Notifications
Clear all

Low Dose Treatment Ib?!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 07/11/2014 9:44 am

-Day 67-

So, I still didn't get my period, it is a week late now. I have absolutely no pimples on any part of my face and body. I have lots of red scars and whiteheads and sadly, blackheads. But most of my blackheads are gone.

As I told before, I'm taking 20 mg every other day for the third and fourth month and it reduced the side effects. My lips and back feel better.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 07/14/2014 4:52 am

-Day 70-

Still no period. This is so frustrating, I'm going through all the PMS but still no period. I wonder if it's a side effect of the drug or is it just the climate change or stress? dunno.

I got 4 blemishes on random places of my face yesterday, I realized they've gotten bigger by this morning :( Every time I get a no-pimple-face for 5 or so days, I think '' This is it, no more pimples! Yay!!! '' But, no. I still get the fuckers. Euphoria never lasts :(

But I haven't gotten any pimple on my chest and back for at least a month, so that's kinda something!

My lips are back to normal, my skin is kind of on the oilier side (due to upcoming period probably). I wash my face with neutrogena deep clean when it gets oily and moisturize afterwards.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 07/16/2014 6:08 pm

-Day 72-

I finally got the period,yay! I won't have to pay the gynecologist an uncomfortable visit :D

Let's talk skin... Totally breaking out.

Horrific, if I dare.

I mean all the whiteheads and blackheads are on the surface, making my skin look as bumpy as a white chocolate crunch bar And I have around 7 pimples that are taking ages to recover. My skin is al flushed and red. I don't even wanna leave home. This is the worst accutane week so far.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 08/01/2014 2:43 pm

-Day 87-

I totally neglected my accutane log.

The horrible breakout I had two weeks ago cleared up completely and I was pimple-free for about 2-3 days. 4 days ago I visited my aunt's summer house, there is a private pool there so we were swimming all the time ( I avoided the dangerous hours ,12-3 ) I used the sunscreen I use daily ( solante acnes tinted spf 50 ) but since day one, I've been having a huge breakout, the worse than the one before.

My right cheek is filled with purplish-reddish scars, my chin is filled with pimples. They hurt like hell when I touch them by mistake, I popped one, I'm trying and resisting the urge to pop more.

I really need to talk to my dermatologist about these breakouts, I seemed to be doing fine before the reduction in my dose.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 08/13/2014 6:26 am

-Day 99-

Wow it's 99th day!

My skin is unfortunately not doing so well. I have lots of scars and whiteheads and blackheads still. I'll see my dermatologist on september 1st, I hope he'll increase my dose so I can go back to my good skin days I had while I was on 20 mg a day.

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 08/13/2014 7:28 am

Keep posting. I hope they up your dosage for you!

newslang liked
MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 08/14/2014 7:54 am

Thanks Welshy! I hope they will, I feel really down at the moment because of my current skin.

-Day 100-

At the beginning of this treatment I though I would have great skin by 100th day. I never had severe acne in my life ,it is mild but persistent acne I've been dealing with. On accutane ,things were great for a while, I had the times where I didn't get any sort of blemishes for days, I really miss that.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 08/22/2014 3:28 pm

-Day 108-

Oh my god you guys...

I got so monumentally fucked up last night.

I didn't completely cut off alcohol from my diet since the beginning of the journey but I've been only drinking one or two glasses when I go out ( not everytime I go out but sometimes.) Last night I was at a friends house and I guess drank around 7-8 cuba libres ? dunno. I got really really drunk. I've been puking all day long... Yikes. Accutane and alcohol definitely don't go well together, I normally can drink quite a lot and I don't puke and I don't get very drunk.

I'm warning everyone who reads this... Do not drink a lot on accutane. Definitely. I feel like shit.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 08/27/2014 6:03 am

-Day 113-

It's almost 4 months now !

My skin is doing ok now, almost completely healed from the previous huge breakout. It is not at all on the dry side anynore, it feels normal - rather oily. I can't wait to see my dermatologist after 4 months! I'll see him on september 1st, I hope he'll up my dose.

Being oily skinwise, but my scalp is not oily much, I can still go a couple of days without having to wash my hair. And my lips are a total bloody mess, literally.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 09/02/2014 1:42 pm

-Day 119-

So, I went to see my main dermatologist yesterday after 4 months.(I have two yeah but the other one only prescibes the drugs so I can buy them cheaper and he also does the bloodwork). He said that my skin has developed ''comedogenic acne'' because low dose wasn't enough for me. So he upped my dose back to 20 mg a day ! I'll be like this for month 5 and 6, month 7 will be 30 mg a day and ,hopefully my last month, month 8, will be 40 mg a day. And this will be my journey it seems.

