Notifications
Clear all

Why am I starting "Accutane Journey"

MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 09/24/2017 12:34 pm

8th month on ACCUTANE 40mg
(24,female,cystic acne on both cheeks, jawline and chin)

Skin type - normal

Side effects -
*Absent minded
*Feeling numb emotionaly

UPDATE -
Excellent month.
No cysts, No pimples.
My skin is so calm and nice to me.
Not much side effects either.
No dryness (cz its summers and i'm using good moisturizer)
No joint or muscle pain (taking vitamin d3 and calcium regularly)

I am very happy with my results. I have few more months to go on Accutane.
Hoping for the best. Ameen

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 09/24/2017 12:50 pm

Oh, that's good, glad that its working for you.!

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 09/24/2017 12:55 pm

5 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

Oh, that's good, glad that its working for you.!

Thank you :)
how is your journey coming along?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 09/24/2017 1:08 pm

10 minutes ago, Aylia said:
Thank you :)
how is your journey coming along?

I'm 2.5 months post Accutane now..things are OK I would say. Have to wait a few more months to get my scars treated. How many more months of isotretinoin are you left with?

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 09/25/2017 6:19 am

Ill finish my course on 14th November.
what are you considering for ur scars?
i have very minor red pigmentation but the main issue is my ice-pick and boxcar scars on both cheeks.
(considering microneedling 4 sessions after isotretinoin)

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 09/25/2017 9:35 am

3 hours ago, Aylia said:

i have very minor red pigmentation but the main issue is my ice-pick and boxcar scars on both cheeks.

I have been suggested PRP(probably along with dermarolling). Still have to wait a few more months before I can get them done

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 09/26/2017 4:57 pm

On 9/25/2017 at 7:35 PM, eternalrocket said:
On 9/25/2017 at 4:19 PM, Aylia said:

I have been suggested PRP(probably along with dermarolling). Still have to wait a few more months before I can get them done

Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@mathm)

Posted : 09/27/2017 9:44 am

Hey, currently on my 4th month of Isotretinoin, was wondering if I could ask you some questions, I'm a guy and I understand mileage may vary, but if you're 8 months in you have probably noticed the gist of what Isotretinoin does to you both physically and mentally.

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 09/27/2017 10:20 am

34 minutes ago, Mathm said:

Hey, currently on my 4th month of Isotretinoin, was wondering if I could ask you some questions, I'm a guy and I understand mileage may vary, but if you're 8 months in you have probably noticed the gist of what Isotretinoin does to you both physically and mentally.

Yes. Sure.
i suggest you go through my posts.
As i posted my journey through out the month (my dose/side effects i suffered physically and mentally both)

MemberMember
(@mathm)

Posted : 09/27/2017 10:36 am

Bit of info on me: Male, 4 months in, took a low dose in the beginning (maybe 20mg once a day) I don't know the exact scaling but I moved to 40mg twice a day by month 2 or 3, and have been on that since. I have cysts on my lower face that are hidden, lower back. Some acne on my chest but my upper back was completely eradicated (knock on wood).

Ok, I read through your posts. You've had nerve and muscle pain. At least in the lower nerves and joints from the pelvis, as well as some abdominal pain in the beginning. I don't think I have had any physical issues so far beyond some bloodshot eyes when I was working over the summer, but that is minor in my opinion compared to the possible other things. I'll keep your injuries into account should I find I get them too.
I have noticed thinner hair, hopefully we both bounce back from that.
About the emotional pitfalls, you wrote you were depressed pretty often, I am too but I have never been suicidal. I was wondering if you ever got to that point, and if you have any tips to grow from it or past it. I am depressed, but I would attribute it to other issues I am currently trying to move past/resolve.
You also said you have had no acne besides a few pimples for maybe a month or two. My issue is cysts in my lower cheeks and lower back. My beard partly hides the face, but obviously nobody wants cysts. When do you believe the cysts were gone totally? What about the general hotspots of your normal pimples/zits, when did you see the biggest improvement? Although my upper back + most of my face cleared, my chest remains with pimples / zits.

