Notifications
Clear all

-___- Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 10/24/2012 5:09 pm

Sounds like you're on the right track! I found that boots has an amazing lip balm (in cocoa butter and coconut i think) that keeps me moisturized. I found vaseline to be drying myself.

Dryness sucks but it usually will subside after a while

Good Luck!

Thanks! I remember someone else mentioning boots too so i will def have to check that out. Hope your course is also going well!

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 10/28/2012 3:32 pm

Day 24.

ughhh I have a UTI. fml. I am prone to them, although I haven't had one in a couple years. I've heard of people getting them while on acctuane so I kind of expected it but damnnn it sucks. I went to the doctor today and got antibiotics and they said I don't have to stop taking the accutane.

Lips are still so so so so chapped. I could peel layers and layers of dead skin off. When I went to pick up my antibiotics at the pharmacy I ordered some Dr. Dan's lip balm from them. I've heard great things so I am hoping that helps.

HOWEVER... my face looks awesome so I guess it's a fair trade that I'm getting these shitty side effects. I'm getting close to the one month mark so I will be posting some pictures probably next week.

Oh yeah and I have not been experiencing the night anxiety lately, I've actually been sleeping great.

A lot of people lose weight on accutane but I've gained almost 10 lbs since I've started. Hmmm.... not sure if it's related to the medication or not.

F

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 10/30/2012 8:03 pm

DAY 26

So I ended up not taking the anitbiotics and I feel fine... so I might try and wait it out because I'm pretty weird about taking meds.

Lots of new stuff happening this week. You know the little hair folicles above your knuckles on your fingers? Each one of those are red and scabbed over on my hands. I have little red dry patches all up and down my arms now too. My hair does not get greasy at all! I hadn't washed it in 4 days and didn't need to but did tonight just because it feels so strange not to. I used to be the oiliest person alive. Seriously growing up in grade school girls would pick on me by calling me greasy. So to not have to wash my hair everyday has been fucking awesomeeeeeee.

It's so cold here and I think that's why I've been getting the weird rashes on my skin. It's way too cold to stay undressed and put cold lotion on!! ekkkkk. I'll have to figure something out with that.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 10/30/2012 8:51 pm

I'd take the antibiotics, you can get nasty problems really quickly if you don't treat utis. Quick 10 days on amox and you'll be golden.

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 11/01/2012 7:17 pm

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but the test came back negative (He said at first something came up but then it didn't show up on the reading so it is possibly the very beginning of one) so I guess technically I didn't have one and I've felt fine ever since that day.

Day 28.

DRY DRY DRY MY SKIN IS PEELING EVERYWHERE. MY ARMS MY HANDS STOMACH INSIDE MY EARS. I haven't been moisturizing at all because I'm in the mountains with no heat and I am always so cold that the thought of getting naked to put lotion on makes me cringe. I'm going to have to tonight tho. Skin is still good. I got a weird pimple in between my nose and eye. A very strange place to get a pimple but it's only one so oh well.

F

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 11/01/2012 7:37 pm

Inside your ears?!?! Wooow haha that's crazy! :( I would def. moisturize though, a minute of being cold is better than having peely skin in my opinion! I know what you mean though, I'm cringing thinking about no heating with no clothes on too :S

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 11/04/2012 8:59 am

Haha yeah it's been rough but thankfully it has warmed up quite a bit!

I attached a picture of my hand so you can see the rash I was talking about. They're better now that I put some vitamin E oil on them. Past couple days I've only been taking 20mg because of the rashes and dryness.

My face is looking awesome. i've actually been getting some compliments. I feel very thankful that I did not get a bad IB. I really contribute that to the use of my clarisonic.

F

post-165892-0-64030600-1352037327_thumb.

post-165892-0-64030600-1352037327_thumb.

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:09 am

Ouch that looks painful :( I'm glad it's got better and your face looks so good :D

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:34 am

DAY 26

So I ended up not taking the anitbiotics and I feel fine... so I might try and wait it out because I'm pretty weird about taking meds.

