Notifications
Clear all

Documenting My 'tane Journey 37 Year Old Female

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/08/2014 9:15 pm

Yeah, I read a statistic that about half of the Accutane users get their prescription delayed, but I guess there is a way to work around that lil problem. Extra pills instead of early appointments may do the trick.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/08/2014 10:20 pm

Lol, it's cute when people call their pimples cysts....what you got is definitely not a cyst and I wish I had your acne :P

Thanks for sharing your progress pics, it means a lot :)

How did you pick your products (Lancome)- based on reviews or you just happened to have them at home???

I have no idea what to use for myself, I got CeraVe AM moisturizer with 50SPF (still unopened :D), but that's not even covering the basics.

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/08/2014 10:46 pm

Lol, it's cute when people call their pimples cysts....what you got is definitely not a cyst and I wish I had your acne

Thanks for sharing your progress pics, it means a lot

How did you pick your products (Lancome)- based on reviews or you just happened to have them at home???

I have no idea what to use for myself, I got CeraVe AM moisturizer with 50SPF (still unopened ), but that's not even covering the basics.

I was interested in the Lancome product in the morning because it's for dry skin and I knew my skin would be getting drier. Normally my skin is not dry but on the Tane everyone is dry. It has Rosehip Seed oil, Rose, and is so nice to massage on the skin. I knew for night I wanted an oil cleanser to get off my makeup and help keep me from drying up. This particular Lancome product comes out a cream and you massage it all over and it turns into an oil. I really, really like it. It gets makeup off very well with no burning or anything. I like to use a thermal spray afterwards called Avene Thermal Spray. It feels so nice on the face and then moisturize with Avene Extreme Tolerance moisturizer (It's made for extremely sensitive skin and is a great product.) I also have that giant tub of CeraVe moisturizing cream that I think I will have the rest of my life. I had no idea how big it was when I bought it online!

I scoured the internet for product recommendations on accutane then narrowed it down and added the Lancome products in myself.

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/09/2014 12:50 pm

Ugh I woke up this morning with a painful cyst between my eyes. The worst possible spot! It hits my sunglasses and hurts! I confess to trying to lance it which made it red and angry and bigger. It's looking better after I iced it. I just keep telling myself it's a means to an end.

Today is day 20! I realized I'm going to miss at least 5 days of pills because I'll run out of pills two days before my dr's appt, then it will take a few days for bloodwork. iPledge is by far the worst part of this drug so far.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/09/2014 2:29 pm

How come everyone misses days because of this iPledge thing? Can't you just make your doctor's appointments in advance?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/09/2014 3:14 pm

We have yet to go through it....

How come everyone misses days because of this iPledge thing? Can't you just make your doctor's appointments in advance?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/09/2014 3:56 pm

I think if you just declare abstinence you don't have to deal with the whole iPledge thing. I think.

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/09/2014 6:10 pm

I'm hoping next month since the initial 30 days has passed I can get in earlier. The first 2 pregnancy test can be no earlier than 30 days apart because ipledge mandates it. It won't let the dr log any results earlier than that period. Ipledge is no joke.

The abstinence pledge would probably be ok for a teenager, but I'm married with kids and they wouldn't take my word for it. In this case the guys have it so lucky!!! They just get their script and are done. I've heard cases where lesbians still had to do the pregnancy tests monthly. I guess they don't trust people because they could lie.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/09/2014 8:40 pm

Ok that makes sense. Since you're married and everything there's more of a chance that you are going to be sexually active.

I guess I'm lucky because my derm is so wonderful and she trusts me when I say I'm not sexually active, and have never had to deal with anything to do with iPledge.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/09/2014 9:27 pm

Ugh, I have yet to speak with my doctor about this. I'd be like "Do you see my face? I don't have sex."

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/09/2014 10:43 pm

Ugh, I have yet to speak with my doctor about this. I'd be like "Do you see my face? I don't have sex."

If he doesn't let you do abstinence you'll need two different types of birth control. These birth defects must be reallllly bad. The first ipledge quiz you have to take before getting your prescription is about birth control.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/09/2014 11:36 pm

Yeah, I saw the pics with the birth defects....

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/10/2014 12:40 am

Honestly, if you KNOW you're not gonna have sex and they still say you have to go on birth control, you can just get your prescription filled but never take the pill. How are they gonna know? That's what I was gonna do but I never had to resort to it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/10/2014 3:10 am

Good one :D

I'm freeeee!!!!

Honestly, if you KNOW you're not gonna have sex and they still say you have to go on birth control, you can just get your prescription filled but never take the pill. How are they gonna know? That's what I was gonna do but I never had to resort to it.

