(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 10/01/2016 11:07 am

2 hours ago, shadylee said:

Looking good!!!

thanks!! :)

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 01/19/2017 7:45 am

So months after I stopped taking accutane (I never finished the course), I'm starting to develop a teeny tiny bit of acne again.
It's not nearly as bad as it once was, but I'm pretty bothered by it.

I'm wondering if I should just finish the pills that I still have (they haven't expired yet and it's like one box and a half). I know that I'm sort of to blame for it as well because I haven't done a lot in the skincare department over the past couple of months, thinking my skin was good now and I didn't need it (oh silly me).

So I've been kind of out of it, thinking of starting on a new skincare routine (probably some Korean products as well, they worked pretty good while I was on Accutane) but not sure where the f I should begin, what my skin needs/can handle right now. I feel that my rosacea is flaring up a good bit as well although it could just be looking worse because it's winter and all.

Anyways... blegh I thought I was over this!  *should have finished the course while I was on it*

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 11/22/2018 6:51 am

My GP has given me a prescription for tretinoin cream (0.02% I believe). I've been using it everyday now for about a week or 2, but I haven't noticed much improvement yet in the areas I wanted it to. I am very discouraged right now because my acne is starting to become almost as bad as it was before. I don't think tretinoin is the answer, and my plan is to go back to my GP in a few weeks and try to get back on Accutane again. It sucks but it is the only thing I think that helped tbh.

The acne I'm suffering from now is on my cheeks, jawline and neck. It must therefore be hormonal, but I can't stop taking the pill. When I was on accutane, I had the copper spiral, but I had some issues with that and have since then gone back onYaz. I think Yaz might have even contributed to the acne coming back. But what other options do I have bc wise? I really do not want to be a doctor's experiment yet again and try different bc-pills in the hopes of finding one that doesn't make my face look like a pizza. I'd love a more natural approach to bc but those usually take away from the reliability of it. I am not going through the pain of having an IUD again, that's for sure. I feel very lost when it comes to this subject.

Anyhow, I'll keep you updated.

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 12/03/2018 6:52 am

Took some expired (6 months) Accutane that I still had lying around because I couldn't take it anymore. My skin was just .. ugh. I immediately regretted it because it obviously isn't the best idea to be taking expired pills. However, a week later my acne is clearing up. From 1 pill. Which I knew would happen.

It sucks so bad that this is the only thing that works. My insurance does not cover Accutane anymore so I'm reluctant to ask my GP for it again, but it just works so well..