Notifications
Clear all

Argentinian Accutane Log ! 40Mg Male Carajo !

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/14/2014 12:27 pm

Hello acne.org family !! My name is Franco,i'm 17 years old and i am from Argentina ! (South America).

After hesitating for 1 month about taking or not accutane,i've decided to do it. Lots of people recommended it,obviously my derm too.

A bit of background history:

I am that case that had non-inflammatory acne since puberty. Closed comedones increased in amount trough a period of 4-5 years,to the point that i had them all around my face ! Every single pore was clogged with crap and shit !. I've never treated it and i occasionally had 2/3 pimples per month,nothing serious at all.

After my high school graduation (thanks god for this). I decided to start treating my comedonal acne. Started to use differin for 6 weeks. Did nothing,more than caused me to breakout more. I don't know if it was a coincidence or it all started with the differin but since here,my acne just went BOOM and ruined my face. Every single comedone started to become a pimple. After differin i tried benzoyl peroxide,erytromycin,minocycline,retin a,none did nothing or just helped as short term.

It's funny because my face looks like i been having suffering from severe acne for years,and i am just having it since 2/3 months. It's really hard for me because i take care a lot of my face. I used to have a really high confidence,but that just simple disappeared.It's amazing how acne can ruin an almost perfect life in so short time. I can't even look at myself in the mirror without crying. Marks,active pimples. I look awful and i feel disgusting. I usually ask to my self... why me ? why now ? why not in puberty like any other child ? it is my fault for trying prescription meds when i didn't needed them ? or it is just a coincidence and this was predestined ?

I actually feel like crap. I can't control how acne takes over my life. And it just keep worsening. I can't remember when was my last night when i slept without feeling pain from my postules.

I really have super high hopes of accutane. I know the risks,and i know the benefits. I can't let acne keep destroying my life. I've changed so much because of this,and i can't suffer it anymore.

(ro)accutane 20mg x 2 per day LOG [moderate acne]

treatment started 05/14/2014

Estimated treatment duration: 6 months.

1 day :

nothing to say really,just that i was super scared before taking it. i beg please that the treatment for me go "normal",just please.

Will be updating this log.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/18/2014 2:10 pm

day 5 : Starting to develop flu symptoms. Lucky me. Sore throat,light headaches,minor congestion. I know it is not caused by accutane because is normal for me to get colds at this time of the year,and i am really sensitive to drastic climate changes and thats is what is happening now here . Anyways is pure coincidence. Im taking two ibuprofen per day plus using an analgesic spray for the throat. It should be gone or at least better by this week. I'm still taking 40 mg a day. Hopefully the flu will be gone after the side effects really kick in !

Side effects : none. My lips are getting progressively drier,as my throat and overall skin (even "down" there!!). Nothing serious. Anyways since my throat is drier,the soreness is kinda worse. T-zone is a bit less oilier.

Acne progress : no signs of initial breakout or whatsoever. Got two small but painful pimples on the right side of my forehead. The old active ones seems to be drying up.

MemberMember
(@tedd93)

Posted : 05/18/2014 2:36 pm

good luck man! i'm a day ahead of you in treatment with a higher dose but so far im doing well. i am preventing a lot of my dry skin and lips with these products: Cerave moisturizing cream and aquaphorus balm and burt bees chap stick. drinking a LOT of water helps too! good luck !

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/18/2014 5:33 pm

Thanks,it's nice to see how people that are into the same treatment support each other. Drinking a lot of water seems to reduce a lot the dryness on my mouth (obviously lol). I always carry a bottle with me.

Let's stay positive and beat acne.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/21/2014 11:32 am

day 7: Flu symptoms are better now. No more sore throat. I still do have congestion and light headache when i wake up.

side effects: nothing much to say..since here is getting colder,my lips are pretty bad. not chapped or bleeding,but they are pretty much dry as a desert. Using nivea chap stick with jojoba oil and karite butter. Really good stuff. I can notice that my upper back / spine fells like achy ???. I don't know if it is because of accutane or it is because i'm trying to improve my posture,and i am sitting straight all day long.

acne progress: i still have a bit of oil on my nose. my forehead is almost completely dry. yesterday wake up with two little pimples on the right side of my nose (ugh),and one on my right cheek. So far,i'm not having a noticiable initial breakout and my skin is really improving. Lots of dry pimples.

