Notifications
Clear all

Starting Tonight! Roaccutane Log

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 11/16/2012 10:56 am

Thank you for the reassuring words!! I really do need to calm down, it's probably and hopefully the same amount I was losing before, but because I'm so aware of it now, I'm panicking. I probably didn't even notice how much fell out before I started taking this, in fact I know I didn't because I can't even remember haha! Thanks again, I'll try and be calmer about it :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/16/2012 7:15 pm

Hey I'm happy I found your log since i started taking accutane 3 days ago myself and it's nice to hear some experiences !

I'm super scared about losing my hair too, it's pretty much the only thing i like about myself atm.. but i figured i can't really enjoy it with my dinosaur skin so i had to take the risk :D

Do you still get headaches? My head is killing me but i'm blaming it on dianette which i've also been taking for like a month now..

My skin is really try to begin with so i'm worried what's gonna happen. I bought some moisturizer with vitamin E and that's also supposed to help with scars and red marks. Haven't tried it yet but i'll inform you if it turns out to be helpful !

Good luck I should know what a bitch acne is..

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 11/17/2012 6:58 am

Hey! I wouldn't worry, I think I'm just being a bit paranoid haha! And I was rubbing my eyes way too much I think :s

Same here! I can't even enjoy wearing pretty clothes cause all I can think about is my skin :( So I totally know what you mean.

I don't thank god! My headaches went away on around the 4/5th day? I still get a little one here and there but they just feel like normal headaches. The ones I knew were the accutane kinda switched areas often and throbbed a bit.

My skin, touchwood, hasn't actually got very much drier than before, I had/have dry skin too! I blame it on all the lemon juice and stuff I was using before, and chemical peels a while before accutane. So annoying :(

Ahh yeah I've heard vitamin E is really good! I have some, I think I'll try it in a little area first because oils like jojoba oil break me out :( Olive oil, lavender oil and tea tree oils are the only ones that don't!

Good luck to you too :D!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/17/2012 3:55 pm

okay that's good! My derm told me that the side effects shouldn't be that bad when the doze is this small (i'm also taking 20 mg). So i'm hoping my skin won't get super flaky :)

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 11/19/2012 7:40 am

Starting on a low dose is always a good idea. You might breakout so bad but the side effects would be less. I too started on 20mg/day and brokeout terribly but i never had any serious side effects like others report. I'm close to the end of 2nd month and all cleared up after a terrible IB. thanks god, I'm loving my skin. Fingers crossed

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 11/22/2012 9:21 am

ALMOST A MONTH

So, kinda bad news I guess.....I'm pretty damn positive my eyelashes and eyebrows are falling out a fair bit more than usual....and it seems that my hair is taking a while to grow back when usually my hair grows quite quickly. I've started taking more biotin (I wasn't taking much before because my mum said she was worried I'd overload my system) but yeah, that's only been for two days. I'm also a bit nervous that this could cause more acne because I've heard it can in some people.

Guys, I really need advice.....should I stop taking this drug? This is really making me anxious....should I stick it out and see if it gets better or stop and wait for them to (HOPEFULLY) grow back to normal and start again? Or not start again at all? I don't know what to do....

I've also been breaking out a bit recently in really inflamed purple spots which has reminded me how miserable acne is (seeing as I was clearing before) so I have NO idea what to do. I'm seeing my derm tomorrow but any advice from you guys would be most appreciated..

MemberMember
(@crimeinpartner)

Posted : 11/22/2012 10:09 pm

I don't know what to tell you :(

You seem to be clearing up nicely and then you start noticing hair falling out.

If you're sure this is happening then i would consider quitting unfortunently :(

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/22/2012 10:12 pm

Hair loss is frightening. sad.png I can understand being extremely nervous about this regimen. I don't know anything about the medication you're on, but I can say that hopefully your doctor can help assuage your fears.

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 11/23/2012 7:44 am

Thanks for the replies!

I mean, I seem to bit hit pretty bad with these side effects at such a low dose :S Maybe it's because I'm a bit underweight?

Anyway, today was my derm appointment, my blood tests were fine which is good. She hasn't upped my dosage because of the hair loss and she said if I notice it getting worse I can come off. I'm hoping it'll slow down, the last couple of days have been okay regarding it, so....fingers crossed. I'm trying not to stress too much because that could have been making it worse so yeah. It really sucks because she said that out of thousands of patients I'm the only one she's heard of with eyebrows/lashes falling out.......so unfair :( We'll see what happens.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 11/23/2012 2:47 pm

You might just be noticing it more now that you're paying attention. I admit I actually pull out my eyebrows and eyelashes so I'm trying to not do that on accutane hahah. And we naturally lose a lot of hair everyday. Maybe do some conditioning treatments? Good luck you are clearing nicely!

