Notifications
Clear all

Mild, persistent Acne, 27/M. Course 1 & 2 Logs

MemberMember
(@carlo2017)

Posted : 08/29/2017 4:15 am

On 7/20/2017 at 1:34 PM, tranceaddict said:

3 weeks post accutane:

Well its back :( was really hoping accutane was the answer for me but unfortunately I will have to keep trying to fight it. Very disheartening. 

IMG_2151.JPG

Welcome to my world bud. I've been on 60mg for nearly 6 months and I also get break outs all the time. I started on 20mg then 40mg and then on to 60mg for 3 months and it cleared up After a month going down to 40mg it came back again. Now since March, i've been on 60mg and I'm on a 7-month course to help clear my acne. On my 6th month I think and surprise surprise my acne is still here.  As you can see i'm not happy lol

21222347_1965820573707559_1135172425_o.jpg

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 12/01/2017 12:44 pm

5 Months post Accutane:

Thought i'd send out what will probably be my final update. I started using BP wash about 2 months after I finished accutane because my forehead was such a mess. It sucked for the first 3 months as my skin was breaking out like crazy and it seemed like there was no end in sight.

Fast forward 3 months later and my skin is finally under control! I'm using a Salicylic acid apricot scrub first to get a deep pore cleaning and then rinsing that off and using a 5% BP wash, morning and night. I am only using it on my forehead and it's finally worked. I still get spots, but now it's controlled and I feels amazing. I was seriously bummed out that accutane did not work but I will say that it definitely helped as BP alone was never enough before. All in all i'm glad I took accutane even though it wasn't what I had hoped but I am very happy to say I am in a good place, skin wise.

Thanks to all who read this log and I hope it helped .