Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Journey For My Body And Soul

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/19/2012 3:11 pm

Day 14

Two weeks! Wow, time seems to be flying, but I have a looong way to go.

My biggest side effect right now is my itchy scalp. I've used that shea butter masque a couple of times and it does help but only for about a day. I'll be making (another) trip to Whole Foods this evening to look for a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Would prefer not to use a medicated dandruff shampoo if I can help it. I'm hoping intense moisturizing will take care of this if I can find some good products.

My body is itchy too, although no more rashes. I purchased this Aveeno Bath Treatment and that really helped relieve and calm my skin.

I've had some spells of being very fatigued but it doesn't last all that long. My thirst is never quenched and I'm loooving this new Hydroflask insulated 40oz water bottle...one of the best investments I've made for this journey!

The lanolin is really doing the trick on my lips so far. They are dry but manageable.

My face is drying out and some of the bumps are flaky, but my moisturizers seem to be doing their job because there's no extreme dryness yet. On Day 12 my face looked red and rough and even more bumpy but the very next day it was looking better again. Overall, it's improved and healing and my new breakouts are decreasing in frequency.

I've been slacking on my healthy eating and I need to re-motivate myself. I have to remind myself that a healthy diet is a part of this healing process, just like taking the pills.

2 weeks already wow! Congrats, its nice to have it started and some days under your belt isn't it.

Lucky for me I haven't had issues with a itchy scalp. Yet.. Things can still change with that. I have another 2 months to go on the tane. Things change every day for me so it wouldn't shock me. Have you been able to cut back on the time between washes? I think that will really help, but until the oil production cuts down on your scalp that might not be a choice quite yet. I know I needed to wash my hair daily still for the first few weeks. So hopefully you can do that soon if you aren't able to already. I understand not want to use a medicated shampoo. There are some natural things you can try like mixing tea tree oil with your shampoo or conditioner. I know you can buy them with it in there already online. Fish oil supplements help with it too. Just some ideas.

Body itches, moisturize moisturize moisturize. Is the Aveeno Bath Treatment like a oatmeal bath, like you used when you have the chicken pox to help with itches? If so awesome idea :)

MemberMember
(@summer5150)

Posted : 07/19/2012 8:00 pm

Day 14

Two weeks! Wow, time seems to be flying, but I have a looong way to go.

My biggest side effect right now is my itchy scalp. I've used that shea butter masque a couple of times and it does help but only for about a day. I'll be making (another) trip to Whole Foods this evening to look for a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Would prefer not to use a medicated dandruff shampoo if I can help it. I'm hoping intense moisturizing will take care of this if I can find some good products.

My body is itchy too, although no more rashes. I purchased this Aveeno Bath Treatment and that really helped relieve and calm my skin.

I've had some spells of being very fatigued but it doesn't last all that long. My thirst is never quenched and I'm loooving this new Hydroflask insulated 40oz water bottle...one of the best investments I've made for this journey!

The lanolin is really doing the trick on my lips so far. They are dry but manageable.

My face is drying out and some of the bumps are flaky, but my moisturizers seem to be doing their job because there's no extreme dryness yet. On Day 12 my face looked red and rough and even more bumpy but the very next day it was looking better again. Overall, it's improved and healing and my new breakouts are decreasing in frequency.

I've been slacking on my healthy eating and I need to re-motivate myself. I have to remind myself that a healthy diet is a part of this healing process, just like taking the pills.

I completely hear you on the slacking of the healthy eating. It's always been important to me but I have to say, for the first time in fifteen years, I am not totally afraid of food and what my skin will look like after eating something not so healthy. It's been a blessing. Freeing. Healthy eating is great, I want that for myself...but I also appreciate feeling like the world won't end because I indulged a little. That is what I have found. I hope you can find your middle ground as well.

That is fantastic news that overall your skin is healing & new breakouts are decreasing in frequency. Sounds like it is a good fit for your body as well. Yay!

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/21/2012 2:15 pm

2 weeks already wow! Congrats, its nice to have it started and some days under your belt isn't it.