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 05/21/2014 1:08 pm

Good luck to you :) I am only 6 days ahead of you. Not much going on here just dry and itchy face and chapped lips. Here's to hoping our time goes fast!!

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/21/2014 8:44 pm

Good luck to you I am only 6 days ahead of you. Not much going on here just dry and itchy face and chapped lips. Here's to hoping our time goes fast!!

the chapped lips are REAL lol !!. I'm just getting now the over-dried face. Flaky skin everywhere !!. Good luck to you also girl ! Its so good to see how people support each other in the accutane logs

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 05/22/2014 2:38 pm

Yes it is, reminds us we're not alone!

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/24/2014 10:36 am

day 10:

acne progress: still not having an noticiable initial breakout. I did have 3/4 pimples that came and go in the same day. My right cheek is looking better,two actives at the moment there. Left cheek haves a couple more. Forehead haves two or three. Lots of PiH everywhere that seems to be fading a bit since i am on accutane.

side effects:

joint pain/soreness:

my body knows that i am messing with it. Completely sore back. From the neck to my hips. Like if i slept in a bad position. For some reason,my upper back is more sore than my lower back. It may be since i had an injury there long time ago,but it healed fine (bone edema). It's not unbearable,but it hurts if i maintain a poor posture. I spend most of my time sitting,making videos,so today i started to do an postural workout routine. I hope these release a bit of pain. I don't fell pain in any other joint. Knees,elbows and ankles are completely fine. Hips and lower back hurt as soon i wake up. Upper back,neck and chest fells uncomfortable most of the day and hurts when sitting to much time.

dryness:

lips:are constantly peeled off. they are kinda bright red most of the day,and fell SUPER uncomfortable and tight. I have to keep applying chap stick every 30 minutes or so,to fell human again lol. Anyways they are not cracking nor bleeding,but i can't open my mouth widely or laugh to hard because of the tightness. Every time i wake up my lips seems to want to heal but they can't,so i am covered in death flaky skin that is disgusting and fell awful. I use a warm washcloth to remove it and then apply my nivea chap stick. This process repeat trough the day,but is less noticeable. Today i'm trying vaseline,maybe it will help.

face: this is so cool,my face is SO smooth (besides the bumpy texture from acne,ugh). this may sound disgusting but i don't even have to wash my face more than when i shower. I haves some peeling spots there and there that are quick fixable with moisturizer.

so this is kinda weird lol. i've noticed that my man parts are dryier. My urethra stigs a liiiittlee bit when masturbating,but this happens since is really dry and i am irritating it. Using lube when masturbating haves completely fixed it. Anyways you should always use lube when doing it.

overall body: no changes

fatigue/headaches: kinda felling a bit down these days,but not serious at all. my head fells tired and i do experience some really light headaches trough the day.

i hope these side effects reduce trough my course ! or i may be quitting it.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/26/2014 4:51 pm

day 12 : called my derm due to questions about my moderate overall back pain and my minor hair loss. She told me to take 20 mg one day and 40 mg the other,and so,for a week. I've got an apointment with her next monday. We will discuss how should i proceed.

about the hair loss: my overall body hair is like fragile. I can remove some of them by just pulling them a bit. This is more noticiable on my eyebrows and a bit on my eyelashes. I notice that,when i rub my eyebrow,a hair or two falls out. I think this is due to the dryness,not TE. The hair on my head,was pretty messy,dry and fuzzy. I started to use an hairloss shampoo 2 times per week (pantene pro v hairloss) and a conditioner everyday for damage ,moisture and dandruff (pantene pro v total damage care). I leave the conditioner on my head like for 3,4 minutes while i shower. I try to massage slowly my head to get the conditioner really deep into my hair. Then i rinse it away with water. The same with the shampoo,the days i use it,but i don't leave it on my head to much time.

