Kim's Log

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 10/19/2014 6:05 pm

How's your skin going now Kim, still well I hope? Are you still on the same BP regimen? Are you back on some sort of hormonal treatment too? I'm winding down my course so am starting to think about post accutane regimen. Probably go back to some sort of regimen involving BP. Are you using the 2.5% strength BP?Wishing you well, hope life is good :)

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 11/09/2014 8:02 pm

Just got back from my brother's wedding in one of the hottest, most humid countries in the world. Holy crap, there was no hope of keeping my makeup on. BUT - although it was certainly easier not being around too many people I knew (just family), I felt okay about it. Most of my redness is gone, and the scars I endured have faded so much, I didn't even feel like they were noticeable. It was pretty liberating to not feel like I NEEDED makeup just to look normal. And nice to jump on the sea and not care if my face got wet!

Skin is still doing great. Still paranoid every time I think I feel something, but so far, nothing has actually happened. My nose has gone back to getting a bit oily throughout the day, but I have had a shiny nose for as long as I can remember, so no shocker there. Otherwise, the oiliness has not returned anywhere else, so that makes me hopeful that the zits will stay away too as oiliness and acne generally go hand in hand for me.

Glad I did this second course, and thankful for the results I have so far.

Bump. How's it going Kim?

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 11/11/2014 2:17 pm

Almost 6 months post tane and still doing great.

I am still using 2.5 % BP twice a day - a pea sized amount mixed into my moisturizer morning and night. I don't use any other acne products, just wash with a gentle cleanser, put on the BP moisturizer combo and done.

I am also still on Diane, an anti-androgen pill because going off it was what landed me back on accutane, so not playing that game again until I have to - hoping that is still quite a few years away.

This time last year was really bad for me. What a difference a year makes, lol.

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 11/11/2014 6:45 pm

I am still using 2.5 % BP twice a day - a pea sized amount mixed into my moisturizer morning and night. I don't use any other acne products, just wash with a gentle cleanser, put on the BP moisturizer combo and done.

I am also still on Diane, an anti-androgen pill because going off it was what landed me back on accutane, so not playing that game again until I have to - hoping that is still quite a few years away.

Awesome Kim! I have sadly never got to the point of no zits. I'm past the year mark on tane. Derm appointment next week and I'll probably be off it. Petrified of what comes next. I think either a combination of BP and a retinoid or just one of them. Other than tane only Dan's reg has worked for me, but i don't want to go back to using that much BP twice a day.

Thanks for the response and the support over my journey. It has been a lonely road and I have had no real life support. Appreciate it, you are a gem :)

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/03/2014 5:30 pm

Woohoo! I was just thinking the same thing...what a difference the year makes! It was right around this time last year that I made the decision to start accutane...I was so scared, but I am so happy that I did! Fingers crossed for continued clarity :)

MemberMember
(@lovelouisv)

Posted : 12/02/2015 1:46 pm

Hey Kim, remember me? Are you still on here? How's your skin doing? I'm about to start Accutane 2.0, sooo I could be better. Hoping that your skin is still clear and amazing...I don't want to have to keep doing this!

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 12/26/2019 4:34 pm

Sorry to report Im on a third round. Bright side: still works!

Had a second child in 2016 and decided not to go back on BC. When I went off it to have baby 2, I realized it was the cause of some health issues like heart racing and sweating. So many horror stories about Diane, I decided I might as well stop. Id rather keep off it but well see. I dont know if I can keep my acne from returning.

Skin was good until about a year ago. Started getting huge angry chin cysts again. Always just a couple at a time but HUGE and painful. Always leaving scars. Back to derm. She recommended aczone. The last topical I used destroyed my face. I was afraid. Went to a new derm. She says lets get you back on Accutane. Works for me and she had the attitude that its not something to fear. I appreciated her. She listened.

Started course 3 in August. Cleared up quickly this time, thank god. Round 2 was such a hard journey.

Even though it sucks to do it again, it gives me a lot of hope that it still works and maybe I can get a few years of peace again.