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 09/27/2017 5:48 pm

7 hours ago, Mathm said:

Bit of info on me: Male, 4 months in, took a low dose in the beginning (maybe 20mg once a day) I don't know the exact scaling but I moved to 40mg twice a day by month 2 or 3, and have been on that since. I have cysts on my lower face that are hidden, lower back. Some acne on my chest but my upper back was completely eradicated (knock on wood).

Ok, I read through your posts. You've had nerve and muscle pain. At least in the lower nerves and joints from the pelvis, as well as some abdominal pain in the beginning. I don't think I have had any physical issues so far beyond some bloodshot eyes when I was working over the summer, but that is minor in my opinion compared to the possible other things. I'll keep your injuries into account should I find I get them too.
About the emotional pitfalls, you wrote you were depressed pretty often, I am too but I have never been suicidal. I was wondering if you ever got to that point, and if you have any tips to grow from it or past it. I am depressed, but I would attribute it to other issues I am currently trying to move past/resolve.
You also said you have had no acne besides a few pimples for maybe a month or two. My issue is cysts in my lower cheeks and lower back. My beard partly hides the face, but obviously nobody wants cysts. When do you believe the cysts were gone totally? What about the general hotspots of your normal pimples/zits, when did you see the biggest improvement? Although my upper back + most of my face cleared, my chest remains with pimples / zits.

i started with a very low dose (10mg) and moving it up to (20mgs) i didnt see good results untill my 5th month. After dosing it up to 30mgs and then to 40mgs now. I do see a hugeee difference. I would say i got the results i was seeking in month 8. Which is September.
accutance worked slow due to my dose was pretty low. I had horrible cystic acne on both of my cheeks and jawline. The right side of my face was a nightmare. My t.zone was never ever an issue. And i occasionaly had maybe 2 -3 cysts on back or chest but that happened maybe once in 4 -5 months.

7 hours ago, Mathm said:

As of side effects.
yes i have had constant joint muscle pain and siactic once or twice a week. (But again that maybe because im under weight. I am 47kgs and lack in vitamin d and calcium)
and as of depression. Um i wouldnt say sucidal. No not at all.
but yes i consider myself sensitive always been that way and i do get depressed easily. Due to this drug i felt it happened even more. I was often depressed for no reason but i am strong and pulled myself together. But what scares me is that i feel emotionaly numb during 3rd 4th month. I feel like i dont care and im numb i feel no affection and nothing. Its a weird thing. I just feel dead inside.(emotionaly)

i do have a happy personality but just a very very sad soul inside. It feels weird sometimes.

7 hours ago, Mathm said:

Honestly, this drug works differently with everyone. Specialy women/men.

i would say, the last cyst i had was in the 1st week of August (7th month)
I always thought maybe its working slow because im on such a low dose.

but you are on 80mgs. (40mgs twice a day) correct me if im wrong.

My doctor told me we have to take 150mgs/kg which makes 7,500 mgs in total to finaly get rid of acne for good.ameen
so either u be on high dose or low dose. U just have to cover up the 7,500mgs.

MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 10/31/2017 9:35 am

9th month on ACCUTANE 40mg

Skin type - normal

Side effects -
*Absent minded
*Feeling numb emotionaly

UPDATE -
Excellent month.
No cysts. Although had few 2-3 pimples. Nothing serious thou.
My skin is so calm and nice to me.
Not much side effects either.
No joint or muscle pain (taking vitamin d3 and calcium regularly)

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/01/2017 12:01 am

You posted in the wrong forum, lol. But anyway, glad its working well for you so far.

MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 11/01/2017 7:06 am

5 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

You posted in the wrong forum, lol. But anyway, glad its working well for you so far.