So far,this is my third day with this new shampoo/conditioner regimen. Hair looks about a 90% better. It does fell a lot less dryer,and is not fuzzy at all. I can't say anything about the hair loss since is too soon to see if this regimen is mantaining alive my hair. But the texture fells a lot better and healthier,pretty much normal. Anyways my hair is for sure thinner.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 06/04/2014 1:15 pm

day 21: just came back from my derm appointment. We discussed about the hair loss. Unfortunately,i'm still loosing hair all over my body (head,eyebrows,eyelashes,body hair),but is not serious. I'm shedding 15 hairs max per day,mostly 10 per day (on my head,i don't count the ones from my body i don't really care). Is not noticeable yet on my hair line or on my overall hair amount at all. She told me to maintain my reduced dose (20 mg one day,40 mg the other), and also told me that lowering my dose to 20 mg everyday won't do to much,hair will surely still shedding,and she doesn't want to extend even more my course. I'm keeping this dosage for 1 week more from now,then i have another appointment with my derm and HOPEFULLY my hair shedding will not get worse and PROBABLY stops or reduce. If the hair fall gets worse,my derm already told me that treatment has to be immediately stopped,since even 5mg of accutane per week will still cause it once it have already started. If it doesn't get worse or better,and maintains like this,i will keep doing the treatment.

For anyone experiencing this, (hair falling with white bulb at the end),using any kind of conditioner,supplement or whatever WHILE TAKING ACCUTANE,will not work,help,reduce or fix it. It will be a waste of time and money,but you can start using hair loss supplements/shampoos AFTER you end your accutane treatment,to help the hair recovery. Anyways i highly recommend using a deep conditioner every day so you can maintain your hair "alive",since accutane dries it up a lot,and looks lifeless,dull and fuzzy.

Ok,so acne: no initial breakout for me. i may had one but was BARELY noticiable,so i don't consider it as a IB. Two or three painful ones per week. Write now,i don't have BIG painful pimples actives. I do have like mini whiteheads that come and go overnight,mainly on my forehead. My right cheek is absolutely clear,some scabs,hyperpigmentation and healing cysts-bumps. Left cheek still a problem. No actives,but lots of scabs and bumps and peeling and hyperpigmentation,yuk. Fells awful to touch. Forehead has some mini whiteheads that are drying up really fast. I don't have any hiperpigmentation nor bumps or scabs there,don't know why. At the sides of my forehead (sides of the eyes) i do have some bumps,especially on my right side from a really big cysts that healed,but my left side,where i had some pimples,now is smooth and healing. I don't have any body acne.

side effects: main concern: hair loss/dryness,but trying to keep relaxed and busy. more stress = more hair loss. back pain,mostly lower: TRY TO BE ACTIVE (no weight lifting at least for me), WALK,RUN SOMETIMES,CYCLING. Focus on cardio and posture. Also do stretches !!! this is super important,your spine chord is absolutely DRY,you need to keep it on movement and lubrication,or it will hurt more !!. nose bleeds: lol,everytime i wake up. use vaseline before going to sleep,easy solution. dry lips: for some reason this got better. they are not swollen and bright red now,but they are mega dry and without skin most of the time. Anyways i got used to it and applying chap stick is like an everyday thing now. I look like an model with the shiny lips but whatever,i don't care. eczema: some itching on my legs,nothing serious at all.

will keep updating !!

