Notifications
Clear all

FINISHED(6Months Post Accutane results) 23/M Accutane Log - 60mg - Progress Pictures

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/14/2016 8:07 pm

I thought i'd start a log to show my progress and or... yea lets just hope that's the only thing that shows.

I got prescribed 40mg Clarus(accutane) for my acne about 22days ago, I haven't started a log yet so I might as well get all of the past days out of the way in this one post. I actually never had any acne in my high school days, I had completely clear skin always assumed I was super lucky. But, in my late 19's I started to get some acne when I started shaving I initially thought it was just irritation so I started to use all sorts of products and such to try and prevent this redness and razer burn as you would call it. But, nothing worked it started to develop into full on acne around my jaw line, upward of my chin to my mustache area as well as redness started to occur on my cheeks. I would have small breakouts here and there, so i initially got on minocyclin. I was on this for few years, in my 21st year the acne got to the worst its ever been. Starting getting some on my chest, back and my entire jaw line was covered. I got prescribed diferin gel to go with my minocyclin, this cleared up my jaw line and brought me down to simple redness and mild breakouts every now and then.

One week I'd be clear with only redness, the next I'd have a face full of pimples. It was random. I lost my benefits when I stopped going to school full time, and got a job where I decided to check off the opt out of benefits box like a dummy. So I had no medication for my entire end of my 21st year and start of 22nd.

I finally got my benefits back last month, and I got prescribed Acutane.

Here we go.

40mg of Clarus(acutane)

Day 1 to Day 15 :

these days were all the same really, my lips started to dry but I didn't get any new pimples. All my visible pimples were all gone after day 4 of being on actuane, and nothing else came up. I simply had redness on my face where pimples usually form, and my face felt like I had gotten a sunburn. Wasn't dry per say was simply feeling extremely hot. I bought moisturizer around day 8 as that's when I started getting dryness around my nose and cheeks and it started to get difficult to open my mouth as dryness is right in the corner of my mouth on both sides making it painful to open but i manage.

I kinda love it for the first 15 days because I didn't get any more pimples things started off great, thought I was one of the lucky ones that this drug starts to work right away. But, this was not the case haha.

Day 16 : 2-3 whiteheads emerged and ruined my day |::(

Day 17 : more and more pimples started coming out. dryness is the same, and lips are the same as after day 8.

Day 18: whole face started breaking out.

Day 19: forehead broke out, something that I have never had a problem with in the past.

Day 20: big pimples settled down a bit, but smaller ones were coming. I could see them developing.

Day 21 : face is breaking out more and more

Day 22: current state about insane amount of pimples all across my jawline, a few big ones on my cheeks and the corner of my mouth actually started bleeding because it was so dry and having top open and close my mouth cause it to get cut i guess.

So here we are day 22 I guess the fact I am breaking out like crazy means its starting to work so I know I just need to be patient from here on out.

Sorry for any punctuation errors, grammatical errors, or just any errors all together. I am French and English is my second language |::P

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/15/2016 11:41 am

day 23 : almost the same exact state as yesterday but i got 3 little pimples on the side of my mouth which makes it look like one big one. And man do i hate the ones on the mouth. 🙁

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 03/15/2016 11:55 am

It's funny how optimistic we all are about avoiding the IB. I thought the same until the end of week 2 when I broke out like crazy too. Hang in there! 🙂

savo0057 liked
MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/16/2016 1:18 pm

Yea haha, have you completed your acutane cycle? if so when did you start to see clearer skin? like no actives and such?

Day 24 : Same as yesterday, the pimples I had are now in course of healing soon. The one on my mouth is still extremely red, but is much less puffy then yesterday.

I was wondering if anyone uses some of the tropical gels that they were prescribed before while on accutane. I spoke to my derm they said not to use anything that treats acne while on accutane. So I will stay away from that until i get more information from people that have been on the tane before.

I will post some pictures of my current state, now I know I cannot grow facial hair and that shit looks strange but I am not shaving until my breakout dies down I don't want to rip my pimples and cause scaring. Therefore I am letting them heal on their own, and at least people might not care about my acne and only think wtf is wrong with that guys facial hair haha.