Lol i just realised. Haha my bad. Anyways just 16 more days to go
then im off accutane. (Happy but scared)

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/02/2017 9:27 am

On 11/1/2017 at 5:36 PM, Aylia said:

Oh, nice! I just had my first session of PRP today.

MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 11/03/2017 1:25 pm

On 11/2/2017 at 7:27 PM, eternalrocket said:
On 11/1/2017 at 5:06 PM, Aylia said:

Oh, nice! I just had my first session of PRP today.

How was it? And how many more you have to do.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/03/2017 11:51 pm

It was good, had no downtime, okay maybe 2-3 hours and its cheap. I have heard people start seeing improvement in 2-4 weeks, so lets see how it goes.

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 11/05/2017 8:05 am

On 11/4/2017 at 9:51 AM, eternalrocket said:

It was good, had no downtime, okay maybe 2-3 hours and its cheap. I have heard people start seeing improvement in 2-4 weeks, so lets see how it goes.

My doctor suggested i take microneedling sessions. Atleast 6-8 sittings.
but its so expensive.
im thinking of ordering my own dermapen and doing it myself. (As its so easy)

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/05/2017 8:42 am

33 minutes ago, Aylia said:
but its so expensive.

Mine was a combination of prp and needling, One sitting will have a prp+needling and needling only spaced 15 days apart. I am in India so its really cheap here, just around 77USD per sitting

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 11/05/2017 7:55 pm

9 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
9 hours ago, Aylia said:
but its so expensive.

Mine was a combination of prp and needling, One sitting will have a prp+needling and needling only spaced 15 days apart. I am in India so its really cheap here, just around 77USD per sitting

Oh. Well im in Pakistan haha.
it cost 76us $ here. And my doc said i need atleast 8 sittings.. i might order my own from amazon.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/06/2017 12:13 am

4 hours ago, Aylia said:
Oh. Well im in Pakistan haha. 
it cost 76us $ here. And my doc said i need atleast 8 sittings.. i might order my own from amazon. 

From what i have heard,In office treatment is FAR better than doing it on your own, and idk much but 8 sittings sounds a lot, my doc told me that combining needling with prp is better as it actually speeds up the healing and will give much better results as compared to needling alone. 76$ per sitting for 8 sittings will get expensive, lol. I was saying mine is cheap because doc said that I probably wont need more than 3-4 sessions, so I can afford that much. I guess you might wanna discuss prp with your doc, see what he/she has to say on that. Good luck, I hope it gets better for both of us.;D

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 11/06/2017 9:10 am

6 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
From what i have heard,In office treatment is FAR better than doing it on your own, and idk much but 8 sittings sounds a lot, my doc told me that combining needling with prp is better as it actually speeds up the healing and will give much better results as compared to needling alone. 76$ per sitting for 8 sittings will get expensive, lol. I was saying mine is cheap because doc said that I probably wont need more than 3-4 sessions, so I can afford that much. I guess you might wanna discuss prp with your doc, see what he/she has to say on that. Good luck, I hope it gets better for both of us.;D

Thank you for the informatiformation. I will discuss it with my derma. 
i hope the same. 

MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 11/17/2017 8:53 am

10th and last month(16days only) on ACCUTANE 60mg

Skin type - normal

UPDATE- So finished my Accutane journey with a 60mg dose for 16days.
It was a roller coaster of emotions and struggles through out these 10months. Im glad i did it and lil bit scared getting of the medicine. But hoping for the best ameen.

Compeleted my 7,500mgs in 10 months.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/17/2017 8:58 am

Congrats!, first month being off Accutane might be a little rough, expect a few small bumps here and there

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@aylia)

Posted : 11/17/2017 5:46 pm

6 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

Congrats!, first month being off Accutane might be a little rough, expect a few small bumps here and there

Really ? Why? Bumps as in small pimples.

im ok with pimples but i pray and pray that i dont get any cysts.  :(