Notifications
Clear all

15 Year Old Female- Roaccutane Uk- Let's Do This! (Pictures Included)

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 12/08/2013 5:49 am

hey, i'm disappointed to tell you that i've now in the process of arranging a consultation again with the dermatologist. My acne has been as i guess it was a few months before it got very serious. One day it would be okay, then the next around 5-8 pimples would pop out, mainly on my nose and forehead. Today a massive one has come out on my forehead above my right eyebrow and I have a handful on my nose and one down on my chin, also a couple popping up on my cheek. So yeah, I tried to put it off because over the past week it's been okay, i think at one point for one day I had no spots, but i know just like last time it's getting worse and worse until it will probably get to a similar point to before.

I'm not sure what the derm will give me; it may even clear up a bit by the time i see him as that's what it normally does but it has been getting worse so I don't really know. The stuff I've used hasn't worked, maybe help the spots a little bit but hasn't actually prevented them from coming out still.. my skin is very oily... it just takes one wash of the face to feel how oily it is in comparison to before.

I can honestly say I hope to be back on accutane and maybe even a higher dose than before so I can just get rid of these things once and for all. They are really annoying me haha. But yeah I'll keep you posted smile.png

That must suck, I'm really sorry to hear that :(

Make sure you message me to let me know how you get on. Good luck and just remember that one day this will all be over :)

MemberMember
(@devyani)

Posted : 12/16/2013 10:47 am

hey i am 25 yr old female and..i am on accutane for 6 weeks now. i am relatively getting less acne than before..but i am really really worried about my red marks that are left on my face after the acne i had. My derm says that 90% of marks will be gone..but i find it hard to believe. Ppl please tell me that how long did it take u to get rid of the red marks u had from the acne. I know it will not help the acne scars but i am still expecting i will be rid of red acne marks with accutane. I have seen pictures of ppl on accutane having highly reduced red marks. please share your experience..i need help and hope :(

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 12/16/2013 11:30 am

hey i am 25 yr old female and..i am on accutane for 6 weeks now. i am relatively getting less acne than before..but i am really really worried about my red marks that are left on my face after the acne i had. My derm says that 90% of marks will be gone..but i find it hard to believe. Ppl please tell me that how long did it take u to get rid of the red marks u had from the acne. I know it will not help the acne scars but i am still expecting i will be rid of red acne marks with accutane. I have seen pictures of ppl on accutane having highly reduced red marks. please share your experience..i need help and hope sad.png

My red marks faded on their own throughout my time on accutane. I used Bio Oil on them but I'm not sure if this helped.

Look at my photos, I had awful red marks before accutane and then, as if by magic, they disappeared.

Honestly, you'll get there, I thought I never would but look at how my skin is now. Just hang in there :)

MemberMember
(@devyani)

Posted : 12/16/2013 11:52 am

i am really soo much happy to see your skin..and it gives me hope that my red marks will also go away soon... as i had deep cystic acne and left noticable red marks and some of them only darkening with time. Can u tell me what other things u have used on your face other than moisturizer? or just 40mg/day accutane and moisturizer on face thats it? i heard that skin becomes very sensitive on accutane and i should not be using nything else :(..but these red marks...what else i can do for them? :((

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 12/16/2013 1:34 pm

i am really soo much happy to see your skin..and it gives me hope that my red marks will also go away soon... as i had deep cystic acne and left noticable red marks and some of them only darkening with time. Can u tell me what other things u have used on your face other than moisturizer? or just 40mg/day accutane and moisturizer on face thats it? i heard that skin becomes very sensitive on accutane and i should not be using nything else sad.png..but these red marks...what else i can do for them? sad.png(

I used Bio Oil for the red marks, I applied this before my moisturiser when I was on accutane. However, as frustrating as it may be, the best thing to heal them is time. :)

MemberMember
(@chrisshort)

Posted : 12/17/2013 6:23 pm

hey- just to keep you posted.

I'm kind of annoyed at the minute because after almost a week of looking to this appointment which was 'meant' to be for tomorrow, it turns out my Mum had lied about it, simply to get me to stop asking i guess? Apparently she couldn't get through to make the appointment but she probably only tried once.. i've been asking her about it for about a week and a half now and she 'forgot' over the last few days cause i figured as an appointment was booked (as i guess she told me blatantly to get me off her trail about it) there was no need to ask about it.

