Notifications
Clear all

My First Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 07/20/2013 6:45 pm

7/19

---------

Im about 11 days from my next derm app. My acne has faded from how it use to be, But The acne is still not cured. I still get acne around my face at times. The red marks from previeus cysts are left there and it has been months since i got them. It looks terrible. My next derm app is my last for tane. Basically meaning my treatment is done. I'm going to try to talk him into 6 months, but last time he didnt seem to be waving that way. Im upset over this. People talked about how great tane was, but so far it hasent lived up to its legeneds, for me atleast. This is upsetting. 5 Months of hope pouring down the drain. Idk what to do anymore...I hope atleast when tane is over within the next 2 weeks, I can get rid of these red marks ASAP with better drugs and treatment cause he refused me anything to place on them during tanes time. How annoying. Well see what happens, but so far, im not very happy sad.png

Personally, I think you are jumping the gun and giving up too soon, I had moderate acne and it took me 8 months to see solid results from tane, it's now been almost 2 months since then and I've had a single (singular, 1, ONE!) pimple.

It sounds like you're giving up too soon, it's a mistake you'll regret.

Agreed.

~85% of people who receive a dose of 0.5-1.0 mg/kg/day are virtually clear of their acne by 16 weeks, ~13% take 5-6 months to clear, and ~3% require a longer course (1). Even if you aren't clear of acne by the end of your course, some people continue to clear even after their course is over. (Note: red marks may take longer to heal.)

post-145613-1305672106_thumb.jpg

(Click graph)

Have you been taking your pill/s with food to maximise absorption?

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6582073

post-145613-1305935928_thumb.jpg

(Click graph)

Good luck

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 07/24/2013 4:38 pm

7/19

---------

Im about 11 days from my next derm app. My acne has faded from how it use to be, But The acne is still not cured. I still get acne around my face at times. The red marks from previeus cysts are left there and it has been months since i got them. It looks terrible. My next derm app is my last for tane. Basically meaning my treatment is done. I'm going to try to talk him into 6 months, but last time he didnt seem to be waving that way. Im upset over this. People talked about how great tane was, but so far it hasent lived up to its legeneds, for me atleast. This is upsetting. 5 Months of hope pouring down the drain. Idk what to do anymore...I hope atleast when tane is over within the next 2 weeks, I can get rid of these red marks ASAP with better drugs and treatment cause he refused me anything to place on them during tanes time. How annoying. Well see what happens, but so far, im not very happy sad.png

Personally, I think you are jumping the gun and giving up too soon, I had moderate acne and it took me 8 months to see solid results from tane, it's now been almost 2 months since then and I've had a single (singular, 1, ONE!) pimple.

It sounds like you're giving up too soon, it's a mistake you'll regret.

I don't understand how I am giving up. Heres my story. I'm 1000x annoying by my acne. Its Moderate, I have more red marks than pimples, but these marks have been just glued to my face for months and BARELY fading. Anyways, I'm not giving up and I never will. It's just that It has been 5 months of tane going from 20mg, 40mg to the reaminder months of 80mg MAX. My derm barely wants to give me 6 months, he wont up the dosage and he wont give me creams to help put the redness down. I'm not giving up, its just my derm keeps saying " u look fine"... I just wanna lose my mind and say thats my judgment, not urs. I just don't know what to do now.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 08/02/2013 10:48 am

8/2

-------------------------

I managed to sway my derm into giving me my last month(6). He didnt want to do it, but I guess he really didnt want to lose a customer. Anyways, He told me that its illegeal to give over 6 months and over 80mg, but I've read many people getting higher doses and more months if requested...Im confused on that.. Anyways, he gave me the month, but cut the dosage into 40mg. THis gets me sorta worried since im coming off tane now. THe results I got from it are alright, it has lowered my acne by a great deal, But the con for me is that it didnt full stop them from forming. I still get New acne too often and the marks are taking a life time to heal. The journey has been long and I would do it again if I could. Maybe sometime Ill post some pictures. Well see I guess. Overall, Im very slight happy, but still upset the acne isnt fully gone yet. :l

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 08/17/2013 1:11 pm

8/17

-----------------------

The past 2 weeks since I've come down to 40mg have been GREAT. I mean there has only been maybe 1-2 VERY SMALL pimples that went away within 1-2 days of using just regular S.A, This was one of my favorite times of my life. Was so happy, but now I'm kinda worried again. I checked last night after the gym and It appeared I had 3 new red marks. They were not Super large like pimples or cycts, but they were tiny bumps ( 2 near my left mouth and 1 on my cheek and POSSIBLY 1 below my cheek), I'm applying S.A to them like crazy and I hope they go away within a few days. I'm not sure what triggered these. My diet hasnet changed much, but maybe its from the sweating in the gym. Sometimes I over do it in the gym cause I'm rushed due to time OR it could be the newly added taco seasing. I used this before and it wasnt super great I could say. hmm. Anyways I hope they go away soon sad.png

8/18

-----------------------

Got a new one near mouth, so thats 3 Tiny ones near lips. + On big one near cheek. :l Whats happening now!!

