Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Log - Finally Starting

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 12/02/2012 5:45 pm

Day 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Blargggghhh. Derm said I would be sticking on 30mg for December, a little sad but yet thankful; sad because I want a higher dose to get the crap out of my skin, happy because she said I was doing well on 30mg and that I seem to be improving a lot so I may not have to get a very high dose...

I think I have gotten my inital breakout. The sides of my forehead and temple area are covered... gross. Hopefully this is the dreaded IB and that I am getting it over with and will start to see some improvement... starting to lose hope, though. I just want this disgusting crap gone forever, I am seriously wishing I have a successful first course and won't relapse *knocks on wood*.

MemberMember
(@zhfac)

Posted : 12/02/2012 10:31 pm

Good luck on your course; I'd personally prefer a lower course myself, just to reduce the side effects, even if it requires me to use it longer, but that's just me.

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 12/05/2012 9:28 pm

Thanks for the post. Yeah... I think I'd rather take a high dose and just get it over with.

Day 36, 37, 38 - Well, I'm getting more mad than anything. I want my stupid initial breakout to go away; hell, I want all of my acne to go away... I realize I'm only finishing day 38 but I was honestly hoping this drug would bring results quicker. At such a critical point in my life right now I need all the confidence I can get - and I really feel like my acne is limiting my confidence, which limits what I do (school, jobs, volunteering, etc) I just need my acne to be done with, and I needed it 2 years ago.

I'm really riding on this drug to do the trick... the derm said I'll be on it 'til about March or April, and by then... well, let's just say my acne better be gone.

Still thankful that I haven't had any abnormal or serious side effects *knocks on wood*.

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 12/08/2012 9:41 pm

Day 39, 40, 41 - Back and chest seem to have cleared up quite a bit, I only get a slight pain in my back instead of the overwheling feeling I used to get, my inital breakout seems to be dying out, and my lips don't appear to be getting any drier! All in all, I'm happy with the results so far. Hopefully I'm on the road to recovery and not side effects!

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 12/12/2012 7:42 pm

Day 42, 43, 44, 45 - Back, chest, and neck all clearing up pretty well surprisingly. Inital breakout on my face seems to be continuing to die down... Derm appointment exactly one week from today, probably going up to 40/50mg. Back soreness continues to be faint; lips are of course still dry but I'm used to them now so I don't notice them much.

All in all - happy with the results.

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 12/19/2012 8:46 pm

Day 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 - Derm appointment today... she bumped me up to 40MG! Very happy... it's about time. She said I'll be on this 'til March and she said my acne should be completely gone (*knock on wood*... yeah I do that a lot)... ha... not so sure about that but let's hope!

Anyway, same ol' same ol'. I get rid of acne, new stuff comes up. I am used to all the side effects and having new pimples now so it's really nothing new at all, which is good! No nasty side effects (*knocks on wood again*)

Anyway, here's hoping this 40mg does more good than bad!

Happy Holidays all smile.png.

MemberMember
(@crimeinpartner)

Posted : 12/19/2012 8:55 pm

Many people notice more improvement with a higher dose hopefully you will too!!

Happy holidays to you too :)

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 12/20/2012 12:03 am

Any photos of your bacne/shoulder acne?

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 12/27/2012 11:07 pm

Nope, no pictures. I don't think I'll post any sorry... more so I'm too lazy than self-conscious proud.gif

Day 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 - Blah. That describes my mood right now. I just want this ugly, disgusting, self-controlling crap to be gone... I know I have at least until March/April but that seems an eternity away.

Not much difference stepping up to the 40mg... unfortunately. Still the same side effects (not complaining - I'm very fortunate and yes... *knocks on wood*), same ol' acne, same spots where they were before... I'm honestly starting to lose faith and I'm thinking this is just another failed treatment claiming to be the magic formula for a cure. We'll see I suppose.

Two months in on this day... and I got another 3-4 to go. I hope with all my being I can just get rid of this crap permanently.

eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/28/2012 10:07 am

Hun, i'm about 2 weeks ahead of you and going through my IB which has caused red marks galore and i still have active acne. It sucks but you have to stay and think positive. I avoid mirrors as much as i can and just tell myself that accutane has to push all the crud out before it can heal your skin. If you ever need to vent, feel free to PM as i've been down this road 3 times already

Accutane for the most part works to some extent for most if not all people

MemberMember
(@lainwired80)

Posted : 12/28/2012 2:12 pm

30 mg is a really low dose! why so low?

MemberMember
(@sound-of-hope)

Posted : 12/28/2012 6:21 pm

Nope, no pictures. I don't think I'll post any sorry... more so I'm too lazy than self-conscious proud.gif

Day 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 - Blah. That describes my mood right now. I just want this ugly, disgusting, self-controlling crap to be gone... I know I have at least until March/April but that seems an eternity away.

Not much difference stepping up to the 40mg... unfortunately. Still the same side effects (not complaining - I'm very fortunate and yes... *knocks on wood*), same ol' acne, same spots where they were before... I'm honestly starting to lose faith and I'm thinking this is just another failed treatment claiming to be the magic formula for a cure. We'll see I suppose.

Two months in on this day... and I got another 3-4 to go. I hope with all my being I can just get rid of this crap permanently.

eusa_pray.gif

It's not uncommon for people to lose hope around this timeframe or even later. Some lucky people clear in the first month; some clear shortly after the course. But it's extremely rare to not clear ever.

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 12/28/2012 10:19 pm

Hun, i'm about 2 weeks ahead of you and going through my IB which has caused red marks galore and i still have active acne. It sucks but you have to stay and think positive. I avoid mirrors as much as i can and just tell myself that accutane has to push all the crud out before it can heal your skin. If you ever need to vent, feel free to PM as i've been down this road 3 times already

Accutane for the most part works to some extent for most if not all people

Thank you for your support. I'll keep you in mind!

I hope this time is the success you've been waiting for ! Good luck :) . Thanks again.

30 mg is a really low dose! why so low?

Don't know. I'm on 40mg now but if I recall correctly my derm said my acne wasn't severe enough to have a high dose, and plus I'm not the heaviest guy around and the dosage, after all, is based on weight.

eusa_pray.gif

It's not uncommon for people to lose hope around this timeframe or even later. Some lucky people clear in the first month; some clear shortly after the course. But it's extremely rare to not clear ever.

I try to keep that in mind but it's just hard. I've been on so many damn things I'm getting fed up. I'm really just looking forward to the clearing stage.

Thanks for your support, though. I'll keep that in mind and try to stay positive.

MemberMember
(@true-north)

Posted : 01/16/2013 9:15 pm

Day 61-79 - Haven't posted in while, whoops. Got caught up with classes and work and what not. Well, I'm still on the 40mg (obviously) and I don't suspect I'll be moving up next month... my acne hasn't cleared up, but also hasn't gotten worse yet... (*knocks on wood*). Hoping to start to see some clearing soon. Same old side effects, which I am thankful that it hasn't gotten worse (*knocks on wood*). And yes, I guess I am a tad superstitious about the whole knocking on wood haha. I've always done it and it seems to always work... (*knocks on wood* [man oh man I'm paranoid]).

Anywho, derm appointment in a couple weeks and my... let's see... 4th time getting blood drawn! Woo hoo. (NOT!)

Here's hoping to be on the better-end of the cycle