I also included some pics of my chest, now the acne on my chest is the best its ever been but idk if that is cause of the accutane. But, I only have 2 pimples there and the rest seem to be inside the skin like they are dissapeering and its noticeably less red. It's hard to see in the pic but my forehead has 2 actives. Which I have never had acne on my forehead before accutane.

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 03/16/2016 2:05 pm

42 minutes ago, savo0057 said:

Yea haha, have you completed your acutane cycle? if so when did you start to see clearer skin? like no actives and such?

I'm on day 20, taking 10mg/day. I'm still in the IB breakout stage unfortunately. I am currently using a BP wash but I am starting to use less and less as I find it's starting to irritate my skin. I also have facial hair on my face for the sole purpose of hiding spots. I have a log on here if you want to check on my progress as well. Let's hope by month 2 we start to get out of the IB stage 😛

MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 03/16/2016 5:03 pm

Hey we seem to have the same general level of acne and we're the same age. I'm on day 33 and I'm pretty sure (fingers crossed) I'm past my initial breakout period. BTW, my derm said I could use over the counter SA spot treatment (stay away from BP). I've been using my Clinique gel and Mario Badescu spot treatments. Just on spots. Not all over. Hasn't caused me any extra irritation. That's the only type of "topical" I'd suggest while on accutane.

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/17/2016 6:33 pm

On 2016-03-16 at 6:03 PM, Stephen23 said:

Hey we seem to have the same general level of acne and we're the same age. I'm on day 33 and I'm pretty sure (fingers crossed) I'm past my initial breakout period. BTW, my derm said I could use over the counter SA spot treatment (stay away from BP). I've been using my Clinique gel and Mario Badescu spot treatments. Just on spots. Not all over. Hasn't caused me any extra irritation. That's the only type of "topical" I'd suggest while on accutane.

Cool I will look into those gels then, and I hope everything goes great for you with the acutane cycle

Day 25: Acne around my jawline dried up and therefore I was able to shave without ripping open any pimples. The pimple on my lip is still fairly bad, glad its the weekend I don't have school tomorrow and I will just be studying so should be a good weekend to clear up I hope

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/18/2016 2:13 pm

day 26 : No new acne, all my acne is drying up and clearing. My lip pimple is still there, but getting into control. Chest acne still hasn't even budged exact same.

I have some pics here to show the change from literally 2 days

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/19/2016 12:46 am

I feel like i may be getting some eczema on my arms or just extremely dry spots, little spots and such and they are intensely itchy although I ensure not to scratch.

Looks like one of my side effects :( that's all though + dry lips not bad i guess if i will be free of acne in some months.

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/19/2016 3:08 pm

Day 27 : all my previous pimples are still healing, and getting much better but I can see 2 new ones forming on my chin.

all sideeffects are the same, dry lips, itchy spots on my arms.

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/20/2016 5:38 pm

Day 28 : most of the pimples from my IB have died down, still red but no longer inflamed. my new 2 news ones under the chin, are now whiteheads that i may pop here before school tomorrow.

My arm rash has spread, and looks pretty bad I have a pic here.

i only have one arm to show, but this rash is on both arms goes from my wrist all the way up to my shoulder.

IMG_0326.JPG

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/22/2016 1:50 am

Day 29 : Face is clearing up fairly well, rash still there but doesn't itch anymore. I feel like it only itches after sports, when I am sweating.

Out of pills for now, and I don't have my derm appointment until the Thursday so I will have 2 full day without pills. Hoping it doesn't affect anything.

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/23/2016 12:54 am

Day 30: Face is still red but no current active pimples. Unfortunately my rash is getting awful on my two arms. It's only on my arms though which is strange, idk what is going on. It's honestly terrible lol.

getting lots of moisturizer for my arms here tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/24/2016 7:35 am

Day 32: Face is looking good, no actives whats so ever. Simply red all around, like it is when I would have a good week before the tane where i have no zits, no whiteheads, no cyst... It's nice :)

Lips are much better, not as dry could be because i had 2 days off the tane, rash is still pretty bad went to derm today got a steroid cream as well as got bumped up to 60mg Accutane.

wish me luck boys and girls

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/26/2016 10:06 pm

Day 34: Face broke out yesterday, seems like as soon as I got back on the accutane I started to break out again. Rash on my arms is going away is healing extremely fast on the steroid cream I was given.

