Notifications
Clear all

25/yo Male - Hoping For My Cure

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 10/11/2012 1:37 pm

I have finally made the decision to go on Accutane and will be starting 2 weeks from today. At the moment, I only have 2 actives on my face and 2 actives on my neck so I do not qualify as "severe recalcitrant nodular acne" but I have had persistent acne for 11 years now.

I have used the following treatments:

Dan's Regimen (twice)

Differin

Retin A Micro

Tazorac (currently using)

Proactiv

Duac

Aczone

Bactrim

Minocycline

Zithromax

All of these have given me "okay" results but at this point that isn't good enough. My current regimen of Tazorac .1, Dan's BP, and spot treating with Duac has me mostly clear. The problem is I want to be fully clear. I think that is a fair expectation at 25 years old. I am always worrying about my next breakout or managing the ones that I have. I have also become extremely tired of stupid skin care routines every single morning and night. I have tried diets and refuse to follow a strict diet and live in fear over everything that I eat. I am in great shape so following a diet like that is unnecessary for me anyway. I want to be done with topicals for good and just wake up and walk outside of my house without slathering BP all over it for marginal results.

My acne is not just little whiteheads. When untreated, I get pretty big and deep pimples that have left me with some indented scarring. I am hoping that I do not get an initial breakout with large cysts like this but it is a possibility. I haven't decided if I am going to post pics yet but I will keep this updated with my side effects and progress.

MemberMember
(@waseem-abbas)

Posted : 10/12/2012 2:48 am

Good luck with your treatment. Dont worry about initial breakout, you have taken the right decision and good days are ahead. I'm having an initial breakout and am on 10th day 20mg/day. I am pretty much confident that it will cure my nodular acne. Cheers