Lucky for me I haven't had issues with a itchy scalp. Yet.. Things can still change with that. I have another 2 months to go on the tane. Things change every day for me so it wouldn't shock me. Have you been able to cut back on the time between washes? I think that will really help, but until the oil production cuts down on your scalp that might not be a choice quite yet. I know I needed to wash my hair daily still for the first few weeks. So hopefully you can do that soon if you aren't able to already. I understand not want to use a medicated shampoo. There are some natural things you can try like mixing tea tree oil with your shampoo or conditioner. I know you can buy them with it in there already online. Fish oil supplements help with it too. Just some ideas.

Body itches, moisturize moisturize moisturize. Is the Aveeno Bath Treatment like a oatmeal bath, like you used when you have the chicken pox to help with itches? If so awesome idea smile.png

Yes, it's great to have some time under my belt! I feel like my body has become somewhat accustomed now so I feel a little more comfortable. A little apprehensive about going up to 60mg though.

I purchased a tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. I definitely can go without washing my hair every day with regards to oiliness, but it soothes my scalp to scrub it and condition it. I also tried a coconut oil/tea tree oil scalp treatment which helped. Just need to figure out what lasts!

Yes, the Aveeno is an oatmeal bath. Give it a try, it's nice!

I completely hear you on the slacking of the healthy eating. It's always been important to me but I have to say, for the first time in fifteen years, I am not totally afraid of food and what my skin will look like after eating something not so healthy. It's been a blessing. Freeing. Healthy eating is great, I want that for myself...but I also appreciate feeling like the world won't end because I indulged a little. That is what I have found. I hope you can find your middle ground as well.

That is fantastic news that overall your skin is healing & new breakouts are decreasing in frequency. Sounds like it is a good fit for your body as well. Yay!

I know what you mean on feeling less cautious about what you eat. It also may be easier now to figure out if I have any food culprits...if I stop breaking out literally all the time, I may be able to make better connections to foods that aggravate me. I still believe food is a playing a role for me, but I can never pinpoint anything specific because I never stop breaking out.

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/21/2012 3:19 pm

Day 16

Entering in to week 3!

I spoke too soon again...it really is shocking how quickly things can change. My lips are now super dry and my face is starting to get flaky! Nothing outrageous yet, but it does make me a little apprehensive about bumping up to 60mg in a couple of weeks.

I made my trek to Whole Foods and got some more goodies. That place is so overwhelming. The cool thing is that I can return anything (with or without a receipt) if I don't like it, even if it's been used. I purchased Avalon Organics Tea Tree Mint Scalp Normalizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I used that last night after I did a coconut oil/tea tree oil scalp treatment. I just slathered on a bunch of coconut oil on my scalp, mixed with a few drops of tea tree oil...kept it on for about an hour before washing it out. The coconut smells divine! It did help, but nothing seems to last more than a day. I'm trying to not wash my hair more than every other day, thinking that will keep me from drying out as much, but it seems to really help to scrub and condition!

Looking for new makeup, trying to go the natural route there too. How I long for the day when I need zero makeup! :) I love mineral foundations (I've used Bare Minerals in matte w/o bismuth, and I love Everyday Minerals too), but they just haven't given me enough coverage and my oiliness just erases it in no time. Now that I'm not oily, I hope I can find some more natural makeups that will work for me.

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/23/2012 2:11 pm

I got a cool card in the mail from my sweet mom the other day:

"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow"

-Orison Swett Marden

MemberMember
(@summer5150)

Posted : 07/23/2012 5:54 pm

Body itches, moisturize moisturize moisturize. Is the Aveeno Bath Treatment like a oatmeal bath, like you used when you have the chicken pox to help with itches? If so awesome idea smile.png

Yes, it's great to have some time under my belt! I feel like my body has become somewhat accustomed now so I feel a little more comfortable. A little apprehensive about going up to 60mg though.

I purchased a tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. I definitely can go without washing my hair every day with regards to oiliness, but it soothes my scalp to scrub it and condition it. I also tried a coconut oil/tea tree oil scalp treatment which helped. Just need to figure out what lasts!

Yes, the Aveeno is an oatmeal bath. Give it a try, it's nice!

I know what you mean on feeling less cautious about what you eat. It also may be easier now to figure out if I have any food culprits...if I stop breaking out literally all the time, I may be able to make better connections to foods that aggravate me. I still believe food is a playing a role for me, but I can never pinpoint anything specific because I never stop breaking out.

