Notifications
Clear all

Leaving Your Dermatologist Mid-Treatment

MemberMember
(@se4ne)

Posted : 12/08/2013 3:55 pm

I'm planning on starting Accutane mid-december and understand roughly how the treatment works. The first month is usually the worst with monthly check ups etc. However, in April, I'll be starting an internship on the other side of the country. This would be about 4 months into my treatment. Is this going to be a problem if I won't be able to see my dermatologist for the last two months of my treatment? I'll still have contact with her via email etc but no face to face contact. Thanks

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 12/08/2013 5:43 pm

you wont be able to receive the rest of the meds because they have to consult you and take your blood. :/

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 12/08/2013 6:22 pm

Couldn't you maybe get your derm to recommend someone where you will be then? If you start looking into it now, you might be able to find someone before the time arrives.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 12/08/2013 8:44 pm

Depending on your location, you most likey will not receive your medications any longer. Without monthly blood tests the medication is a no go. That's the rules in the US anyway. If you in the UK or Canada I've heard of people getting thier whole course at once even.