8/19

----------------------

No new marks this morning. The 6-7 Spots are still there. They are red and dots, but they are flat atleast, so I can cover them up. Im going to keep using AHA till they turn to just a full red spot and then let the area heal up with lotion. I also decided since im done with tane in about 2 weeks or less, that im going to blog every day if I am on the computer.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 08/20/2013 1:43 pm

8/20

---------------

New pimple on clear side of cheek. Great. I really dont F-KIN know anymore. What is this accutane.. seriouisly.. Im just so mad now. Went through the 6 month treatment up to 80 M G!! and im still breaking out. I really dont know what to think anymore, god what am i suppose to do to just rid of this curse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@jon165)

Posted : 08/20/2013 5:58 pm

Calm down. Like others have said, people often keep clearing AFTER their course is over. Honestly, it sounds to me like you're overusing the SA, BHA and AHA. Red marks take a while to clear, and Accutane has been known to slow that process. Your red marks will most likely clear more quickly once your treatment is over. Accutane isn't an overnight cure-all. You have to give it time, even after your course is over.

decrepity liked
MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 08/23/2013 1:14 pm

Calm down. Like others have said, people often keep clearing AFTER their course is over. Honestly, it sounds to me like you're overusing the SA, BHA and AHA. Red marks take a while to clear, and Accutane has been known to slow that process. Your red marks will most likely clear more quickly once your treatment is over. Accutane isn't an overnight cure-all. You have to give it time, even after your course is over.

Unless you've taken accutane.. than you wouldn't know about it. I know all these factors and I break out way too much for the time I spent on this medication. I've done so many things. I've lowered my calories, Switched to whole foods and NO junk food or pop, I've taken accutane accuracy, and much more. Time is coming to a end for tane in about 6 days. If this meds doesnt work, than what am I suppose to do? Go on a second round? It was near impossible to get on my first round for me alone.

8/21 TO 8/22

------------------------

Nothing New Happened, just red marks and + 1 zit healing as time passes. I might not post on days Nothing happens though..

8/23

--------------------

Went to bed With 1 new pimple. Small, but notcile on the right lip... Then woke up with another on the left of the lip. Both small, but terrible. I'm upset over this now. NOt sure what to think. It might have been from eating 6 eggs yesterday total. I did over do it and I feel like the last time I ate a lot of eggs I also broke out, but this was months ago and I can't remember and I don't recall logging it. Hm..What to do.

MemberMember
(@jon165)

Posted : 08/25/2013 4:21 pm

Unless you've taken accutane.. than you wouldn't know about it. I know all these factors and I break out way too much for the time I spent on this medication. I've done so many things. I've lowered my calories, Switched to whole foods and NO junk food or pop, I've taken accutane accuracy, and much more. Time is coming to a end for tane in about 6 days. If this meds doesnt work, than what am I suppose to do? Go on a second round? It was near impossible to get on my first round for me alone.

8/21 TO 8/22

------------------------

Nothing New Happened, just red marks and + 1 zit healing as time passes. I might not post on days Nothing happens though..

8/23

--------------------

Went to bed With 1 new pimple. Small, but notcile on the right lip... Then woke up with another on the left of the lip. Both small, but terrible. I'm upset over this now. NOt sure what to think. It might have been from eating 6 eggs yesterday total. I did over do it and I feel like the last time I ate a lot of eggs I also broke out, but this was months ago and I can't remember and I don't recall logging it. Hm..What to do.

Well, actually, I HAVE taken Accutane. I cleared pretty quickly, but everyone responds differently to Accutane. Some people simply do need a second round. My acne came back after about 2 years, for example, so I'm on a second (low-dose) round.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:22 pm

8/27

---------------------------

2 new pimples. Small, but still a break out. Near lower chin + left chin. 4 days left of tane. Not sure whats goona happen now. Doesn't seem the meds have fully worked after this long year. I'm kinda worried. Atleast I'll try to get the red spots removed now during my next few visits. Btw for the record. I got billed 100+ for acne surgery? How weird. I never had surgery done. I'm going to have to call about that. Hmmm...

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 08/29/2013 12:18 pm

8/29

------------

New pimple On right of mouth. Great... time to wait this one off again and its like the worst spot too.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 08/31/2013 8:09 am

8/31

----------------------

Writing this one at derm. Not sure what to expect right now. I'm officially done with tane and for the most part cleared up. I still have a lot of red marks and for some reason I keep getting light tiny pimples under hairs as they Tetris after a shave. It's pretty annoying, but not the worst I've been through. Derm better prescribe me retina a or something, I bed. Waiting forever and only using aha which is alright at a low percent. So far ATM 3 pimples, one on left cheek, one left chin and upper right chin

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 09/01/2013 9:35 pm

9/1

---------------

Derm didnt prescribe me jack. Gave me this stuff called "epiduo". It doesnt help at all. Its 2.5% BP. Waste of a derm trip for me. I still need redness removed and I guess its going to happen during a peel. Next month though according to him. Tanes over now. FUnny cause The one day I stopped taking a pill I get 2 new zits. One is basically red and gone, but the other is a CYST. i havent had one of these in forever. Seriously. it just makes me furious about that. Rage mode on please.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 09/08/2013 12:31 pm

9/8

--------------

since I'm done with tane I prob should stop this log, but I feel like I should still post till I'm almost fully cured. Hmm.. I'll think about it. Anyways, last night I got 3 New spots. All of them tiny and red, but I hope they go away. I zeno them and covered them up. Well see how it goes. Still waiting on next month derm app for chem peels. Well see... now time to figure out chem HW>

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 09/08/2013 3:54 pm

Yeah, definitely keep updating! It's nice to know how 'taners are doing post treatment.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 09/10/2013 12:58 am

9/10

--------------------

SMall spot on top part of nose. Possibly one near left side of nose. Well see how it fairs over night :(

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 09/18/2013 11:23 pm

9/19

----------------------

been a while but i just got a new zit on cheek. possible ones near lip too. the one near cheek has a small head. i havent seen a head pimple for a long time. im getting worried now... is tane wearing out..........?