Yeah...I get that. It was very tough to see what was a trigger when there was no let up in the breakouts. I think it is easier now. I'm not playing detective the way I should because I figure this is a very hard journey anyway, and I'm trying to be very gentle with myself about everything.

BTW, how are you liking the Whole Foods version of the gentle cleanser? I was peeking at it yesterday and want to try it but I'm scared to try something new and I still have some cleanser to use up. It looks pretty good though!

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/24/2012 7:40 am

Yeah...I get that. It was very tough to see what was a trigger when there was no let up in the breakouts. I think it is easier now. I'm not playing detective the way I should because I figure this is a very hard journey anyway, and I'm trying to be very gentle with myself about everything.

BTW, how are you liking the Whole Foods version of the gentle cleanser? I was peeking at it yesterday and want to try it but I'm scared to try something new and I still have some cleanser to use up. It looks pretty good though!

I'm not playing detective either at this point, but I DO need to get back on track a bit with my eating habits. I started off great and then got off track when I started with the rash side effects for several days.

Hmmm the jury is still out on the WF cleansers (I have both the gentle cleanser and the facial cleanser)... The skin cleanser (which doesn't foam up) tends to burn my face sometimes (just while it's on my face, not after I wash it off). Even though the facial cleanser is for normal/oily skin (and foaming), it doesn't burn nearly as much...and it takes my makeup off better. It could be that my face is just really sensitive and that any cleanser is going to burn a little bit, I'm not sure.

I am having trouble finding a gentle (natural) cleanser that is intended for dry skin that also foams up (because the foaming action is what gets my makeup off). Maybe I should just stop wearing makeup! (ahh, one day, one day...) :)

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/24/2012 8:14 am

Day 19

Week 3

Healing has slowed the last couple of days and I've had some new bumps pop up above my lip and on my jawline (which was starting to heal so nicely).

I've had several bumps on my cheek that have been taking a long time to heal and they finally started scabbing over. After washing my face last night, several bumps started bleeding and were very raw. My makeup is so much harder to take off now that my skin is dry and everything is just sticking to those dead skin cells. So using a wash cloth is necessary but makes it hard to avoid rubbing off scabs. I dabbed a little neosporin on these spots last night. They still look pretty rough this morning.

So it looks like finding a gentler makeup is really important now. I can't scrub every night without doing damage. I'm used to needing something for oily skin and usually those makeups are already formulated for acne prone skin. Now I need something for dry skin, but I have to be careful that they won't cause breakouts!

Scalp is itchy again today. My elbows are a peely mess.

I know that this is all just part of the process so I'm not going to dwell on a little back pedaling. Still kinda sucks though!

MemberMember
(@zodistarr)

Posted : 07/24/2012 9:15 pm

Sounds like you are making progress tho! And so far no IB??

I bought some Coconut oil too- I love it! I start my treatment August 7th so I'm still in the "prep" stage (and the LOOOOOONG waiting phase!).

I heard Eurcerin Calming Lotion is great maybe you could try that on your dry skin. I love the shea butter but it's not something I would want to put on right before I leave the house.

As for the make-up. do you think it would help to use a cleansing cloth first and then gently wash your face? Just a thought. Keep pushin' through the journey!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/24/2012 9:24 pm

Ugh I know it sucks. Hate the repeated scabbing and healing process, but yes, it will heal!

I know it's not natural, but the best thing I've used that gently cleanses the skin AND removes makeup without stripping is Cerave Foaming Cleanser. It works for dry skin, too. Just make sure to moisturizer ASAP. It's too drying for the morning, though, so the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser is great for the AM, or water, or anything gentle.

How often are you washing your hair? My hair looks so dry and dead, I try to only wash it every other day. Sometimes I go 2-3 days without washing it and it still looks the same. It's freaky.

MemberMember
(@summer5150)

Posted : 07/25/2012 2:35 am

Switching to washing every other day SAVED my scalp. And pre-Accutane I was a must-wash-every day kinda girl.

