Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 10mg Weekly Updates

MemberMember
(@hockey1)

Posted : 12/23/2017 11:22 am

Week 0

Since graduating from high school 2 and a half years ago I have been plagued by very persistant acne. It has shown a lot of improvement in the past few months but I still feel uncomfortable in my own skin. Therefore, this Christmas I have decided to ask my derm to start me on accutane. I™ll be taking a smaller dose (10mg) since I play hockey at an elite level and don™t want it to interfere with my game in any way. Luckily I™m away from home often because of hockey so I don™t feel totally isolated but when I do return home it™s hard to find any joy in going out with friends. This part is foreign to me and the social anxiety can be difficult to cope with. I had clear skin (other than a zit here and there) all through high school and never had a problem with confidence till now. I constantly have acne on my cheeks, chin, and forehead followed by red scars that linger for months at a time. I™m tired of worrying about my appearance day in and day out as only an acne sufferer knows and feeling uneasy about everything I consume and anything that touches my face. So I™m crossing my fingers and hoping to see some results in the coming weeks. Not looking for a pity party because I know there's people a lot worse off than myself. Just need somewhere to put my thoughts and maybe help anyone else that finds themselves in a similar situation.

IMG_0057.JPGIMG_0056.JPG

Acne Regimen

- Wash face twice daily w/ Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

- Accutane 10mg (Everyday)

- Adapalene / Benzoyl Peroxide 0.1% / 2.5% (Entire face twice a week @ night)

- Taro-Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide 1% / 5% (Spot treatment)

MemberMember
(@neha90)

Posted : 02/23/2018 8:31 am

Hi Hockey1,

I am also on Accutane 10mg daily and I have the same issue as you have. I have more red marks on my face than active pimple. I started taking Accutane from 24th January. did you see any improvement in your acne and your acne marks. I am on a 1 month mark and my skin feels tight and dry. I still get 2-3 pimples every week and I have seen no real improvement in my red acne marks (I hate them :( ). It would really help if you share your update. I really don't know if its worth sticking to Accutane for less active break out and more red marks on my face. Did it help at all with your red marks?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 02/23/2018 9:00 am

27 minutes ago, anushree_agarwal1 said:

Hi Hockey1,

I am also on Accutane 10mg daily and I have the same issue as you have. I have more red marks on my face than active pimple. I started taking Accutane from 24th January. did you see any improvement in your acne and your acne marks. I am on a 1 month mark and my skin feels tight and dry. I still get 2-3 pimples every week and I have seen no real improvement in my red acne marks (I hate them :( ). It would really help if you share your update. I really don't know if its worth sticking to Accutane for less active break out and more red marks on my face. Did it help at all with your red marks?

Thanks

10 mg/day is quite a low dose, Accutane it will take time to work, expect 2-3 months. And Accutane also slows down the healing process, so any active pimples that you get while on Accutane will take a long time to heal, also the red and brown marks. Use a good sunscreen regularly, that will help heal the marks faster

MemberMember
(@neha90)

Posted : 02/24/2018 11:35 am

Thanks for the reply!! Could you also share your updates please.. how is it working for you? Do you see any improvement.. my face is red like a tomato and I have dry patches on my face ..does it happen even on low does accutane?