Anyways i guess this will mean that I won't be able to go until a few weeks time, guessing christmas holidays - new year and all that, but when I do I will for sure keep you posted and tell you what happens :)

To be honest, My acne isn't that bad, infact some people barely notice there is much. But the thing is it just gradually worsening and the fact is it can suddenly become really bad in a day, and another be okay - i'd just like to see what the derm would recommend. I can handle one or two, maybe three over the course of a week. But when they all come out at the same time, in various different places and they are unexpected, then that's when I get annoyed and I'd rather just stay with clear skin to be honest.

Anyways, i'm kind of raged :) but if I don't get an appointment in beforehand have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and hope you stay with clear skin during the cold period ;)

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 12/20/2013 11:49 am

hey- just to keep you posted.

I'm kind of annoyed at the minute because after almost a week of looking to this appointment which was 'meant' to be for tomorrow, it turns out my Mum had lied about it, simply to get me to stop asking i guess? Apparently she couldn't get through to make the appointment but she probably only tried once.. i've been asking her about it for about a week and a half now and she 'forgot' over the last few days cause i figured as an appointment was booked (as i guess she told me blatantly to get me off her trail about it) there was no need to ask about it.

Anyways i guess this will mean that I won't be able to go until a few weeks time, guessing christmas holidays - new year and all that, but when I do I will for sure keep you posted and tell you what happens smile.png

To be honest, My acne isn't that bad, infact some people barely notice there is much. But the thing is it just gradually worsening and the fact is it can suddenly become really bad in a day, and another be okay - i'd just like to see what the derm would recommend. I can handle one or two, maybe three over the course of a week. But when they all come out at the same time, in various different places and they are unexpected, then that's when I get annoyed and I'd rather just stay with clear skin to be honest.

Anyways, i'm kind of raged smile.png but if I don't get an appointment in beforehand have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and hope you stay with clear skin during the cold period wink.png

Hey :) I'll message you my reply to try and keep this thread as relevant as possible :)

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 12/27/2013 10:53 am

2 Months After Finishing Roaccutane

So it's been 2 months and I still feel amazing. After much thought about what to use on my skin, I have been using Finacea down the sides of my nose to keep those tiny spots at bay and it has been working well.

My skin is no longer dry but has also not returned to the oily mess it used to be. I also had a strange sensation on my hair recently; GREASE!! So the oil has returned to my hair, which means it is looking much less damaged smile.png

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still good and looking forward to 2014!

I'd like to wish everyone out there a happy (and acne-free!) new year! smile.png

MemberMember
(@chrisshort)

Posted : 12/28/2013 6:55 am

good to hear, really happy for you! happy new year and sorry about the irrelevant posts ;)

MemberMember
(@devyani)

Posted : 01/07/2014 12:08 pm

Hey there! i am back again...with my queries :D but this truly where i get my answers from the actual accutane user :D and actual results :D. I have been on isotretinoin 40mg/day for 2 months 10 days now...but i cannot see it respond as much as i have expected. Ppl get to see positive results in 6-8 weeks...but i have been taking it for 2 months 10 days now and getting really impatient and worried that y it isnt working yet. I just want to ask u that how much time did it take for you to see the actual positive results and when did u actually stop breaking out and just healing of acne was continued? please help me...i need to know this as i am planning to visit my derm :(

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 01/09/2014 12:31 pm

Hey there! i am back again...with my queries biggrin.png but this truly where i get my answers from the actual accutane user biggrin.png and actual results biggrin.png. I have been on isotretinoin 40mg/day for 2 months 10 days now...but i cannot see it respond as much as i have expected. Ppl get to see positive results in 6-8 weeks...but i have been taking it for 2 months 10 days now and getting really impatient and worried that y it isnt working yet. I just want to ask u that how much time did it take for you to see the actual positive results and when did u actually stop breaking out and just healing of acne was continued? please help me...i need to know this as i am planning to visit my derm sad.png

Hi! If I remember correctly, my skin started to clear up around month 2/3, although at this point I was still constantly getting a bit more acne, just much less of it. It wasn't really until the end of my course that I stopped properly breaking out.

Don't worry! You've still got a long way to go, just give it time. Some people don't see improvements until 4 months or so, but the vast majority of people end up with clear skin after this. You'll get there, it's normal for it to take time to see improvements, just hang in there :)

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 01/11/2014 1:02 pm

Did bio oil clog your pores or cause you to break out? i read that some of its ingredient are comedogenic.

How often did you use bio oil? The direction are to use twice daily but there are reviews from users to not use it daily as it clog pores.

