Accutanity!

MemberMember
(@muttnchops)

Posted : 07/22/2013 3:18 pm

Here are pics taken today. It was just after showering so my face was a bit more flushed than the usual red tone I have had since starting 'tane. Fairly smooth although I do still have noticeable scabs from picking (i know, terrible ;_; ) at the pimples i got over a week ago. I definitely have noticed that they are healing very very slow compared to when i'd probe and pick before I started Absorica.

As you can see though, no large nodule or cystic-type spots! yay!

post-210742-0-78047500-1374524286_thumb.

post-210742-0-47670600-1374524303_thumb.

post-210742-0-78047500-1374524286_thumb.

post-210742-0-47670600-1374524303_thumb.

MemberMember
(@muttnchops)

Posted : 07/23/2013 12:36 pm

Okay, I've got a question for y'all.

Had my dermatologist appt today to be prescribed for month 3 beginning in a few days. She looked at my face and said there was good improvement and she may be able to pull me off after month four of Isotretinoin and that we will wait and see.

I know its in the future and who knows if this will actually happen, but thinking ahead I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand I can't wait to be off of Absorica and not deal with my flushed face and dry skin/lips anymore. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure i've heard that if you dont go the full length of treatment (which for me was originally said to be 6 months) then it increases your likelyhood of acne returning.

What do you guys think??

MemberMember
(@richardb)

Posted : 07/23/2013 4:45 pm

Definitely finish a full course or you have a higher chance of relapse.

MemberMember
(@muttnchops)

Posted : 07/24/2013 11:34 pm

richard: Do you know of any kind of resource that explains and shows this? Or how i know what a full course is for me(From my understanding, its all about the cumulative dosage which changes depending on age, weight, etc.)? Ive been searching online but many of them just seem more like opinions than facts.

I did question my dermatologist when she mentioned the four month thing, asking her if it's true that theres a higher chance of relapse if i stop before the full 6 month period. She didnt seem to think that would be an issue/concern at all and said if i stopped before 4 months then yes but she usually only keeps people on the full 6 months if they have more stubborn acne, like back acne.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 07/25/2013 2:51 am

Review of studies on acne relapses following Accutane/isotretinoin treatment:

http://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/90646

MemberMember
(@muttnchops)

Posted : 08/04/2013 12:09 pm

Hello all! Sorry, feels like ive been gone for a while but im back.. Thanks Biggs for that resource. definitely helped clear things up for me.

Its DAY 66 for me!

Sooo I went on that sailing trip I think I mentioned earlier and it was so nice to not worry about putting makeup on! I did get a tiny cystic zit near my chin but it wasnt painful or large enough to really bother me much. However even though I was ALWAYS wearing sunscreen I managed to get ridiculously burnt while we were on our way back from Catalina Island.

Right now I have no active pimples. I still have one or two scabby spots from old pimples drying out and taking forever to heal, but its whatever.

My face is so terribly dry though, especially the area around my mouth. As in peeling scales of skin everywhere in that area even though I've been moisturizing 2x daily. My only solution is slathering aquaphor on the flaking scaly area as well as on my lips. Unfortunately for me, even though i put on makeup, it definitely doesn't hide the waxy look that aquaphor is giving off all around my mouth and chin. I dont even care anymore though. Ill take shiny and waxy over dry and flaking anytime..

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 08/13/2013 3:19 pm

Im on my 7th month! I'm taking 60mg a day. I'm 16,5'8" and weigh 115lbs. My cheeks took literally forever to clear up and I sill have a few stuck under there! I feel like the cheeks are always the most difficult area to get rid of acne and kit causes the most scarring and red spots!