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 06/16/2014 9:22 am

day 33: finished my first month !!!!!!!!. just came back from my derm appointment (i always say this lol). blood work is completely fine ! my cholesterol levels raised a little bit,but nothing to worry about at all,the rest is all gooood. I'm maintaining the same dose (40 mg one day 20mg the other) fo da next 6 months. Next appointment is in 20 days.

side effects: pretty much the same,back pain,hair loss and overall dryness. Any of them worsened or got better. I still shed 8-15 head hairs a day. My hairline is not receding,changing or anything. My hair does fells and looks finer,drier,dull and fuzzy. Back pain hurts moderately when bending/lay down-up/maintain bad posture. I'm still doing the stretching routine everyday,and it seems to be helping.

acne: last week i broke out all over my face,but just one/two pimples on each part of my face lol. Now i just have two active pimples on my right cheek. Left cheek is clearing really fast,forehead is 90% clear,temples haves healing bumps and my right cheek is where the mess is. Lots of healing stuff and active acne. Since i have light brown skin,i have these awful hyperpigmentation/scab things while my acne heals,that looks worse that the acne itself,but it is a sign that i am clearing right ?? :). I'm also breaking out in the top of my shoulders,and a bit on my back,but nothing important.

advises for those that are in doubt of taking accutane: first month is shit. lots of new acne,scary side effects,no improvements,bullshit. Accutane is not a just "take it" pill. You will suffer from side effects while you are on it,and you have an 1%,even lesser chances of suffering permanent ones. If you have irresponsible acne that is taking over your life,you will have to take the chance with accutane.

Remember,you may be afraid of accutane,but you may also die this very same day. Take the chance with accutane,DON'T STRESS about the side effects,DON'T READ STUFF from the internet,ask EVERYTHING to your derm,go for a LOW DOSE if you are scared,PAY ATTENTION and TAKE CARE of your body,if you fell like it doesn't worth it STOP TAKING IT,you have the power of decision.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 06/20/2014 9:11 am

day 37: well,accutane has to be stopped for a week or so. dealing since past week with bowel issues. I woke up past Friday with nausea and diarrhea,next day,and also the next one,i ate really incorrectly foods because i was felling better (my bad) and since monday i can't poop correctly,i'm constipated,bloated and my stomach does uncommon noises (no pain nor bleeding). I already have hemorrhoids before accutane,and this bad week of mixing accutane side effects with two days of awful eating (lots of fatty food,icecream),activated/inflamed my internal hemorrhoids again,sucks.

Since accutane is not helping at all my digestive tract,my derm told me that i could stop if i wanted for a week or a bit more 'till my digestives issues get better. Accutane stays in your body for months,if not more. So,you can stop it and them resume it.

I'm using a hydrocortisone cream on my rectal tract 2 times a day (sounds awful,but i'm used to use it) for the inflammation that hemorrhoids cause. I'm also evading fatty/bad foods/liquids. Eating foods high in fiber and increased my water intake.

Yesterday was my last accutane dose,i shouldn't take it,but i'm not worse today thanks god. I hope i can resume it next week since i'm having really good improvement now.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 07/14/2014 2:29 pm

day 61: still dealing with GI issues. Mostly anal inflammation and some itching from the damned hemorrhoids. The constipation has been reduced a lot. Im taking a fiber supplement that so far,is helping plus a healthy diet. Stools are still not 100% normal. Sometimes they look good,other days they look really small and fragmented. No blood,no abdominal pain,no weight loss,fatigue,fever,headaches,abnormal muscle aches or diarrhea.

So it's not IBS/IBD or related shit. Just hemorrhoids (that i previously had,long time ago) that are causing constipation,some bloating and itching,triggered again by a combination of bad food habits and accutane.

So,i kept taking accutane,after 4 days of rest. Same dosage,20 mg one day,40 mg the other.

Symptoms now,didn't got worse so far.

So,my acne: this month,my face improved A LOT. I don't have any active pimple at this very moment. And if i do,it is very small,and it's gone in the same day.I do have some spots and raised bumps that are healing

Main concern now is...red marks/hyperpigmentation... have them all around my face !!..but no new acne=marks will fade :).