Lips are still dry, got much dryer since the days i was off the tane.

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/27/2016 6:52 pm

Day 35: the break out is fading away, lips are still dry...

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 03/30/2016 9:54 pm

Day 38 : rash completely gone, acne is still the same a few actives but they heal quickly.

lips still really dry.

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 04/03/2016 1:50 pm

Day 42 : Rash has not returned which is awesome, acne seems to be clearing up nicely on my face. Chest is still awful, seems to be getting worse. Hopefully the chest does exactly what my face did, breaks out then clears up.

Face is seemingly the clearest I've seen it in years. It is still fairly red, but I don't have any cystic pimples they are all just red, usually the redness type that go away quickly. Hopefully It steers in this direction the entire way home, i got my hopes up for that but i wont be upset if i see anything come back. I can tell its working.

Side effects : dry lips are hardly as dry as they use to be, and face isn't even dry nothing is really dry. I keep placing my lip bomb on and i am good to go.

posting pics to show the 42 day progress so far, remember after  my initial 30 days i was placed on 60mg from the initial 40mg.

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 04/03/2016 2:38 pm

Face looking good

savo0057 liked
MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 04/05/2016 10:05 pm

Day 44: lips feeling much more dry then in the past, but I did go an entire day without lip balm since I forgot it at home while I was at school.

No new pimples, same status as before. Redness is all, chest hasn't changed still awful :(

Anyone else have experience with acutane and chest acne? How long until they have seen results there?

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 04/10/2016 2:01 am

Day 48 : Believe I was hit with another breakout. The skin around these pimples seems much more clear though, maybe I am in a final flushing phase :) doubt it though.

Lips still dry, rash was beginning to come back on my arms but I used to steroid cream to stop it in the tracks.

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 04/11/2016 3:44 pm

Day 50: Breakout exploded yesterday, today is clearing up day. I had to pop 4zits yesterday, i just had to.

Lips have gotten a lot more dry, and face is starting to begin to get a dryer, hard to open my mouth a bit. I have been taking my pills with a lot fattier meals as of late, and I think that's really ensuring the pill is doing its work much better.

no more rash on my arms, that's settled again.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/11/2016 7:28 pm

3 hours ago, savo0057 said:

Day 50: Breakout exploded yesterday, today is clearing up day. I had to pop 4zits yesterday, i just had to.

Lips have gotten a lot more dry, and face is starting to begin to get a dryer, hard to open my mouth a bit. I have been taking my pills with a lot fattier meals as of late, and I think that's really ensuring the pill is doing its work much better.

no more rash on my arms, that's settled again.

I feel your pain man, dry lips are the worst! Glad your arms are better and good luck with your treatment! You are just a few days ahead of me 

MemberMember
(@savo0057)

Posted : 04/23/2016 12:46 am

Day 62 : Face brokeout yesterday, 6 active pimples. Face still super dry consistently peels and such, moisturizer does the trick though.

Lips crazy dry still.

Chest acne hasn't changed. Still awful.

MemberMember
(@clareb78)

Posted : 04/23/2016 2:06 am

Hi I'm 2 1/2 weeks in on accutane...initially started on 60mg (high right?!) have moderate acne and im female I had joint aches during first week so only taking 40mg/day...another reason for this is I don't have an apt for the 4 week mark!! I don't think it's a good idea to wait two weeks with no meds at all?! I've not had the ib yet but I'm waiting for it ha ha! I started moisturising well straight away with effaclar h it's great stuff highly recommend it...also bought the nutritic lip balm also very very good at stopping the cracking especially in the corners ouch! I too got an excema type rash on my hands and arms and my gp gave me script for aquamax I really can't recommend this stuff enough it's actually cleared the rash and I'll keep using daily to keep it at bay...also saves having to use steroidal creams. Accutane is a rough journey sometimes but so worth it in the end you look like you're making great progress it's a total pain in the arse breaking out whilst taking it but it will get better!! X

savo0057 liked