Newb

MemberMember
(@lilmama0922)

Posted : 10/16/2014 9:23 am

Hey ladies! Thanks so much for the advice. I will make sure to moisturized my hair more, and continue taking my supplements. So my skin was extremely oily, and I had hyper pigmentation (which has lightened up dramatically) while being on accutane. I did not get the dreaded IB and my skin was not even dried out on 100 mg (That can probably give you an idea of how oily I was) So biggest side effects I have experienced is chapped lips obviously, sore joints, and being exhausted. I've been working out more and that has given me more energy. High cholesterol runs in my family so I have really had to watch what I'm eating while I'm on this drug, but other than that my blood work is fine. I would say if your blood work is good, and you are not experiencing severe side effects and your doctor approves the bump up in dosage go for it. :)

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 10/17/2014 2:07 pm

Thanks Rachel!

I noticed a big difference in hair loss. I have long hair and have always shed alot but with being on accutane it didn't quite double but it was alot. I stopped washing my hair everyday (this is always when I noticed it the most). Its actually really nice not having to wash my hair everyday.

Sooooo I got the best news yesterday!! I had my routine monthly appt. with my Derm and he said I'm done, no more accutane for me! I was taken aback because I was supposed to complete a 6mth course and I had no time to prepare for being done. But I couldn't be more excited and just in time for my 30th birthday on Monday!! I am sooo thankful for Accutane but relieved that my bones won't hurt, no eye problems, no constantly picking at my lips, no more feeling lazy. I'm so happy! Just hope i stay clear and NO CYSTS! Fingers crossed!

Thank you all for helping me through this! It was so nice knowing I wasn't alone. And I'm not sure if I can stay away so I will still check in from time to time! I can't wait to see the results all of you have gotten too!

post-398154-0-22041100-1413572825.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/17/2014 5:40 pm

U look awesomeeeee !!!

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 10/19/2014 10:00 pm

You look magnificent!!!! I'm so happy for you and you got to finish early!!!! Enjoy that glorious skin because lord knows you deserve it after the Tane!

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 10/20/2014 2:40 pm

Thanks so much guys!!

MemberMember
(@bordercol71)

Posted : 12/17/2014 8:54 pm

Heyyyyy!! Just checking in to see how you have been doing? Any issues with your skin? Fill me in girl!! :)

Here is my update...My skin has been mostly clear except for the occasional little tiny pimple that is gone in a day or two. Nothing cyst-like at all. When people say they have been TOTALLY clear for months after Tane I wonder if they really are or if they are just not counting the little tiny ones cause they are nothing like what they are used to. I make sure to moisturize everyday because I know how important that is for your skin. I am able to wash my hair every 4-5 days...it used to be every other day before I started the med. My lips are pretty much back to normal...Thank GOD!!!! I use Aquaphor from time to time in this cold weather and dry heat in CT. My vision is pretty much back to normal I think. It was pretty blurry for a while when I was on the med, but now it seems to be back to normal. My nose is no longer dry. AND for the big one........my back and joints no longer ache!!! YAY!!! My skin is still a bit sensitive, but it is not red like it was before and it is much stronger than it was while on the med. All in all it was totally worth it for me to go through all the side effects for clear skin that I dont have to worry about anymore. I can go out in public without makeup and not feel strange and when I do wear makeup it glides on so nice and smooth.

Hope you love your results too!!

Erin