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 01/12/2014 10:27 am

Did bio oil clog your pores or cause you to break out? i read that some of its ingredient are comedogenic.

How often did you use bio oil? The direction are to use twice daily but there are reviews from users to not use it daily as it clog pores.

I used Bio Oil twice a day throughout my treatment, and I still use it once a day at night now. It's never made me breakout.

When I experienced a small breakout of tiny skin coloured spots down the sides of my nose after finishing accutane I thought it could have been caused by the Bio Oil so I experimented with not using it. However, after much experimentation, I've decided that the Bio Oil wasn't breaking me out as I got the spots anyway without using it. I guess everybody's skin reacts to things differently, but Bio Oil has never made me breakout.

MemberMember
(@devyani)

Posted : 01/12/2014 10:27 am

Thank you soo much! acne are really frustrating...but whenever i post here..i get hope. thanx again! i hope you are continuing with your glowing skin :)

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 01/13/2014 10:24 am

I used Bio Oil twice a day throughout my treatment, and I still use it once a day at night now. It's never made me breakout.

When I experienced a small breakout of tiny skin coloured spots down the sides of my nose after finishing accutane I thought it could have been caused by the Bio Oil so I experimented with not using it. However, after much experimentation, I've decided that the Bio Oil wasn't breaking me out as I got the spots anyway without using it. I guess everybody's skin reacts to things differently, but Bio Oil has never made me breakout.

thank you, i shall test it out.

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 02/01/2014 1:46 pm

3 Months After Finishing Roaccutane

Just a quick update: MY SKIN IS STILL CLEAR!! :D

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 02/14/2014 11:30 am

Hope you are doing well.

Like to know if you had oily skin before tane and has it returned?

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 02/14/2014 1:37 pm

Argggg the quote thingy isn't working...

^^^ But to answer your question, yes, I had severely oily skin before accutane. During my course my skin obviously became very very dry. Now, my skin is no longer extremely dry but not all the oil has returned. My skin is now a healthy amount of oiliness- not to dry or too oily. My skin is... NORMAL (!!) and I am loving it.

I am very well thank you, I hope you are too :)

MemberMember
(@devyani)

Posted : 10/07/2014 10:49 am

hey. i am a 25 year female and i had a severe acne breakout last year for which i took isotretinoin for 40 mg/day for almost 6 and half months (quite too much!). My acne were gone and my skin began to heal. Intitially it was red..and as it healed day by day..it left me with hypopigmentation marks on both side of my cheeks.

Initially i thought and my doctors also said its post inflammatory hypopigmentation and there is nothing to worry. he said the skin regains the pigment itself. However..as the time passed by..i started to have hypopigmentation marks on other areas where i did not even have acne before. and slowly and gradually.. my areas of white patch on both cheeks began to increase in size and whiteness and also i am having hypopigmentaion patches on other areas. I again checked with my doc. he said it is not vitiligo (thank god for that!). but what the hell it is? can it be a side effect of isoretinoin?. can any1 please please tell me if they are suffering from hypopigmentation marks on face or any other areas.

I alsowant to mention that i had completed my treatment long ago....but my hypopigmentaion started 2 months after i had stopped treatment and is continuing to get worse even when i ham not on isotretinoin. :(. is there any1 else suffering from similar problem? please share!.

can isotretinoin make the skin extremely sensitive to sun and cause hypopigmentaion?. cant understand i had stopped it for almost 6 months b4..still its getting worse. please help.

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 12/14/2014 9:17 am

A year and 2 months since finishing Roaccutane

So, it's been a while. Things have been pretty tough and I haven't had a chance to write an update but here goes...

In October this year (almost exactly a year after finishing Roaccutane), I noticed my skin was beginning to worsen and I had a few little skin coloured spots down the sides of my face and on my chin. Terrified that it would only get worse, I went to the doctor and was prescribed Zineryt. Although it doesn't have great reviews on here, it has done a fabulous job! Since starting to use it I have had an average of 1 tiny spot on my face and haven't experienced any adverse side effects.

I'm still so glad that I took this drug. I've had a number of dark days recently, but the fact that I haven't had the stress of acne to contend with too has definitely helped. I don't know how I would have coped if I was battling with my skin as well as everything else in my life. In all honesty, I think the recurrence of mild acne since stopping Roaccutane was triggered by stress but with this early intervention treatment I've seemed (fingers crossed) to stopped the problem from worsening.

I hope everyone's skin is doing well too and that we can all enjoy stress-free Christmases :D