The makeup thing is quite an issue. I too desire natural products and makeup and those I have tried are a complete bear to remove. Having to wash my face 5 times or use a cloth or scrub at all, leaves my face raw and red. I am using less and less makeup but I still run into this. Wanting to cover up my past red marks...however, I wonder if all the makeup on/scrubbing off, is really preventing those from being able to heal? I am going to look into Jane Iredale's new mineral bb cream - which is both a skin treatment and concealer/makeup. It looks promising, though expensive. Also Jane Iredale makes this "mitt" that removes makeup gently. I'm going to look into that too because I know wash cloths are ruining my face. A friend of mine just starting wearing the bb cream and her skin looks AMAZING! :) I too, cannot wait for the day when I don't have to wear a thing on my face. We WILL get there.

Overall it sounds like you are keeping everything in perspective and treating yourself well.

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/25/2012 1:13 pm

Sounds like you are making progress tho! And so far no IB??

I bought some Coconut oil too- I love it! I start my treatment August 7th so I'm still in the "prep" stage (and the LOOOOOONG waiting phase!).

I heard Eurcerin Calming Lotion is great¦ maybe you could try that on your dry skin. I love the shea butter but it's not something I would want to put on right before I leave the house.

As for the make-up¦. do you think it would help to use a cleansing cloth first and then gently wash your face? Just a thought. Keep pushin' through the journey!

I don't feel like I've had an IB although I do still break out. I have about 5 actives on my cheek that look worse in the last couple of days but I still wouldn't say I'm having an IB. And I hope I don't! But healing has seemed to slow some.

I do have a creamy cleanser that I can put on dry and gently wipe the makeup off before washing....I'm going to try that if I wear that heavy makeup again (though I'm trying to get rid of it!) . Thanks for the tip.

I only use the shea butter as a hand cream and the hair treatment of course washes out. You're right, shea is too much if you're not going straight to bed.

Ugh I know it sucks. Hate the repeated scabbing and healing process, but yes, it will heal!

I know it's not natural, but the best thing I've used that gently cleanses the skin AND removes makeup without stripping is Cerave Foaming Cleanser. It works for dry skin, too. Just make sure to moisturizer ASAP. It's too drying for the morning, though, so the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser is great for the AM, or water, or anything gentle.

How often are you washing your hair? My hair looks so dry and dead, I try to only wash it every other day. Sometimes I go 2-3 days without washing it and it still looks the same. It's freaky.

I think if I stop wearing this long wearing foundation, I can avoid this problem with taking off makeup and peeling off scabs. But it covers me up soooo well!

I'm only washing my hair every other day. It looks pretty good after I wash it, but it doesn't take long to become dry and dead like you said! It's so yucky looking. And when I wash it, I'm losing a LOT of strands....I hope it's just because it's dry but I also suspect it could be low iron. I HOPE it's not accutane causing hair loss!

Switching to washing every other day SAVED my scalp. And pre-Accutane I was a must-wash-every day kinda girl.

The makeup thing is quite an issue. I too desire natural products and makeup and those I have tried are a complete bear to remove. Having to wash my face 5 times or use a cloth or scrub at all, leaves my face raw and red. I am using less and less makeup but I still run into this. Wanting to cover up my past red marks...however, I wonder if all the makeup on/scrubbing off, is really preventing those from being able to heal? I am going to look into Jane Iredale's new mineral bb cream - which is both a skin treatment and concealer/makeup. It looks promising, though expensive. Also Jane Iredale makes this "mitt" that removes makeup gently. I'm going to look into that too because I know wash cloths are ruining my face. A friend of mine just starting wearing the bb cream and her skin looks AMAZING! smile.png I too, cannot wait for the day when I don't have to wear a thing on my face. We WILL get there.

Overall it sounds like you are keeping everything in perspective and treating yourself well.

Hi Summer. Gina and I have been looking at a couple of options for makeup and we've talked about the Jane Iredale tinted moisturizer as well as this: Real Purity Health Glow Foundation I'm going to get some samples.

I agree that trying to remove long wearing makeup is not good for the healing process! I really want my skin to breathe so today I'm using mineral powder foundation only....you can really see my spots but I just have to stop caring about covering them up so that they can HEAL. THat's why I want a light natural foundation or tinted moisturizer to go under the mineral powder.

I am doing my best to be gentle and positive! :) Hope you're doing well too! Let me know if you find a good makeup.