Lots of new stuff happening this week. You know the little hair folicles above your knuckles on your fingers? Each one of those are red and scabbed over on my hands. I have little red dry patches all up and down my arms now too. My hair does not get greasy at all! I hadn't washed it in 4 days and didn't need to but did tonight just because it feels so strange not to. I used to be the oiliest person alive. Seriously growing up in grade school girls would pick on me by calling me greasy. So to not have to wash my hair everyday has been fucking awesomeeeeeee.

It's so cold here and I think that's why I've been getting the weird rashes on my skin. It's way too cold to stay undressed and put cold lotion on!! ekkkkk. I'll have to figure something out with that.

Good for you! Antibiotics are no good and should only be used for serious infections. I find doctors are so quick to provide them for everything ranging for a cold to pink eye. Drink lots of cranberry juice as that can help.

As for the rash, try calamine lotion to alleviate the itching if you have it. Also, i found that by drinking a lot of water my itches went down...ALOT

Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 11/15/2012 10:07 pm

Day....erh...42? i think....

So i was running out of my pills before my last apt so I had to go a full week at 20 mg and my face has broken out a little bit. I have 4 active right now.... Still much better than when I started but still annoying. Rashes are gone.

F

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 11/25/2012 10:02 am

Day 52

I woke up this morning with my face/pillow/blanket covered in blood. Scary thing to wake up to. I had heard this happening to others but up until now I had been able to avoid it. Face is looking okay I have a few random cystic pimples in weird places that are taking forever to heal. I've been really good about not popping them though. Not much else to say.

-F

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 11/25/2012 3:49 pm

Wish I could say I've been good about not popping, it's a struggle I'm trying to just not look in the mirror- glad the rash calmed down! I'm sorta all over itchy but not dry, trying to stay ahead of it by moisturizing a lot! Keep busy and make time fly!

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 11/29/2012 8:30 pm

The problem is I've been too busy which has made me really stressed and I've just been flat out feeling down and in a bad mood. My face is breaking out on my jaw line pretty bad ( still not anything as bad as before I started).... I have these weird scabs all over my arms and I've just felt bummed.....I think its my situation and not necessarily the accutane. Trying to stay positive tho....

F

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 11/30/2012 3:07 am

I know how you feel, I went on a popping spree today :( my mind says NO IDIOT but its a compulsion. Always a mistake! Hope you're feeling better. Do you have a song that is guaranteed to make you happy? Sometimes you just gotta dance it out. And laugh about your scabbies, life is weird.

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 12/20/2012 9:04 pm

So one week my face will be super awesome and then the next ill break out..... So my progress has been up and down. A couple days ago I had no actives and right now I have several all under my jaw line and a huge ginormous pimple on my cheek and one right next to my lip.... le sigh....

I usually only tend to post on here when my skin is bad so my updates are slightly biased haha..

I never have to wash my hair anymore which is awesomeeeeeeee. Saves me so much time. My anxiety is 100% gone. I still keep feeling like I'm on the verge of a UTI all the time I dk if that's related to the meds or not tho. I hope everyones accutane journey is going well!!! ^_^

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 01/04/2013 9:40 pm

Day 92

3 large cysts on left cheeck. 1 cyst on right cheek. 2 cysts on chest. Forehead, chin, nose, back all 100% clear. Skin looks much worse than month 1 but not worse than before I started.

Still at 40mg. Im assuming my derm will prob want to move me up at next appt. Hope not though.

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 01/19/2013 12:10 pm

Month 1 and 2, you were awesome. Month 3, you sucked ballls.......

I hardly broke out at all the first two months, but broke out with 5 or 6 cysts on my cheeks during month 3. Really weird.... but I just picked up my month 4 script. For some reason I am now taking 1 40mg pill a day instead of 2 20's. I don't know if my derm accidentally did that or there was a purpose behind it.

My derm said I should stop breaking out from here on out... If I do continue to break out she will increase my dose. She tried to get me to take spiro while taking my accutane which I thought was really unusual but I told her that there was no way I would be doing both at the same time. I feel like that would be overkill and I am still confident that this accutane WILL get rid of my acne for good.

No new side effects. Still dry lip and skin.

F

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 01/22/2013 8:14 pm

My toes have been cramping up a lot lately. Anyone else experience this?

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 01/22/2013 10:33 pm

I haven't dealt with any cramps from it... I wonder why...