He told me that I have no active acne at the moment and told me that I can throw away my Clindoxyl - which I used to put on individual acne overnight - and he gave me a new cream to put on my comodogenic acne areas - that happens to be mostly my chin area but I have some on my cheeks to - . This drug is called Isotrexin and he said that it's the cream form of accutane

If you have no idea what comodogenic acne is, you are not alone my friend. That was the first time I heard that too. It is basically pre-acne thingies. I though they were whiteheads but turns out they are this weird named thing. To describe what they look like, I guess the best way to say is they are bumpy,but skin colored and they are filled with puss- but not liquidy puss, like kinda more solidified puss- Sorry I know I'm gross when I describe acne

So, beginning month five huh ? Let's hope this time it works for good.

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 09/26/2014 3:20 am

-Day 143-

So I've totally neglected my accutane log.

A lot of things have been going on in my life lately so I was pretty busy this month, I didn't even realised it passing.

Let's begin..

I have lots and lots of scars on my cheeks and chin. I still have most of the comodogenic acne. My skin is on the 'normal' side, not even dry. But my lips are a total mess like they have been for the last 5 months.

I still use the same moisturiser, but I must have gone through like 4 tubes of different lip balms. I recently bought the Nivea Med one , it's pretty lovely on the lips.

There is this half filled half dead acne / acne scar between my eyebrows, it looks fucking ridiculous. And it has been there for about 15 days, hurray!

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 12/09/2014 10:53 am

-Day 218-

Hey guys, I'm not dead!

Being pretty bored I though I'd resurrect my accutane log.

This is month 8 day 8, I've been on 40mg a day for 8 days. And I regret starting accutane. At first it seemed to work and the it just stopped working. I'll do a quick list here for you.

19 yr old female 174 cms, 65 kgs

1st month - 20 mg a day = I got rid of the dead skin

2nd month - 20 mg a day = most of the month was acne free

3rd month - 20 mg every other day = things started being bad

4th month - 20 mg every other day =things mostly stayed bad

5th month - 20 mg a day = recovery

6th month - 20 mg a day = things were ok, then bad

7 month - 30 mg a day = good days and bad days, mostly bad

8 month - 40 = no miracle yet

My skin is WORSE then it used to be before accutane.

I have tons of scars, comodegenic acne and blackheads.

It's the eighth month an dI still get pimples. I mean come onnn it has been eight fucking months.

I'm so frusturated.

There were times I had a smooth and ok skin while on accutane, I guess I should've stopped then. I mean this is no initial breakout whatsoever. Constant breakout.

All accutane has been doing is giving me more skin problems.

I feel hopeless

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/09/2014 10:18 pm

Are you taking it with fatty food?

MemberMember
(@acne30-2)

Posted : 12/10/2014 6:35 pm

Who decided to put you on such a low dose? I have very stubborn acne and I know 20mg would not even touch the sides of my acne, I told my derm I wouldn't my max dose from start to finish.

I can't talk from experience as I haven't finished my first course but maybe a 2nd course for you is needed on a higher dose?

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 12/11/2014 1:16 pm

*Hello Accutane : I take it with either milk or water, it depends.

*Acne*30 : My dermatologist is supposed to be one of the best in Turkey, he charges so much and at first I wasn't going to him for acne but for some other skin issue - totally non acne related. - So I trusted him.

He said low dose treatment works on many patients of him, but sometimes it doesn't. Lucky me :(

When this month ends, I'll probably go see another dermatologist because I don't really trust this one anymore

MemberMember
(@newslang)

Posted : 12/30/2014 12:59 pm

-Day 239-

My skin has improved a little this month. Most of my comodegenic acne is gone. But the scars still make it look bad. I've changed my moisturiser last week, I use Nivea Aqua sensation now the nivea lady really praised it and so far it is ok. A lot less moisturising than the other Nivea I have used for months. This one is water based so maybe this'll be better.

I've found a cure for my super dry flakey lips - Neutrogena Nordic berry lip balm. Great stuff.

I'll be drinking tomorrow at the new years party I probably won't take my evening pill in order not to get super duper wasted, and it makes me throw up horribly when I drink a lot on accutane.

This is about it I guess, I'll update you in a couple of weeks

MemberMember
(@acne30-2)

Posted : 12/30/2014 4:23 pm

I'm on month 4 and still no miracle for me yet so I totally understand your frustration, I've just not read anywhere on here a story like yours and I feel really sad for you as I totally know what you mean about when you say your acne wasn't as bad as it has been on accutane , I feel there's no hope for me either, I thought id be clear by now but I'm not, I don't really know my derm to know if I can trust him or not( he's basically doing as I say lol)

After reading your log I personally would suggest having a break and finding a new derm.

You say you take the tablets with milk or water but have you taken them on a full stomach?

Acne aside I hope you have a great NYE :)