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 07/10/2014 9:48 am

Ok that makes sense. Since you're married and everything there's more of a chance that you are going to be sexually active.

I guess I'm lucky because my derm is so wonderful and she trusts me when I say I'm not sexually active, and have never had to deal with anything to do with iPledge.

Just curious, if you declare abstinence do you still have to take a monthly pregnancy test? And you don't have to do anything with Ipledge?! You're so lucky!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/10/2014 11:12 pm

Nope :) I only took one with my first blood test to confirm that I wasn't pregnant. I didn't have to wait a month or anything either, because she knew I wasn't having sex. Everytime I go in she just asks me if I'm still choosing you remain abstinent, and I say yes, and that's it. I went in for another appointment today and she didn't even ask me this time. She just knows at this point.

MemberMember
(@dawgdaze64)

Posted : 07/11/2014 7:26 am

Hello rwpennell! I've been following your progress, since I'm about a week or two behind you. (I'm on 40mg per week as well, which my doc will bump up to 60 if my cholesterol tests better this next round of tests.)

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck and to second the ol' "iPledge/Blood Work Sucks" refrain. I'm 50 years old, and while I still get my period, my husband has a vasectomy and I've never had a pregnancy, so the chances of me getting pregnant are about as good as the chances that Elvis will rise from the dead.

The timing of everything is ridiculous. If you don't time your blood work and follow up appointment exactly right, if the pharmacy isn't stocked up, if your doc goes on vaycay without telling you, etc., you can stall your progress. Not to mention, all the extra hoop jumping adds on an extra expense to what is already an expensive treatment.

I'm also surprised that those gals who declare abstinence don't have to Pledge. My doctor told me everyone does, regardless. But she may be wrong.

At any rate, I hope things continue to go well for youand everyone taking this drug.

Rachelwp liked
MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/13/2014 5:25 pm

Here are my week 3 picks. It's definitely worse than when I started but it's a means to an end...

Also one to show the power of

derma blend foundation!

We went tubing down a spring. I was In The sun about 2 hours with SPF 70 and another SPF 50 on top and didn't burn at all. I also wore a hat and sunglasses.

Symptoms: really sore everywhere. Especially my ribcage and hips and neck. I'm also getting sandpaper skin. I tried to get a picture but I'm not sure if shows up.

My lips aren't bad at all right now nor am I dry anywhere else. I see the Derm again July 21st.

post-397119-0-55048500-1405289497_thumb.

post-397119-0-29684700-1405289511_thumb.

post-397119-0-58108200-1405289539_thumb.

post-397119-0-67316500-1405290293_thumb.

post-397119-0-29320400-1405290332_thumb.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/13/2014 5:41 pm

The IB sucks but you know you're getting somewhere :) Just remember that this is as bad as it's going to get!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/13/2014 5:44 pm

You look awesome :) how did u pick dermablend foundation? What have you tried in the past?

<3

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/13/2014 5:59 pm

You look awesome :) how did u pick dermablend foundation? What have you tried in the past?

<3

I've tried every foundation. I'm a makeup hoarder and Dermablend smooth indulgence is the best foundation for covering acne I've used. Tarte colored clay foundcealer is also great. Kat Von d lock it foundation covers really well too!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/13/2014 6:02 pm

I don't have much experience with expensive makeup, I think the most expensive I've bought was bare minerals, but in general I stick to neutrogena and loreal, which is probably why I hate wearing makeup lol

What's ur opinion on Lush and Jane Iredale?

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/13/2014 6:14 pm

I don't have much experience with expensive makeup, I think the most expensive I've bought was bare minerals, but in general I stick to neutrogena and loreal, which is probably why I hate wearing makeup lol

What's ur opinion on Lush and Jane Iredale?

I love LUSH in general, but don't recommend their foundation if you need coverage. Everything else is great! I haven't used Jane Iredale but I have a friend who likes it!

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/14/2014 1:57 pm

My triangle of acne on my cheek is drying up. This weekend one of them was really red and gross so I poked it with a needle and blood went everywhere. It had turned into a blood blister I guess. It was just blood under there pooling. I have a new baby on the side of my nose and under the chin. Tiny bumps still on my forehead and chin/side of face area.

I feel like I should be more dry than I am! My eyes get dry at night but other than that I'm good. Mood is still great!

For a review I'm still on 40 mg a day. Derm says she will up it at some point, but so far so good!

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 07/15/2014 9:55 am

Are you walking like a 100 year old person yet? Lol Anytime I get up from sitting somewhere for too long I feel like a 100 year old!