MemberMember
(@tezza198)

Posted : 11/23/2012 6:47 pm

Hey Chloe,

I was super worried about the hair loss side effect in fact that was my main concern well over depression and the other serious ones, but I think it's a case of you are actively aware of it on accutane and therefore you worry about it. I remember before accutane if I lost some hair I was meh whatever like everyone out age but since you go on accutane If you loose hair you automatically think its the accutane causing it but its most likely just the regular loss you get every day... You only need to worry if its large amounts of hair as in you wake up with it all over your pillow ect. My sisters if they use a brush a riduloiues amount of hair comes out and they have never been on accutane....

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 11/24/2012 7:37 am

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words and support!

ughhhhh & tezza: You're both right, I am definitely more aware of it and more paranoid! I have made myself stop worrying about it and I feel a lot better, I don't think as many are falling out now :)! Touchwood haha!

I broke out in two clusters of very purple gross spots but it's whatever really, I don't mind so much now that I know this won't be for an indefinite time! I'll take pictures tomorrow, they're a little worse than last week but it's okay, I wasn't really expecting to clear that fast! Hope everyone else is doing well!

MemberMember
(@crimeinpartner)

Posted : 11/24/2012 2:45 pm

Glad you're feeling better :)

Everyone gets paranoid sometimes, i don't know if i could ever keep calm on something like Accutune lol

MemberMember
(@carlyanne9)

Posted : 11/25/2012 9:35 am

Hey Chloe! Just came across this post and I am so happy for you! I know how hard it is to have acne and not being able to live life to the fullest because of it. Im 13 and it SUCKS being one of the only ones in my grade that has acne. I was looking at your photos of the progress you've had while taking Accutane & your skin is definitely getting better! :)

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 11/25/2012 7:19 pm

Hey carlyanne, thanks a lot! :D Acne definitely does affect your life in a horrible way, I remember when I had the worst breakout of my life and all I could think about was my face, I literally dreaded getting up in the morning to look in the mirror. It. Was. AWFUL. Amongst the worst feelings I have ever had in my life! Even though I've been hit fairly hard with the side effects on a low dosage (which is a bit worrying seeing as I have to bump up next month :s) I just have to remember how awful I felt back then and then this seems worthwhile. My skin has got a little worse this week but it's not a huge deal, I wasn't expecting this to be a quick fix!

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 01/27/2013 10:07 am

Helllooo! So it's been a really long time!

I'm in my third month now, and still on quite a low dose. I'll probably bump up next month though smile.png Which should hopefully speed the whole process up a bit!!

I had an initial breakout, but nothing horrific. BUT -touchwood- I haven't had a proper spot in about 3 weeks!! Which is AMAZING! I remember the panic I felt when I would see a tiny new red mark on my face and feel the bump leading to a new spot....horrible. Not knowing how big it'll be and how marked it'd leave me!

Actually I tell a lie, I had a TINY spot but I knew the cause - a tiny clogged pore which had been needed to come up for the whole time!

My skin is so smooth now, almost no clogged pores. Compared to how it was before..........HUGE difference. I have very shallow scars but I'm hoping I can get microdermabrasion somewhere down the line smile.png

Uhhmmm what else was I gunna say............side effects wise, pretty much the same. But my eyelash/brow hair loss has slowed down A LOT. And fingers crossed it stays that way!! >;O

Pictures, only on my right side and forehead because I just made the left side all red trying to get an annoying clogged pore out -____- I know!! I should stop!

Anyway, hope everyone's doing good!

Oh one last thing, MAJOR positive, I don't have to wake up at ridiculous times to put full face makeup on anymore when I'm at my bf's house :) In fact, when I get ready for bed, I just take off my makeup and put a little concealer on, and he even says I look better with just a bit of concealer on! I got so happy haha! I just sleep in my concealer when I'm round his (which isn't great, but it doesn't seem to have a negative effect :) ) and then touch up throughout the day. Because my concealer isn't liquid it doesn't come off as easy :) HAHA sorry, just a happy rant !

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 01/27/2013 4:08 pm

Hey, wow what an improvement congratulations.

I was on 20 mg first months and I've just started second month on 40mg. I oy have a couple of actives, but I have so many red marks!!

When did you see them fade and how much longer do you have?

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 01/28/2013 6:20 pm

Thanks a lot! :D

Well I'm on a really low dose because my body wasn't handling it very well, so I'm on 20 one day and 10 the next and so on. SO unfortunately I have a while to go yet!

My red marks have got lighter ever since I stopped breaking out daily, but my parents said that they've noticed a real improvement over this last month or so :) I think it's because I haven't had a spot for about that long!