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/25/2012 7:09 pm

Today I wore my Everyday Minerals foundation ONLY. And after all day, it's still on my skin! Such a change from being oily and having it all slide off. But my face feels SO much better right now because I'm not wearing that long-lasting liquid stuff (Revlon Colorstay)....the minerals are so light and my face feels so much cleaner. it's certainly not covering my acne like the liquid, but I just can't care anymore (to a point) what I look like...I have to be gentle with my skin right now and if that means minimizing the makeup, then that's what I have to do! And I know it's going to be so much easier to wash off tonight! I think this sample shade I got is a little too yellow so I may try a different tomorrow.

Gina, I ordered samples of the Real Purity today! Can't wait to get them in.

Just took my 20th pill!

MemberMember
(@summer5150)

Posted : 07/25/2012 7:21 pm

I was so excited by the Real Purity website, I just ordered 7 samples! Yay! Thanks for the tip. A lot cheaper than Jane Iredale, so I am hoping it is a good fit.

I completely understand what you mean when you go with just mineral powder and lay off the liquid foundation - your skin does feel lighter, like it can breathe. It feels happier. I know mine does. Does my skin look perfect without liquid covering it up? Nope. But it feels like I am doing myself a gigantic favor, so...

I also am losing a lot of strands when I wash. I didn't used to. Trying not to freak about it.

Staying positive, being gentle...:)

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/25/2012 7:31 pm

Summer, you read my thoughts! :)

I'm sooo excited about receiving my samples too. I ordered four. I should have posted this link I found with good descriptions of the colors. Not sure why they don't have better descriptions on their website. http://holisticbeauty.net/real_purity_health_glow_foundation.aspx

I'm going to get my iron checked to see if that's contributing to my hair loss. When I took iron supplements before, it helped. But it's definitely worse after starting accutane.

Gentle gentle :)

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/26/2012 9:04 am

Day 21

I took pictures this morning and compared them to Day 1. I am quite disappointed! I felt like I was seeing more improvement than what it really looks like. I do have a new big cluster of breakouts on my right cheek, but otherwise things were feeling better, including healing of some of the cystic stuff on my jawline. The pictures don't say that though. sad.png

Day 1:

post-179234-0-34424400-1343310876_thumb. post-179234-0-31510300-1343310908_thumb.

Day 21:

post-179234-0-74179100-1343310926_thumb. post-179234-0-66032300-1343310933_thumb.

PS I can't believe I am posting these. I had been feeling so confident lately and now I'm feeling sort of ashamed again. I know this is just the beginning and I'll push through to brighter days, but damn...

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 07/26/2012 9:11 am

NOOOOO! I can see the improvement!! Don't get down on yourself. NO! Your skin looks smoother for sure. Yes, there is still redness and yes, there are still a few actives but really, honestly, overall it is getting better!!! I can only hope mine shows improvement after 21 days. Some people are still getting worse at that point but yours is NOT getting worse. It's better! I imagine it is frustrating not to see the results you want to see as quickly as you would like but it will happen.

I heard a great quote: "You might not be there yet, but your closer than you were yesterday".

Hang in there, girl!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/26/2012 10:36 am

I see some improvement! Hang in there! You haven't even been on it a month yet and there is improvement showing so that is a positive thing. Plus think about all the time left too! So much healing time. Things will get better!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/26/2012 9:49 pm

Hi brave lady!

Posting photos sucks, but I swear it will keep your head in the game.

I DEFINITELY see improvement, specifically on your lower jaw line, chin, and upper lip. I'm sure there's even more improved areas, but those are the ones that stand out to me right now. It also looks like your skin is purging...which happened to me during the first month. I really didn't see amazing results until during my second month. Everyone's different, and I think that your switch to mineral makeup will definitely speed healing!!! It's meant to be used by people who have had cosmetic surgery or burns, etc. Therefore, it HAS to be gentle!

Just play up your eyes a bit if you're worried about decreasing the foundation.

Have you noticed any sun sensitivity? Your skin looks pretty pale. I'm still slightly tanning and sometimes burning from being in the sun for too long if I don't reapply sunscreen. It sucks.

Yay can't wait to see how much better it gets!!!

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/27/2012 7:52 am

NOOOOO! I can see the improvement!! Don't get down on yourself. NO! Your skin looks smoother for sure. Yes, there is still redness and yes, there are still a few actives but really, honestly, overall it is getting better!!! I can only hope mine shows improvement after 21 days. Some people are still getting worse at that point but yours is NOT getting worse. It's better! I imagine it is frustrating not to see the results you want to see as quickly as you would like but it will happen.

