo said:

Huge congrats mate! Looking sharp 

EDIT
looking back at your old photos, have you got away without any scarring? Some of the marks you had look similar to what I have and slightly indented? Did they all raise up? They appear to have.

Thanks man!

There are some scars on my temple are which isnt visible on the photo but its not bad at all to be honest. It's awesome!

I've had derm appointment and got last 4 packages of pills! That means 2 more months! And I'm done. I'm so f*cking happy. 
I'll hit 120mg/kg then. I don't have ANY active spot for more than a month now. Skin is smooth, glowing and looking very good. 

Day 191 today

Side effects still the same:
- dry nose, bloody (worst)
- insanely dry lips
- skin NOT dry at all
- horrible hand rashes, check pictures from 3 weeks ago:

IMG_6207.JPG

IMG_6208.JPG

jPablo liked
MemberMember
(@tommypoo)

Posted : 04/11/2018 4:27 am

I can totally relate to this article. I recently started Accutane (about 2.2 months in) and although I can see improvements, I have been avoiding any reflectable surface in general. Sometimes I've had a good day and then I'm looking at my phone my pizza face gets reflected back at it and It just sets me in a bad mood. Your before and after photos have given me hope though!

Good luck!
Tom

MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 04/12/2018 7:47 am

On 11. 4. 2018 at 11:27 AM, Tommypoo said:

I can totally relate to this article. I recently started Accutane (about 2.2 months in) and although I can see improvements, I have been avoiding any reflectable surface in general. Sometimes I've had a good day and then I'm looking at my phone my pizza face gets reflected back at it and It just sets me in a bad mood. Your before and after photos have given me hope though!

Good luck!
Tom

Oh your comment made me remember bad times that I went through. It's definitely hard. True mental challenge to stay strong. Dont give up, you're on your way out. Wait a month and you're good ;) Goodluck.

MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 11/16/2018 9:01 am

Wassup guys and girls. I hope this will still be visible to all of you and I hope that anyone will still read this. 

Its been 6 months since I've stopped accutane. Had 0 (zero!) pimples since march-september, few little ones showed up few weeks ago but nothing too bad or too big. They usually disappear in day or two.

This is me this very moment.
 IMG_2477.thumb.jpg.22438c5dffa4e458f762198c1e01d04c.jpg

Hahah, no, don't worry. My skin isnt going bad again. I've just got home from my first microneedling session. 1st out of 4 sessions. Next one in one month and last two next year.

I decided for it because I had (have) some scars that I'd like to have removed, and also enlarged pores. It also helps with future pimples/acne. It drastically decreases them or even completely removes them permanently.

Redness on my face will not be visible anymore tomorrow. I should expect results after 3-4 sessions. Cant wait to share my flawless skin with you in few months!

Stay strong guys and girls, accutane IS the answer! Be patient. I'm ready to answer any questions.

Greetings

jPablo liked