I also have to add that unfortunately accutane has caused some minor shallow scarring on my skin. But i'm confident that they will look better/refill a bit in the future,when the treatment is done.

side effects bitch: manageable dry lips,dry skin everywhere,minor abnormal hair shedding all over my body (no hair loss,my hair grows normally),hair thinning and dryness,lower back pain when bending/maintaining bad posture,minor skin scarring,slower skin healing,slower muscle recovery after working out and the constipation/hemorrhoids.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/02/2014 10:46 am

day 80: two weeks ago my dosage upped to 40 mg every day. (one pill at lunch,other at dinner)

acne: two weeks that i don't see any new pimple on my face. I do see some blackheads emerging to surface and being purged. (sometimes i carefully pick at them to speed up things,but i don't recommend it). I'm breaking out on my shoulders.

Main concern now,still are the red marks and hyperpigmentation,but they seem to be SLOWLY fading.

I don't know whats my situation on scars. I can't distinguish them because of the red marks,but i do see some shallow ones.

side effects

still dealing with internal hemorrhoids. I'm still taking the fiber supplement,that helps a lot. Not experiencing abdominal pain,bloating,blood,diarrhea, constipation,itching or stinging on the anus area. I do have some gas caused by the fiber supplement.

Also,my hair (body wide) sheds more than normal. I'm not loosing it. I still cut my hair once per week like i did before accutane. Hair is completely dry and a bit thinner. Things that are logical since i don't have nutrients on my hair. Shampooing twice a week and conditioning every day seems to help and give some life to my head.

lower back pain,and some upper back pain. Nothing serious so far. It doesn't bother during exercising

dry skin and lips well,you all know about this.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/22/2014 10:43 am

day 100:

Super happy that i reached 100 days !!.

Two days ago i went to the dermatologist for the monthly blood test check,and they were perfectly good. Cholesterol was even lower.

We also talked about upping my dose from 40mg to 60mg. She didn't wanted me to take 60mg every day,so my new dose is 40 mg one day,60 mg the other. If i can tolerate it good,i will end my course with that dose (two and a half months more). If i don't,i will go back to 40 mg every day (with this dose it will be 4 months more). So hopefully my body will tolerate the new dose

So,SIDE EFFECTS TIME BRO: Same stuff as usual. Dry as balls lips and skin (i have some eczema on my arms,corticosteroid cream and FIXED SON). Dry and abnormal body wide hair shedding. (NO HAIRLOSS,i keep cutting my hair once per week so be calm),kinda thinner hair due to the dryness,and dry eyes. Lower back pain is still there,but is not serious at all (hope this doesn't worsen with the new dose) and accutane is still messing with my pre existing internal hemorrhoids (still taking a fiber supplement that helps a lot). And nothing else i think so

MY ACNE : well,my face has cleared a lot. I don't have any new acne on my cheeks. But since i started to workout a month ago,some zits appeared on my forehead. I don't know if it is a coincidence,since i have some clogged pores there. I do still have clogged pores on my face that keep surfacing (this mofos were hiding deep),but i don't touch them. Let accutane do IT'S THING BRAH. Also working out helps a lot with fading red marks and hyperpigmentation. Anyways they are still there.

In conclusion,so far im super happy with accutane. Its giving me back the confidence i used to have. I fell motivated and happy. People tell me how much my face changed,and i fell super good beside the side effects :).

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 12/07/2014 11:16 pm

Accutane course ended on 26 of November.

%100 Clear. No acne on my face nor on my body (back,chest or shoulders).

May have a couple of closed comedones / blackhead there and there.

Minor scarring and hiperpigmentation.

Side effects are still present after 1 week and 6 days of quitting the 'tane. But dryness on the lips is a bit less severe.

So far, the best decision of the year. Confidence is back, i feel good, happy and relaxed.

I would recommend Accutane to anyone that is being severly psychologically affected by acne, and of course have very bad acne.

To anyone out there hesitating about taking it... the treatment is extremely hard for almost everyone. The drug changes your body while you're on it and your only option is to get used to it because you can do nothing to change it while you take it. It's not impossible to live with it but is kinda uncomfortable till you get used to it.

Oh and also, don't you ever wash your brain with reading dumb shit on the internet. ALWAYS ask to your doctor,family, friends and those who really toke it. DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING POSTED ON A ONLINE FORUM OR WEB SITE.