I heard a great quote: "You might not be there yet, but your closer than you were yesterday".

Hang in there, girl!

Thank you so much.... I'm feeling better today. I mean, it's really early, I can't be stressing about this! Just push on through! Thank you for responding and being so sweet :)

I see some improvement! Hang in there! You haven't even been on it a month yet and there is improvement showing so that is a positive thing. Plus think about all the time left too! So much healing time. Things will get better!

Thank you...you are right, I have so much time to improve! I have seen progress even though the pics don't show what I thought I was seeing in the mirror. Some progress is a really positive thing. Thank you for your support!

Hi brave lady!

Posting photos sucks, but I swear it will keep your head in the game.

I DEFINITELY see improvement, specifically on your lower jaw line, chin, and upper lip. I'm sure there's even more improved areas, but those are the ones that stand out to me right now. It also looks like your skin is purging...which happened to me during the first month. I really didn't see amazing results until during my second month. Everyone's different, and I think that your switch to mineral makeup will definitely speed healing!!! It's meant to be used by people who have had cosmetic surgery or burns, etc. Therefore, it HAS to be gentle!

Just play up your eyes a bit if you're worried about decreasing the foundation.

Have you noticed any sun sensitivity? Your skin looks pretty pale. I'm still slightly tanning and sometimes burning from being in the sun for too long if I don't reapply sunscreen. It sucks.

Yay can't wait to see how much better it gets!!!

Thank you, thank you. The jawline is where I really can see improvement...the cystic stuff is healing. I was just surprised to see that the pics weren't showing a very noticeable difference. But I'm back on top this morning...it's so early and I have a long way to go so no worries! I do think you're right - I am purging some though it's not as if it's a horrific IB.

I have been careful about being out in the sun. My face is pretty pale but I have a decent tan on the rest of my body. I always have makeup on my face with SPF so I guess that's why it isn't tanning.

It actually makes it tough to find a mineral makeup that matches because my face is paler than my neck (plus all that redness). I can't really even tell if I'm a warm/cool/neutral. Pretty sure I'm on the neutral or neutral/cool side but the pinks in the cool colors accent the red. But I'm really happy I'm switching to mineral because I definitely think that will help my healing process. Now if I can just find the right color.....

Thanks again ladies for the pick-me-ups! :)

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/27/2012 9:12 am

Ahem... while I was trying to maintaining anonymity for some reason, I think it would be quite easier if I just gave my name...

Hi, I'm Becca :)

MemberMember
(@tiger-1)

Posted : 07/27/2012 9:24 am

Hi Becca! Thanks for your help to me on Katie's log (kaydon). I responded but my reply posted weird so hopefully you'll be able to see what I said to you. You (and the other girls that do it too) are so brave to post photos!! I could never do it because I'm not technically savvy enough to figure out how to get the stupid things on here, haha! I'm 48 so some of the technology passed me by and I use my kids as a crutch to do some of it so I haven't learned it all properly. :)

My only request to you is to not use the word "ashamed" ever again. I completely know what you're saying, I've felt that way many times because of my acne, especially when I doing things with other moms and they all have perfect skin, but I remind myself it's not my fault I have this issue - it's nothing I did wrong it's just how it is for me. And now we're both doing something about it and that's brave too!! Be proud you're taking charge of your future. :) I know you know it's still early in your course but it can be so discouraging not to see major results right away can't it? This medication is such a journey, just remember we're all feeling your pain and we're here to support you! Hang in there!! :)

MemberMember
(@littleflower)

Posted : 07/27/2012 12:16 pm

Your skin just looks like it's purging- remember it's meant to get worse before it gets better so just see it as a positive thing that the medicine is working :) I'm at this stage too- my chin is a horrible mess right now :P But I'd much rather have everything come up all at once and then go away forever rather than have them come up over the course of a long period of time; I wouldn't be happy with my skin either way and lucky for us we can cover it up!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/27/2012 4:15 pm

Becca! Neat name. I've never known anyone with that name.

I wish we could have a support group in real life sometimes. It would make things a lot more fun. :)

How are you doing today?

MemberMember
(@savannahjonaccutane)

Posted : 07/27/2012 4:32 pm

Keep your head up beautiful! (: I see a difference!